1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A few questions I have that I wanted to ask in live stream....

Discussion in 'Shroud of the Avatar Discussion Hall' started by Dag Nabbit, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Dag Nabbit

Dag Nabbit Seasoned Veteran

...but my questions were 'scrolled off' by those that needed to hear the guy in the back say "mama mia". :eyes:

*What all skills will be available in SotA?

*What about races in SotA? Will we see Juka and Meer maybe?

*How interactive will the world be? I and others asked if there will be fishing and gardening,but didn't get an answer. "mama mia"

*How much customization will be available to us when it comes to housing and our avatars?

*PvP. How required/forced will this aspect of the game be? Will the 'end-game' content be a open pvp zone so if my miner needs some high end ore or item to make a good sword,I should be prepared to be killed/dry looted in attempts to play the current end content?

#1 Dag Nabbit, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  2. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think many of your questions will be answered when the game is near completion. RG is just giving a tatse of what is to come and many directions that the game may go is not finalized yet. When he has more of a direction he wants to go as many game company do anymore, then they will talk about their features of the game.

#2 Zosimus, Mar 9, 2013
  3. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I know the answer to the last one. Open PvP is off the table for now, the PvP aspects will all be tied into a Bounty system, where if you take quests from the bad guys a bounty may be put on you and flags you for PvP.

We talked about it during the Interview we had the other night.

#3 Nexus, Mar 9, 2013
  4. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I wonder if the PvP quests will warn you in the quest description before you say "yes" or "no".

Also in the interview yesterday, he mentioned that an NPC may ask about something which may be an important quest or completely forgot about... I wonder if or how this will be done in a way to minimize the spoiler effect of game sites (such as Stratics, Incgamers, Wikis, etc).

I wonder what LB/Portalarium's stance on RMT will be. He seems like he takes the concept in stride and doesn't knee-jerk against it the way some other people/companies have, but I haven't seen anything other than talking about sales of UO homes on ebay and selling housing in SOTA through Kickstarter.

5. Haddy G

Haddy G Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

He talked a bit about how he didn't want Elves or other races in UO. I wouldn't count on any races in this game except humans.

6. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

I've long been and am still of the opinion that if there ARE player races that they should be cosmetic in design only, no special powers, stats, or whatever. Maybe give them their own "lands", but there shouldn't be a reason to pick one race over another based on stats or abilities.

7. Ashlynn_L

Ashlynn_L Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If there were different races I'm not against stat or certain ability differences between them if they make obvious sense (I mean if you were playing an ogre or giant, you should be stronger). But mostly I am in favour of getting different ingame reactions from NPCs and such based on your race if appropriate.

But really I am fine with human-centric RPGs and in such a case there is no reason for stat differences and the like I think.

8. Dag Nabbit

Dag Nabbit Seasoned Veteran

If there will only be the human species,I hope he gives us a lot of options of what our avatars look like,and not the cookie-cutter paperdolls we have in UO.

9. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

Another I wonder...

I wonder if the NPCs in settlements, on the roads, in shops, etc will have schedules, places that they live, sleep, work, etc. or will they be the static "always-awake and in one spot" that has plagued RPGs. NPCs having schedules and "lives" made them seem much more alive in the Ultima series than they do in UO, WoW or whatever other RPG since where you have them in a small "wandering" area (UO), standing in one location forever (vendor NPCs in EVERYTHING), or have a select few following a scripted pathway endlessly (WoW, etc).

10. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There was a game my daughter played that the NPC would go to sleep and your character had to sleep and eat. I keep thinking Animal Crossing but I think it was another.

11. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

Some answers to my own questioons have been put out so far...

Answer here is "yes". You'll be warned about PvP enabled quests... and everyone else will be notified that you're on it!

Markee Dragon asked about this one and RG seems to be if not supportive then at the least not antagonistic about it. Probably going to have more of a UO approach of non-interference rather than D3's in-game RMAH approach.

Apparently this one is still being worked out.

12. BenK

BenK Visitor
    Alumni

Hi Dag Nabbit, I put some comments against each of your questions; hope it helps. Check out the "Gameplay" section over on the Stratics SotA site: http://sota.stratics.com/gameplay/

Dag Nabbit likes this.