1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A Bit of an Introduction *READ!*

Discussion in 'UO Baja' started by Orvago, Feb 4, 2002.

1. Orvago

Orvago Stratics' Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

<font color=006400>*claps* Congratulations Rachel! [​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I just wanted to toss a congratulations your way Rachel as a fellow shard reporter/mod combo /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biglaugh2.gif It's one of the most frustratingly wonderful jobs you will have I think /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink1.gif. With time some normalacy will return I hope, and I hope your forum is as wonderful as I count mine to be, Tanis is one of my strays in fact.
    And don't touch that red button 3rd from the left on your new panel set up. Last time I did that..... well we don't talk about that due to legal consequences hehe /php-bin/shared/images/icons/sgrin.gif

3. Rachel

Rachel Guest

Hi. I've been posting here awhile, and lurking for longer. Now I'm the mod. All that means is that now I've got cool buttons to play with!

Seriously though, you guys know the rules. However, if you DON'T know them, there is a little link up at the top *Points to top* That says Rules of Conduct. If they are broken, that will be dealt with. I don't expect them to be broken, so no worries.

This forum has had better times, and it will again. A lot of posters are gone, due to events that may or may not have been how they percieved them. Hopefully those posters will be back in time. Regardless of all that, this forum is a good place to hang out. If you have a question, ask it. If your question is flamed, it will be taken care of. Simply PM Me if you feel you have been personally attacked, and I will look into it.

Well, that's what I have to say. I'll get a cool siggy up soon (hopefully). Feel free to pm me with any questions or concerns you have about me being mod, or really about anything. Thank you.

4. Welcome to the position!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Congrats and welcome Rachel.

Remus of SoA

6. demonfire

demonfire Guest

*stumbles back onto stractics forum*
    Hi.

7. Hottie

Hottie Guest

Score 1 for stratics!!! :)

8. Diltard

Diltard Guest

Hey Rachel, glad you got the job! Thanks for stepping up for it as well. I hope you still post on that other Baja forum too - you know, the one that loads most of the time /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Rachel

Rachel Guest

Post deleted by Rachel

10. OTTnMIA

OTTnMIA Guest

Congratulations and welcome, Rachel.

*applauds*

I wish you the best. You already seem to have the right "attitude".

:)

11. SirWillow

SirWillow Guest

Congrats Rachel. Nice to see someone actually from Baja in the position.

As a former mod on another site, have fun and keep smiling- even when it gets irritating and the hate mail starts coming in (and it will, no matter what you do). Just comes with the position and not one of the nicer parts of it.

but you'll do great I'm sure. Congrats again.

12. Rachel... Glad to have you as the new "Stratics Baja Forum MOD"

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll do a great job.

14. Deepwood

Deepwood Guest

welcome and congrats

15. Raliegh

Raliegh Guest

Congratulations and welcome

Raliegh

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Congrats Rach....why U have to delete the link ?

Just curious.

Vy

17. sherkborg

sherkborg Guest

<font color=purple> So whats happening? IS jean gone? or whats teh situation?

18. [​IMG] It's Bella!... [​IMG]..... hehe

19. Xel The Wanderer

Xel The Wanderer Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Congratulations and welcome aboard!

Your Humble Servant,

Xel The Wanderer

20. Grasser

Grasser Guest

need more input
    I cant config meself
    #1 - what shard and Character you play?
    #2 - Copy of state ID, home location
    #3 - Just kiddin about #2 hehe YUK YUK
    Welcome as new MOD
    ~G~

21. Rachel

Rachel Guest

I Play Many Many chars. Most are on Baja, one is on Siege. My main char is named Rachel. She is a Tamer (yes, I said tamer) with purple hair and an ever present deathrobe.

My faction char is a fencer/macer/mage named Alana. She is in SL. She has blue hair, and generally she is wearing a deathrobe as well.

My mule is named "a Kid in China". You've never seen him, but you may have seen some of his stuff.

I have others, but those are the mains.

22. I have a fantabulous blue leather suit made by a Kid in China in which my nox mage wears proudly, thanks alana, *bows*

Also whenever you see me on icq just give me a ring i am there, I just started a tamer and am curious to learn the ropes.

Thanks again,
    Tnavas

23. "A kid in china"? hehe

Good stuff! By the way welcome i didnt notice that this post had been here for so long.

My mule's name is "a kid working in a sweat shop in indonesia"
    Give me a hola if you see me.
    =)~
    M-

24. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

<blockquote><hr>

a kid working in a sweat shop in indonesia

<hr></blockquote>

For some reason I'm really doubting that would fit as a character name... seems a bit long.

