1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A big thanks to devs on spellweaving mastery!

Discussion in 'UO Time of Legends' started by StealYourFace, Oct 12, 2015.

1. StealYourFace

StealYourFace Journeyman

I guess I didn't read up on this enough because I just discovered this last night. I got level 3 mastery on both of my weavers and can now get a level 6 focus with just these 2 characters. This fixes one of the things I hated the most playing on a low population shard. Thank you very much for this:ten:!

2. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

that is good to turn on mastery for that then go to a different mastery (methinks) I didn't really care for the other mastery (spellweaving) spells

3. StealYourFace

StealYourFace Journeyman

The reaper works good on 1st and 2nd level spawns. Invis, let everything get on reaper and earthquake. Mana shields not that great. When I remember to put it on I don't see much diff.

4. Caelyr

Caelyr Adventurer

I agree, this is a really nice addition to the game, as are many of the masteries. However, when using the spellweaving mastery, the passive only affects you, so other players can't benefit from your increased circle strength. I'm not sure this is intended, as spellweaving is a co-op focused spell school. Perhaps one of the devs could clarify if it is intended to work this way.

5. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper

I love the masteries. However I'm sad by the poisoning mastery. I run a poison mage and the masteries are only for a melee char.

6. King Greg

King Greg Seasoned Veteran

So now If I stick two toons with level 3 mastery at wbb, any single player can walk up and get a full focus?

7. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

it adds + the level of mastery you have so if you are level 3 it adds +3 (I haven't tested yet so not sure if that is +4 total / person)
    anyhow you have to have mastery on so most likely you have to have spellweaving on also.
    we have been doing zero based focus to get +6 gem and then go put skill on. with this method you can use 2 peeps with level 3 mastery and get the +6 gem with just them. if anyone else jumps in I would assume they get a 6 also (if in skill range of 20 from caster)

8. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

The mastery benefit only impacts the player with the mastery:

Player 1 on the Brit circle with level 3 mastery
    Player 2 on a the Brit circle with no mastery
    =
    Player 1 gets a level 6, player two gets a level 3 focus.

DifferenceDifference likes this.
  9. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

as a side note I cast continual heal (sw spell) on my dragon and continually gain in spirituality :)

10. Grace of Minoc

Grace of Minoc Journeyman

Which opposes the whole getting folks to interact point doesn't it?

player one is not going to stick around to help player two get a higher focus
    and spam for more people to come.

I got a level II and assumed what my focus level was everyone else got.

Now I know and feel bad for leaving early before everyone else got a max focus.

Not sure what the point was for this then........

11. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Helps those who have the mastery... Hurts those without one...

12. King Greg

Okay, so I still need to shove 4 spellweaving toons on the circle to benefit everyone. Boo

13. King Greg

What would be preferred? Toons with 0 Skill so players who have soul stoned off their skill can get their focus, or characters with 100 skill so players with 80-120 skill can get their focus

14. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

They work with a Nox Mage as well, if you use a Mage Wep. Injecting Strike remains active even through spell casts, so if you swing at someone and hit them with your Mage Wep, you can apply DP with that hit. I like Exp+FS, then run in and hit so the person is hit with Exp+FS+DP all at the same time. Tolerance also works just fine for Nox Mages, reducing the level of Poison that you're hit with (just make sure you have at least 20 Stamina).

15. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

They should make it so that if the one with the mastery does the cast, all get the bonus due to his greater ability at Spellweaving.