1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Lock Picking] A few unrelated questions

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by sayler04, Nov 25, 2009.

1. sayler04

sayler04 Guest

First, my lckpicker is at 81.x skill, and out of curiosity I tried picking a paragon chest from miasma; I of course failed to pick the chest after severa attempts, but my skill gain tutor kept saying "too easy"; is this a bug, or is it really "too easy" to get gains off of? Incidentally, what is the minimum for opening a paragon chest?

Second, are there any wearables that increase lockpicking skill? The luna search sites don't even list it in their jewely drop down menus, so I assume jewels don't ever come with it, but is there anything else?

thnks!

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

A Miasma chest should be level 6 - or 100 skill required. Only thing I can figure is that the skill tutor is out of its mind, or telling you the difficulty for another skill.

And, nothing has a Lockpicking bonus - the skills that can come on jewelry are in a post on the Craftsman forums.

3. sayler04

sayler04 Guest

4. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

Paragon chests depend on their Map Fame. So if its a lvl1 map critter it will give a lvl2 chest etc, etc.

Weird thing is I have never figured out how Miasma gives chests and Swoop does not yet.