1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A couple of change requests for Axem's quest

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Harlequin, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

House ran out of space and I had to clean up the tomes and scrolls I'd stored away to make room. I'd not tried to turn in so many before, realized a couple of things while I am turning in the items to Axem.

1) For the rewards, instead of the couple of unstacked random ML gems/ingredients plus a couple of unstacked random old school gems, can it be changed into just 1 stack of a a certain type of random ML gem/ingredient plus 1 stack of a certain type of random old school gem?

Easier on the wrist for those of us packrats. Plus, less items generated for the server to keep track of and less chances of people leaving the gems on the floor (yeah, I know it means I won't be able find as much free gems that people throw away).

2) Can the delay for each of these 3 quests from Axel be reduced/removed so that you can repeat the quest immediately? I know it's put into the Heartwood quests to deter scripters, but for Axem's quest, since players can't craft the items to turn in, I don't think there's a need.

No pressure. Just thought it would be nice for the to-do list.

2. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

How long is the delay? I did 2 of the same quest yesterday, don't remember any

3. Beldon

Beldon Guest

Like a minute or two

4. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

As beldon says, it's about a minute or 2. I think it's actually much shorter than the heartwood quest for crossbow bolts.

If I alternate between the quest for the tome and the quest for the scrolls, then consolidate the books and gems into my sub-bags, I can keep cycling through the 2 quests. So I normally bring 5 scrolls for each 1 tome when I want to turn them in.

The problem is this time I was trying to free up some space and brought all the scrolls and tomes I'd collected so far. I ran out of scrolls (the quest needs 5 of these) while I still had 40+ tomes... :p

So the normally not noticeable delay becomes much more noticeable and arms were growing tired of dragging the gems out into my pouch as well :sad3:. So I thought I'd make a suggestion for tweaks that'll make life a bit easier.

5. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

You know if you don't accept the quest he offers and keep dbl clicking his name, you'll eventually get to the tome quest?

6. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

Yup, that is correct, you will eventually get it, but not for the next 1-2 mins. The delay I am referring to is that whenever you complete a quest, that same quest will not be offered no matter how many times you click his name for the next 1 to 2 mins.

Let's say you just complete the tome (ye old gargish) quest, he will now give only the remaining 2 quests for the next 1 to 2 mins no matter how many times you click.

If you next accept and complete the ancient scroll quest, he will offer only the pottery quest no matter how many times you dbl click him.

If you wait 1 to 2 mins for the tome quest's cooldown timer to expire, and then double click him, he now cycles between the tome and the pottery quest.

If you wait a bit more for the scroll quest to cooldown and then dbl click him, he will now cycle through all 3 quests again.

The cooldown is not unique. It also applies to the crossbow bolt quest in heartwood. But the heartwood one seems to be longer.

7. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

Hmmm, maybe I didn't have enough to turn in to notice that! I'll pay attention next time :p

8. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You are a wealth of information my man.

I've done that quest many many times, and I had no idea why it worked like that. I just figured I was getting it from the rng.

Thanks so much.

9. Yalp

Yalp Guest

I can do the same quest over and over with no delay.. like posted above double clicking his life bar will bring up quest gumps.. but if the one you want isn't coming up in the first 3-4 double clicks.. cancel the quest, and reclick his life bar. Canceling the quests seems to reset the timers.

10. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

You could probably use the UOA Organizer Agent to auto-stack gems

11. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I figured I had to move along to a different quest. I even brought in a different character and alternated them to do the shard quest over and over.

LOL silly timer.

12. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

only i think if they are in your main pack

13. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

Actually, canceling doesn't reset it either... What you are seeing is the cool down at work. It's a bit hard to explain, but it'll be obvious that there's a cool down implemented if you do the crossbow bolt quest and compare it with Axem's quests.

As I've said, it's minor compared to the heartwood quest, so no biggie and no pressure, just something I thought would be nice to look into when they have time.

14. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

Yup, the organizer agent only works if the items are in your main pack...and I can't bear to throw away any of the gems...so that means I drag each of the 10 individual pieces of gems and drop them in my subpack heh

And that's after dragging 5 pieces of scrolls and 1 tome to my main pack each cycle I do the quest.

After lots of dragging, it just occurred to me that it would be nice if the devs can look into it.

Ohhh, and stackable scrolls/tomes as well, please?

15. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'd say they need to change the timers to match the hunting quest ones... 30 minutes for the fragements, 2 hours for the scroll pieces, one day for the tome.

16. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

Meanie :sad3: