1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] A heads Up on New Stratics policy for all forums, regarding Trades/Sales

Discussion in 'UO Trader's Hall' started by Basara, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

2. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

gueese we need a new trade forum on a diff site ..........

3. Basara

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Why should you worry? I thought you were leaving...

4. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

Why would I be leaving ????

You think I'll stop playing because EA in there infinate stupidity bannes one of my accounts .. nahhhh

5. Kaj

Kaj Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Why such a personal attack?

His point (though might not be what you want to hear ;)) is clear. You could just have said something along the lines of 'Oh we feel it's better for Stratics and UO. We understand that it might be frustrating for some of you, but in the end we believe it's best!'. That would be a lot nicer :).

6. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

I thought so too , but did not want to point it out , but thx for doing so Kaj :)

sorry bout the name thingy....

7. Basara

Sorry, Kith - I had you confused with someone else. Lord knows there are a lot of the "I lost ONE account, now I'm gonna throw away 20 accounts, crawl away and hide" types over on u.hall, and trying to keep track of who was replying to who got downright impossible....

It truthfully would be better, though, if those who primarily did trade in cash set up somewhere else than Stratics. After all, not every game company has been as lenient as UO, and a number of places that deal with UO gold ALSO deal with stuff against the rules in other games, for those games.

If Stratics allowed continued RL money stuff for just UO, there would always be the chance that, say, some WoW dev might be checking on a friend over on the UO side, and see a link to some UO trading site that has a WoW (against the rules) sales section, and then get all over Stratics' keester for "allowing" the WoW stuff to be advertised.

Besides, most of the people selling rarer items and the like tend to have a grapevine of their own, and if they had their own little site somewhere, they could quietly invite others in as they grew to trust them, and there'd be less chance of "issues" - here, there's too many chances for someone untrustworthy to try to get in on a deal, just from the sheer size and more open format.

8. blust4

blust4 Guest

Wow. The universal "I thought you are somebody else" defense.

Yes. It is OK to be rude to somebody else. And look! I am Moderator! This is why I hardly read Stratics any more after 1999. This used to be a good place.

9. Basara

No, on this board, I am just another poster.

And, yes, as shocking as it may seem to your god-like omnipresence, people occasionally DO get conversations mixed up (especially in the flood of "I'm leaving in protest" threads that flooded U.Hall). And there's no rule against being rude (as such - you are asked to be nice to your fellow board members). You seem to confuse rudeness with attacks.

I have a question for you, blust4... If you dislike Stratics so much, why are you here? All I've seen from posts of your I've read have been the actions of someone roleplaying a member of Repond family that comes in normal and Frost varieties.....

10. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

This is going nowhere fast.

The policy is in effect, end of story.

This isn't about who stays or goes from these forums, who did or didn't get an account banned, or ANYTHING else.

Don't start this junk up again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.