1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A keep in Malas??

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Frodo Baggins, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Frodo Baggins

Frodo Baggins Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was wandering around last night and ran into a keep in Malas. I thought you could not place a keep or castle in Malas
    Did they change something?

2. GreywolfUK

GreywolfUK Sage

Not sure, I know you still cant place keeps or castle in Malas, as I would love to change my 18x18 into a keep or castle I know there is room where my house is. I do remember, some being placed and used in a competition on the launch of AoS, so might be them.

3. syndael

syndael Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

As far as I know we only have one Castle on LS in Malas, That was a EM event. Mayebe with how buggy the house system was you could place it?? just a though or who knows maybe you can now. you can always try yourself in a open area.

4. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Considering so many shards are “dead”... why would this be restricted? On Atlantic, I have to admit... I don’t see or remember seeing any keeps or castles in the Malas lands. Some areas in Tram seam to be neighborhoods OF castles. On other shards, it's like if you want a castle, you can place a castle on your own. No need to pay out the nose like on Atlantic. Frankly, I’ll stick to custom houses. :)

5. Frodo Baggins

Frodo Baggins Journeyman

Pacific - go out the west gates - stay to the north and go out to the "restricted" area - there she is!
    Two 18 x 18 dropped around my house and I know there is room for a castle but can't place - oh well

6. LunaCityVendors

LunaCityVendors Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

2 castles on Lake Austin in Malas as well given away as a contest to 5 lucky accounts however 3 never logged in to claim them..

7. Ruppy2

Ruppy2 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'd been reading posts over the past few weeks, regarding account screw ups and things....

One person explained that EA accidently gave his account away to someone else, so in return they gave him either a keep or a castle in Malas. Not sure if it was a keep or castle, but he definitely said it was in Malas.

8. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor

Every shard could have had 5 castles in Malas, placed by winning a lottery basically.

Every shard had 5 accounts chosen randomly from the total active accounts at the time. If you received the email and responded you were awarded a castle out near the Grimswind Ruins. Not all of them were ever claimed or awarded.

The Castle on Pacific west of Luna is the one that was given out to the player who lost their accounts. It's currently owned by Messana.

Players have never been able to place keeps or castles in Malas.