1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

A few questions from a returning player.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by damooster, Dec 1, 2008.

1. damooster

damooster Guest

Hello everyone,

I'm a returning player and I'm going to reactivate the account I started in 2000. I think the last time I played on it was in 2002. Anyways, I have some questions about it:

1. I need to upgrade to Mondain's Legacy. I understand that the upgrade comes with the previous expansions, so is this the only upgrade I'll need to bring the account current?

2. When I upgrade, will I get vet rewards or anything like that?

3. My understanding is that new characters must wait 15 days before placing a house. I don't want to wait that long (want to see the new housing changes), but I want to delete my current character that is on the account and start fresh. If I place a house with my old character and start my new character, will the house be transferred to the new character automatically when I delete the old one?

4. Do I need Spellweaving and Necromancy if I just want to make the scrolls with Inscription? I just want to make spell books and scrolls, I don't want to learn the skills unless I have to.

Thanks in advance.
  2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Aug 12, 2001

Moreeg Guest

1. Correct. Youll have all previous content.

2. You wont get a damn thing.

3. If you reactivate your account, youll have the total of the months you had when you left, so youll be past the 15 day already.

4. This I do not know... :)
  4. Doireann

Doireann Guest

4. You can't make spellweaving scrolls, sadly. You have to go and fight for them. You don't need to know necromancy to make the scrolls, but you do need a necromancer's book to "copy".
  5. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    3. The char has to be at least 15 days old, regardless of how old the account. You could place a house with the old char, then after your new char is 15 days old, delete the old char just to be on the safe side.
  6. damooster

damooster Guest

So if I do as you recommended, and I delete the old character after 15 days, ownership of the house will automatically transfer to my new character? Or will it go IDOC?

7. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

May 21, 2008
    You shoud be able to upgrade to ML @ uo.com. 9th aniversary editions may still be found at Game Stop or other stores but you might have to ask the clerk for it. you should be able to collect any vet rewards you character has earned.
    Yes, you have wait 15 days to place a house. all characters on an account are owners of the house so if you delete one of your characters your other characters still have access to it.

You do not have to have the Spellweaving and Necromancy skills to make the spells. You need gm inscription, gm magery and a full Spellweaving or Necromancy spellbooks to be able to inscribe the spells. after reading some of these other posts you will have to check on the spellweaving. I assmed it was like magery and Necromancy. sorry if I made a mistake.

and You are welcome.
  8. Tazar

Tazar Guest

The house will not go idoc as it is owned by the account... but the house sign will continue to say that it is owned by the old deleted character.
  9. Moreeg

Moreeg Guest

I reactivated my account (cancelled in 2003) and placed a house that day. I believe the charcter just needs to be 15 days old, and if the characted on the reactivated account was already 15 days old, he should be good to go. As far as a new character on the account, since every one of the chracters owns the house, he could just place it with an existing chracter so it isnt an issue (by my thinking).
  10. Moreeg

Moreeg Guest

I forgot to mention about this... there would be no vet rewards to claim, since the account isnt active. No paid time has elapsed (only unpaid) so no vet status is earned.

After reactivating my account, my account age is reflected as the time I played before I canceled and the the time Ive played since reactivating, obviously the interim isnt counted into the account age. So though I played in the very beginning and am back now, I am only seen as a five year veteran.
  11. laurlo

laurlo Guest

as everyone already answered - welcome back!
  12. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008

-Galen's player