1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

"A Christmas Carol" Old Time Radio Drama...

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Schuyler Bain, Dec 24, 2009.

1. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hello all - I posted this a few weeks ago in the UHall OT forum and thought I would share it here as well.

When I was in college I had a professor who was an old time radio guy. He was in the business when it started and was a really cool dude. He turned me on to the old time radio dramas of the mid-late 1930s. About a year ago I came across this site (http://www.mercurytheatre.info) that has a number of the old radio dramas available for download. They are in the public domain and therefore free to host, download and listen to. This list includes the famous/infamous War of the Worlds broadcast as well as many others. I have put a number of these on CD to listen to in the car while I commute to and from work and highly recommend them if you are so inclined.

I post this at this time of year because it also includes two excellent versions of "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. This is one of my all-time favorite Christmas stories and I thought that some of you just might feel the same.

Enjoy & Happy Holidays!

2. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you kindly Schuyler, would you mind if I re-posted this link to the RP Portal?

3. Schuyler Bain

Stratics Veteran

You are most welcome! Please repost as you wish.

Happy Holidays!

4. Schuyler Bain

Stratics Veteran

It's that time of year again - enjoy.

Happy Holidays!

5. Shh!

Shh! Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for posting this! Very cool stuff.