25. Ahh yes i thought it wouldnt fit either. But my other characters name was

himynameismattimdoingthisforalltheguliblepeople=)

Yes Yes i know its long.. but it fit somehow.
    M-

26. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

27. scalacronica

scalacronica Guest

Yea, where is our old MOD Jean-Luc? We did not run him off did we?

28. *raising her voice to be heard above all cheers while deftly swatting from her face the showering of confetti*

Warmest of welcomes to the newest and reportedly **very** stylish Baja Mod!!! {{{Lady Rachel}}}

;-)

29. First off,congrats Rachel.Have a drink on me...actually have a few hehe.
    /php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif/php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif.And secound off Bella I am NOT a stray,I'd never post on any board besides LS's....oh wait this is Baja's...ok so mabey I do but LS is SSSSSSOOOOOO SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW right now.

30. Taran Kain

Taran Kain Guest

heh, cool.. my mule's name is 'child labor', for real.. tho he's nowhere near gm anything, i think highest skill i got on him is 75 mining or so

anyway welcome... but where did jean-luc go? noone seems to be answering that question, seems like a coverup....

*xfiles theme song*

31. A kid in china, and a child labor are improper UO names! I'm gonna get you guys banned!

32. hehe Taran Kain your mules name is very funny indeed. =)

woot hehe

But seroiusly i wish osi had a sence of humor.
    M-

33. Rachel

Rachel Guest

before I created my mule, I called a gm and asked. Here is what he told me

"a Kid in China = Legal "

"a Chinese Kid = Illegal"

Also, I created a junk char on one of my spare accounts, specifically to wear my mule's clothes. I named the junk char "Kathy Lee"

34. Eldorian

Eldorian Guest

Can I kill Kathy Lee please?

35. Rachel

Rachel Guest

actually, Kathy Lee's Current PvP record is 1 - 0

a friend of mine was letting me whack on her with a newbie katana, and I got like this gargantuan 5 point hit, and she died *sniff*.

Kathy Lee RoxXoR jOO

36. Guest

Guest Guest

I knew there was a reason I should check on the baja forum tonight, *welcome* :)

Er, well rather since you have been here awhile, I suppose *congrats* is more appropriate :)

Actually, it's probably a pretty stressful job, just look what it did to Chance...maybe I should just say *Hi!*

37. Taran Kain

Taran Kain Guest

and still the mystery of jean-luc remains...

38. *BajaGuy*

*BajaGuy* Guest

I took him out back and kicked his unwelcome, skanky, annoying, tamer ass back to the tamers forum where people actually wanted him..=]

39. Guest

Guest Guest

I went to the massive trouble to look it up, Jean-luc is still a mod for pac, the tamers, and us. Big happy faces people!

40. *BajaGuy*

*BajaGuy* Guest

d'oh....hey Jean-Luc.ya know I was only kiddin right...hehehe yeh...I was only....kiddin..honest!

41. Guest

Guest Guest

lol, he only comes out to play if you violate the RoC :)

42. Rachel

Rachel Guest

Darnit, this thread is about me . . ME, I TELL YOU, ME!!!!!!

So, what do you want to talk about (hint; Me)

seriously though, no more jean - luc comments. Whatever your personal views about him, they will be kept to yourself, or shared in PMs, and not broadcast publicly. Any derogatory mention of him outloud, even if it is vaguely implied, is considered a personal attack, and will be dealt with accordingly.

Now, back to the subject at hand . . . .ME!!!

43. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow that Rachel, humble, sweet...almost retiring, I tell ya. You won't find her hogging a spotlight, or drawing attention to herself. No siree bob. Nuh uh. Not at all. Not even a little bit.

Heh.

44. Taran Kain

Taran Kain Guest

i still want her magic gm blessed spear
    i'd kill ya for it....... actually no i wouldn't, i couldn't pvp an 8 year old
    not that it'd do any good being blessed /php-bin/shared/images/icons/sad.gif

45. Ancient Sosarian

Ancient Sosarian Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Congrats and Welcome, Rachel.

Sorry I missed this for I would surely have sent my congrats sooner.

An SoS

46. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Please enlighten me as to the purpose of your resurrection of a thread over seven years out of date?

47. Pazuzu

Pazuzu Guest

GGS gain of 0.1 in Thread Necromancy? :D

48. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

LMAO TY:thumbup:

49. Ancient Sosarian

Ancient Sosarian Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

As I said, I missed this originally. Ergo, this was my first opportunity to add my best wishes etc.

Two others have added their own thots, three if we count you.

That is as enlightening as I may be today.

An SoS