1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A Clothing Quibble

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Riyana, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Riyana

Riyana Operations
    Administrator Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Campaign Patron

So I'm gearing up to design a suit for a character. She's a RP character with a few important characteristics: purple hair, a red coat, and a tricorne hat. So before I get down to crafting, I play with some plain junk armor to get an appropriate look for her.

[​IMG]

Ooh, I like this! The jin-baori with the fancy shirt gives the impression of a nice red coat, and the haidate shape balances nicely against the jin-baori.

But I wonder what it looks like in the enhanced client?

[​IMG]

The jin-baori looks completely wrong! It's no longer a vest, but rather a weird patterned corset! And the haidate... what is going on there? I turn her around...

[​IMG]

Yes...

[​IMG]

Noooooo!!

What is this nonsense?! You can't be the scourge of the seas with your rear end hanging out!

The saddest part? My interest in the haidate came from the npc arena manager pictured here, whom I thought, in my classic client naivete, was quite snazzily dressed:

[​IMG]

But who has apparently been enduring a serious draft for quite some time now:

[​IMG]

Yikes!

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

*laughs* This is why you should ALWAYS check both if it means anything to you..... because yes... you could just be the one letting it all hang out!

And yes I agree it's annoying.... The differences between the EC and CC are HUGE... My big beef with the EC is everything is SKIN TIGHT.... No you can't have a long flowing skirt... and some dresses even will cling to your legs sooooo tightly you wonder can my character even walk or do they have to mini-shuffle everywhere they go... and god forbid they might need to step up stairs because in that tight of a dress or skirt there is NO WAY they could possibly go upstairs.

Not to mention all Gargoyles if they don't wear the extremely ugly fancy gargish robe run around in a gunnysack.

3. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Several pieces of clothing need serious work in the EC. The fact that the tunic and the fancy shirt look identical is a let down, as is the fact that the surcoat just looks like a sleeveless tunic. All three make your avatar look chunky.

startle, Riyana and Sauteed Onion like this.
  4. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

*points and laughs at the cheek leaking pirate!

Riyana and DJAd like this.
  5. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

lol. good thing all I do is wear a robe over my armor /rp

6. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

I will forever hate EC for turning the Norse Helm into a random cone shaped thing that looks nothing at all like the original...that type of helmets original name was the Nose Helm, it was then changed to Norse Helm, and now I guess it was decided to remove the actual part that covers the characters nose entirely.

Cap.png

Cap 3d.png

G.v.P and Amber Witch like this.
  7. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

^^^ Probably in response to complaints from the "I can't see enough of my face" crowd.... :rolleyes:

Captn Norrington likes this.
  8. Sauteed Onion

He looks like Magneto's Metro half brother.

9. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

And what happened to short pants?!! They used to be lovely capri pants now they are a baggie above the knee wrinkled sack! AND recently I discovered they are STILL capri pants on male figures!! BAH!!

10. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The Manolo he asks, maybe they are not longer fashionable, replaced by horrible designs from the shows of fashion? For the men, knickerbockers are timeless always, and it is now the skirts for the dapper man to wear.

http://manolomoda.com/2010/05/26/mas-faldas-givenchy/

[​IMG]