1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discordance] A few Mastery questions

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by lancelot99, Oct 27, 2011.

1. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

Hi, i'm an old new player (returning vet) and last time i used discord was point-discord kill ...

Now, found there are masteries and unsure how to use ..

Im at 106.5 Discord so still training up :)

1. if you use a slayer weapon, the effects are 3x as effective?
    What about exeptional instruments? any bonus?

2. for hunting non magic creatures like swoop, better to use Despair? and Tribulation for Magic creatures? or Despair for all creatures?

2. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

Hail and well met fellow veterinarian,

it's always comforting to know that more care givers come back and help animals in need.

Train up to 120. You can use the masteries to go there to make it a bit easier.

No. Slayer weapons don't affect the bard masteries.
    No. The virtuoso armor can give you a bonus for the masteries.
    Try for yourself I found different results on different monster. But I think it is more about resistances. Take caution, there are some changes coming along with the newly anounced publish 73. In any case publish 73 does not sound like a nerf to the masteries so if you train Discordance now you won't lose in the long run.

3. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Slayer Instrumens provide the slayer bonus. Not slayer weapons.

(Although if you were running tribulation with a slayer instrument and hitting with a slayer you could be doing quite a bit of damage.)

4. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

Logrus, that's kind of cute how you point out the happy side about bard masteries and slayer weapons! :cheerleader:

5. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Its fun trivia, I do like that someone finally tried tribulation with navery and pillars :)

6. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

Thanks for the replies...

Yeah, im working on raising disc to 120 (tamer/bard) so usually Disc then use masteries on target ... :)

The virtuoso armour looks great, just need to build up my turn-in points to afford it...

Maybe hunt poison ellies for t-maps to turn in

7. Slickjack

Slickjack Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
    Stratics Veteran

How exactly do you do that?

I just got the disco mastery quest done, running around "despairing" etc different targets... no gains.

Any suggestions?

8. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

if your gonna train with the masteries its about the same gain speed as training using disco on critters...... which means its slow.

but if your gonna do it (cause it saves you getting a boat load of pets) then stone off skills so you can get med and focus on your guy.
    then get a 40 LMC suit with as much MR as you can get onto it.

then just cast the spells on yourself and then toggle them off.
    just keep doing that.
    over.... and over.... and over... in about 3 days you'll be 120.

9. After a couple raids in Shame I have accumulated a ton of mana regeneration and LMC items perfect for training Discordance with the mastery. The 9 mana regeneration staff alone is awesome even though I can't med through it! So consider that if you're just a bardling and don't have the means to get a bunch of expensive gear, like myself.