1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A house fell in Homare-Jima the other night.

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Monkey, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Monkey

Monkey Guest

And it was mine, together with a friend.

Was it intended to fall down? No. The house itself held several years of roleplay- and sentimental memories. Upon noticing the building entered the decay state, I took it upon myself to reactivate it again after my friend couldn't afford to at this present moment. From history, we gathered that reactivating and logging in would be sufficient to revert the decay procedure.

I guess not. It fell down without us being aware of it and now we're left with empty space there, collections of books and in-game written diaries being left to decay on the floor while people most likely had fun scooping up all the potted plants and other valuables. A house I've spent hours upon hours decorating; paying attention to every detail.

All gone now.

In short; what is this nonsense about houses no longer refreshing properly? Stop adding giant turkeys to the game and focus on the little things instead that make this game a coherent, smoothly-running experience.

2. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It takes a cycle of the housing server for the system to recognise your account as reactivated, which can take up to 24 hours - and even then you have to open the house sign to refresh the house's status. I'm just sorry I wasn't there to rescue the books :(

3. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

7 years of role-play?
    Now that is strange since UO:SE has only just turned 5 years old :mf_prop:

4. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

But, the stuff it held didn't have to be as old as the house/SE

5. Monkey

Monkey Guest

It says several, not seven. And besides that, the age of UO:SE is completely irrelevant as RP existed before then.

6. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

It matters since UO:SE is only 5 years old and Homare-Jima only exsisted since it's launch, hense your house cannot be several years old. :thumbup:

7. Monkey

Monkey Guest

Because in your world, several is automatically more than five years? I think you're still mixing up SEVERAL with SEVEN. Two different words, my dear misguided friend.

8. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran

He's got you there Flik :p

9. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

Lol, all these years i've been using that word incorrectly.rolleyes:
    I hold my hands up to that one.

owned. :stretcher: