1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

A few basic questions about the Cove invasion

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Prince Caspian, May 14, 2008.

1. 1. What loot is available, besides the vanguard cloak and the dread steeds for the tamers?

2. Do the other monsters offer any loot of note?

3. It took 3 hours for the next wave to appear on Sonoma. Is this typical? Do we have another Maginica lethargic gate invasion here?

4. Anyone able to hurt the restless souls?

5. Do the Vanguard Cloaks do anything in particular? Just another Cloak of Corruption?
  2. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    I have yet to see a Vanguard Cloak. We sure that isn't a rumor?

The Vanguard carries a Sword and a Shield that's sometimes lootable. The Obsidian Blade, and the Chaos Shield. They both have respectable but not great stats, and are a very dark color.

Their use, beyond being semi-cool collectibles, is not yet known.

-Galen's player
  3. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

May 12, 2008
    4. Anyone able to hurt the restless souls?

They're bugged. You need to pull them out of the guardzone to kill them (the docks work).
  4. Lariat

Lariat Guest

Also, the Dark Wisps here are dropping the Threads of Life/Fate.
  5. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008

And on loot: the same guys that have the silly horse also have a silly chaos shield with 10% DCI, 10% reflect physical and a boat load of physical resist. And you can enhance them for more resists. They also have a sword which I don't think is anything special.
  6. SilentFoxXy

SilentFoxXy Guest

7. The spawn occurs at midnight in the UO day, you can find this out by carrying a wrist watch or hioliday time piece. (At least thats the timer on Atlantic) Oh and it's on both facets.
  8. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

May 13, 2003
    Try leaving trammel and going to Fel. You can kill the restless souls there.
  9. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jan 30, 2003
    Awesome! Thanks for the tip!!!!!
  10. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Feb 26, 2004
    Excellent observation and thanks for sharing! :)

I brought a wrist watch to Cove, and the spawn came exactly at midnight! -UO time. :D

1 UO day = 2 Earth hours.
  11. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

#1 wishfull thinking on the cloaks
    #2 haven't noticed anything yet
    #3 seems like one hour atlantic, not sure where people are getting 2 hours.
    #4 yes, never had a issue killing them yet,die with arrows fairly fast. some people must be bugged?
    #5 refer to #1
  12. Anyone checked Del and Nu'jelm? Some of the notes I saw about this was that the 3 places were targeted on Origin ...
  13. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    I have been checking both places a couple times a day and nodda so far
  14. Del, Cove & Nu'jlem were on the notes. Origin also had it spawning in Serps hold.

On other shards I've only seen it in Cove so far.
  15. Staged perhaps? If Cove is contained to a certain extent the others don't go off?