1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

a blackrock forge

Discussion in 'UHall' started by peanutbutter, Dec 28, 2008.

1. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

i want one. and a blackrock anvil.

please consider this in a near future patch or publish.

ex: 20 small blackrock added to any recipe for anvil or forge creates a blackrock product that is, well, blackish.

2. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Oh, blackrock made armor would be neat! Of course the blackrock would have to be rendered non-explosive in some manner before it could be used. :)

3. LadyKeroOfAtl

LadyKeroOfAtl UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
    Stratics Veteran

To add to this, if they'd let us make blackrock items...
    It would be really cool if blackrock was a rare item mined, if the miner is GM and is able to mine stone.

But so peoples blackrock they've been holding doesn't lose value, maybe a blackrock that's in the form of the granite we already mine ?

4. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

Just make a forge outta color wood and anvil and dye it shadow dancer color from the Tok Dyes.

5. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

but it would need to say "A Blackrock Forge" - and maybe it could glisten or something...

6. I don't know about anyone else, but I have mined blackrock with my GM +5 Small pieces mostly, if you aren't paying attention, you won't notice it, but I also feel that having BR in your pack is a sure way to get at least a regular ele to come over and see what you are doing at his rock. And unless they turned it off, mining while holding blackrock would spawn the dreaded Blackrock ele. Never popped and ele that I didn't find out later that I had a piece of BR in my pack should I have survived the encounter

7. Seasseragh

Seasseragh Guest

Hell no - Blackrock is the Uranium of the Ultima world, there should be a price for flashing it.

8. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It has indeed been turned off. Blackrock is still out there to be mined at 1/10th-1/20th the frequency of ML gems, but carrying it is no longer dangerous (at least for the moment, no guarantees it will remain safe)

9. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

In the old Ultima games there were blackrock swords.

10. Ni-

Ni- Guest

Blackrock anvil? Ooo, make it explode in your face every 5th hammer swing on it! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 BOOM! ...dead... I mean, it is very volatile.

11. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I don't know about you, but I'd rather not be putting pieces of hot metal on a blackrock anvil and then whacking at it with a hammer. Seems like a good way to lose a few fingers... not to mention the walls and roof of the building you're in. :D

12. RichDC

RichDC Guest

The obsidion blade is "blackrock" as is the shield, you can tell due to the damage it did on invasion mobs, although this has never been officially confirmed...

Oh slightly OT (i would like blackrock forge too) why in the F**K dont blackrock eles carry blackrock?

Me and a group of 3 others decided to take one down...after a horrendous 30mins battle we finally killed it...went to loot and we couldnt believe it!!!

Loot was no better than a DC ELE!!!!

WTF!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!

13. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

In a way they did - at one point, the ones you dug up came up at the same time as a small piece of blackrock.

But overall they were an obstacle monster, not a "hunt me, loot me" monster.

14. Farscape

Farscape Guest

Nice Idea but wear PPC or you will be kinda fried
    I myself would like an anvil attached to my fire beetle that would be cool