1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

A Blue Wisp?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vyal, Jun 30, 2009.

  1. Vyal

    Vyal Guest

    After blowing myself to bits many many many times I got this guy to pop out and start askin stuff, then it asked me for information but I had none ;/

    [​IMG]

    Any ideas? New quest or what?
     
  2. Maplestone

    Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2008
    Messages:
    3,657
    Likes Received:
    9
    It's one of the great unsolved mysteries of the Inu era.

    The wisp wants a "source of dense information", but despite all sort of attempts to give it books and scrolls and keywords, as far as I know, nobody ever solved the puzzle.
     
  3. Cloak&Dagger

    Cloak&Dagger Guest

    Yea this is pretty old. Use to be rumored that it had to do with the book of truth, of course you can not give it to him. So it is pretty much still unsolved to my knowledge, possibly something to do with a future arch? (could also be asking for blackrock as it is a "dense source of knowledge" Magic = knowledge and blackrock is the most concentrated form of magic)
     
  4. Vyal

    Vyal Guest

    This wisp comes from blackrock. If you don't blow yourself up it will appear.
     
  5. twoburntfouryou

    twoburntfouryou Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 29, 2008
    Messages:
    276
    Likes Received:
    11
    I lost my lady title playing with blackrock:blushing: My body parts are in luna , my hubbys front yard, my house. I guess I am easy to amuse :lol:
     
  6. Cloak&Dagger

    Cloak&Dagger Guest

    Yes from casting the spell, but perhaps he wants the blackrock himself. Never tried it only thought of it just now. Either way I do not think anyone knows how to solve the puzzle.
     
  7. Beer_Cayse

    Beer_Cayse Guest

    <grasping at straws>

    tried giving it blackrock? wisps may have a way to garner information from it ... and in theory it could be a dense material.

    </end grasping at straws>
     
  8. Wargasm11

    Wargasm11 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2009
    Messages:
    291
    Likes Received:
    0
    what exactly are you saying to activate it? i cant get it to work
     
  9. Vyal

    Vyal Guest

    It's really rare when it happens, say the words then you will either blow yourself into peices - nothing will happen - or the wisp pops out.
     
  10. Perhaps they are looking for Alagner's notebook...
     
  11. twoburntfouryou

    twoburntfouryou Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 29, 2008
    Messages:
    276
    Likes Received:
    11
    I am not playing with it anymore :coco:I logged back in after spending a hour fooling around with the stuff and a message in white letters popped up and said "Good Afternoon twoburntfouryou patience" Have no clue where that came from.:eyes:
     
  12. Phaen Grey

    Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    1,053
    Likes Received:
    7
    It sounds like you have a case of blackrock infection, DON'T LISTEN TO THE VOICES!

    The Lyceum is hard at work on a cure... perhaps a fund raiser might be in order!
     
  13. Tina Small

    Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    7,535
    Likes Received:
    1,927
    At one point, wasn't Inu doing something with a notebook that belonged to Clainin? My memory's fuzzy, but I thought she was translating it. Have been wondering if that notebook may be what the wisps want.
     
  14. Bomb Bloke

    Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2008
    Messages:
    850
    Likes Received:
    0
    Unlikely it wants blackrock. There's no "information" in that stuff that a Wisp wouldn't already know about.

    ... Maybe if you have one of your spare heads available you could give it that?
     
  15. Quantum Ace

    Quantum Ace Guest

    Say "VAS KAL AN MANI IN CORP HUR TYM" and then target the blackrock. Uh... and make sure there is a healer close by.
     
  16. Trebr Drab

    Trebr Drab Guest

    Has anyone tried this yet? I suggested the same thing way back when, but to my knowledge no one has tried it. It would be very typical RP humor to call the gamers "dense", referring to a dense head of the player as the thing it wants. It makes sense, this "dense".

    I would have tried myself, back in the day when I roamed the lands of Sosaria, but I was never able to raise the specter of the blue Wisp, being only GM mage (if that really matters, perhaps something else?).

    On a side note, it's encouraging for UO to have such a mystery and wait for someone to actually solve it rather than hand it out. On the other hand, maybe the answer can't be found yet, waiting for the new release to be ready first. I don't know, but it's worth the try.

    Someone might be a "hero" here. Give it a try, please. Something like this might draw a few old timers that love the old Ultima mystery back to the world of Sosaria.
     
  17. Maplestone

    Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2008
    Messages:
    3,657
    Likes Received:
    9
    If it was a red wisp, perhaps, but it's a blue wisp :)
     
  18. Bomb Bloke

    Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2008
    Messages:
    850
    Likes Received:
    0
    So, um, yeah. Bump. I read this today (slightly NSFW due to language), but it seems relevant enough.

    (Actually reading through the plays of V and VI is most enlightening, as it's amazing just how closely tied UO currently is to the events in those games, right down to gargoyles and their boomerangs).
     
  19. altarego

    altarego Guest


    Or you could see how much different they are if you actually took a few days to play the games.

    *shrug*