1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A bit help on chiv/arch/tame temp?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Shadefox, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Shadefox

Shadefox Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

120 Archery
    120 Tactics
    110 Taming
    115 Lore
    115 Vet
    80 Chiv
    60 focus

Using this as base, would It be possible to control a greater dragon good? (havent tried em on so low taming before)
    Aslo, Im thinking to cramp in anat from items saving points, any have any other suggestion?

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

You'll be able to reliably control any pet with this template, including a dread. Template looks good, except for one item: replace focus with meditation.

This is a fun template - one of my favorites.

3. Shadefox

Shadefox Certifiable

how far can I drop lore to reliable control a ww?

4. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I used to run 110 taming and 110 lore.

That was enough for 99% control of every creature except the dread war horse or the fire steeds.

Also, you could drop vet down to 100, or even 90 and still do very well in healing your pet (my 110 taming/lore character had 100 vet and would charge himself with healing other people's tanks against Sicarii or Mephitis and have no trouble. He also would solo-kill the Monstrous Interred Grizzle).

5. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

If you use Enhanced Bandages you can drop Vet 105 and still heal at 115.

6. Shadefox

Shadefox Certifiable

Thanks for all the advice!
    By dropping resists and dci a bit low, I managed to sqeeze in 80-90 anatomy aswell, and still can get it higher if I find better skill combo ring/brace.
    Working wonders already!

Hunters = 20 archery
    Talisman of Birds = 5 lore 5 tame
    Ring/Brace = 56 skill tame/lore/anat

Anything I forgot? from equip?

7. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

4/6 fc/fcr will greatly enhance your survivability, once your taming is high enough.

8. CroMag1980

CroMag1980 Guest

If you want my advice you want a bit more then chiv for healing in high end pvm. With the hunters headdress, necro bracers and some skill jewels run with something like this.

Archery 90-100 + 20 hunters
    Bushido 100-115
    Tactics 100
    Tame 110 (ish)
    Lore 110 (ish)
    Vet 90
    Chiv 60
    Necro 20 +20 bracers
    Spiritspeak 40-50 depending on jewels you can get

Rationale
    1) Bushido rocks, honor rocks, lightning strike rocks and makes capping your HCI an optional choice rather than a must - that makes the suit easier
    2) Curse wep rocks for healing with lightning striking. Compared to what you have above this guy is practically a tank by comparison assuming adequate swing speed. I've solod trav as a wraith with 40 necro 50 spirit on a meleer. 40 nec/50 spirit is all you need any more spirit is just a convenient bonus.
    3) You will be on foot when using a greater dragon anyway, so why not run wraith form - you can spam specials like a maniac. Double attack, lightning arrow in particular will be very useful.
    4) HLA/HLD will make your pet pwn more against whatever it is fighting by an unspecified percentage :)
    5) Get a heavy with hit chance so when you do want to support in pvp you have the capped hci to have any chance of dismounting anyone
    6) Can anything match this for total damage output and damage absorption (you and drag combined) if so I would like to see what so I can make it.

If I take heal, anat and parry off my whammy and replace with tame lore vet. Then swap swords for archery I would have this teamp. Tempted to do so.

*edit* please note spirit should probably not be counted up towards your skill bonus total it doesn't seem to work but not tested properly - i know you need 100 real spirit to see ghosts i bet the same applies for curse wep duration etc.

9. Green Meanie

Green Meanie Guest

with ur op id drop focus and lower vet to gm at that point i would probly pick up med and make sure i get 4/6 jewlwery. Bear in mind i build everything for pvp the poster that said wraith form bushido and curse weapon rock for pvm is absolutly correct, but wont work well in pvp becouse you will be a soft target. Currently i run a tamer that has 120 taming 105 lore 120 bushido 120 swords 100 tatics 120 parry everything else chiv.

The good of my template

full tamer ability
    everything thats nice about bushido
    complet ability as a swordsman

the bad
    Need pots to heal effectivly
    useless on solo high end pvm about the most powerfull thing i can kill is a balron
    have to switch jewlery/weapon to max chiv for reasonable chance to cast enermy of one
    cant res pet or heal it in short order

what i use this char for

Pvp mostly run up to person get of dread mount let it hit them once nerve strike pet hits again another nerve strike dead. if they do get away sometimes dread will firebreath or cast them down. if pet becomes target get on it and heal it while im ridding it when i get some down time. Evasion to keep hps confedence to get them on the run and pots keep me alive just fine from 146 hps.