1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A character asking money for 18x18

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Splup, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Splup

Splup Guest

Heya,

There's a character going around Luna asking money from ppl. He keeps saying he has 50k and he needs 600k (680 or something like that) for 18x18 house plot. I quess I'm not allowed to say chars name here so I won't. It's ok if I say name is **nce? you can figure out the first 2 letter if you see him.

He's wearing some normal NPC bought armor, ringmail gloves etc, asking money for that house.

Well, I was a bit of a fool to believe his story at first, and gave this guy 100k to get started. Told him to buy a smaller house first. He was like ok, thank you.

Now, 2 days later I'm in Luna with a different character. He comes to me again, with exact same lines, he has 50k needing money for the 18x18. I asked him few questions to make sure he's just cheating (which was pretty obvious since he got the 100k already from me).

So I told him that it's freaking lame to cheat money from people who are trying to be nice and help you. He acting like he had no idea what I'm talking about. I told him that I just gave him 100k with other character. and conversation went like this:

Me: "I just gave you 100k with other character, how come you still have only 50k?"
    **nce: "I had to use it"
    Me: "On what?"
    **nce:" "Armor, had to buy armor"
    Me: "You trying to tell that you paid 100k for NPC bought ringmail gloves?..."
    **:nce "bye"

And started running away from me as fast as he could.

So if you see this guy asking for money, tell ppl not give him any.

2. Lucy of Kenton

Lucy of Kenton Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

ok may seem mean as i have a few gp under the bed, but if i see someone like that i give them a pickaxe and offer to g8 them to a mine to earn the money.
    i had to do it nearly 10 years ago and would do it again rather than beg
    :danceb::danceb:

3. thelust6

thelust6 Guest

Had that guy following me around asking for 600k too

4. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yes this guy with a name begining with V was asking me and my guildies for gold....same storry...needed 500k blah blah blah. I told him he would need to earn it, ran off calling us fools...safe to say he wont be getting any hand outs from our guild :talktothehand:

5. darthvodka

darthvodka Guest

He was hanging around last night spamming the same.

Most people just told him to go earn it.

There seems to be loads of players stopping me and asking for money. I'm all for helping other characters but as soon as they demand money.....

6. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

prob the same guy who has been terrorising BoC chars and new haven, no point paging as i got canned message appalling really that these scumbags get away with it

7. Ha!! This guy came up to me called **nce and blurted the exact same story! I knew i could smell a red herring :loser: :loser:

8. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

lol, he was probberly just roleplaying..lol lol

9. Myna

Myna Guest

hey whats wrong with him

he just uses begging skill on PCs instead of NPCs .... works even with 0 skill in begging as you can see.

but funny story a newbie begging skill for a 18x18 plot LOL ... didnt know that newbies need a 18x18 so badly ... they should start with a smaller one and buy a huge one later

10. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

Is there basis for that conclusion, or just a desire to bring it up in an unrelated thread?

If someone RPs begging, then they're fine by me. I'd probably even give them a little something, not enough for an 18x18, but more than nothing.
    If someone's just being the sort of person who'd rather beg from others than try themselves... No golds for them.
    Sounds to me that this person is just farming the luna player spawns. At worst, it's a scam, which the GMs don't deal with.

11. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

havnt you posted about autoing uo why u care???

:)

12. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I have no idea what you're trying to say there.

13. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Implying Splup is a scripter, not that that has anything to do with scammers taking advantage of people's generosity. Just an opportunity to put the boot in I guess.

14. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

That was my assumption, but it's always more fun to try and get them to clarify their accusations ;)

15. Splup

Splup Guest

People having hard times to understand the concept of that ban thread I quess...

If I was the one macroing, getting my acc banned I quess I'd get the e-mail from EA and not be asking on boards if there's other way to know ehh.

I'm not gonna even argue about this, if you feel like discussing it be my guest, but I just have pretty much nothing to add.