1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

    In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

    Dismiss Notice

A King is Revealed.

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Sam the Scribe, Oct 20, 2008.

  1. Sam the Scribe

    Sam the Scribe Visitor

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2007
    Messages:
    699
    Likes Received:
    0
  2. JC the Builder

    JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

    Joined:
    May 12, 2008
    Messages:
    3,154
    Likes Received:
    708
    So you are our new moderator?
     
  3. Lady Aalia

    Lady Aalia Atlantic's Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

    Joined:
    May 13, 2003
    Messages:
    816
    Likes Received:
    2
    Aalia strolls through Heartwood, she loves listening to the excited voices trying to advertise their wares.
    On the other branch of the Magic Tree Elves are calling out for the job seeking folks.
    She takes a seat on the soft carpets of the tailor shop, where two girls seems to be more involved in chatting then actually sewing. Aalia can’t help catching bits and pieces of the conversation.
    One of the girls leans over to her friend and starts whispering in her ear, the girl’s friend glances at Aalia and nods. Feeling uncomfortable Aalia gets up and leaves.
    She walks over the bowyer’s podium and takes a seat. A little elf walks up to her asking her to move aside. After the steps are clear the woman leads out 3 packhorses, they are straining under the heavy load.
    Another elf comes running out behind the curtain, yelling at the lady.
    “Are you sure you wrapped the tools well? I don’t need all of them broke when we arrive at our temporary shop! Oh, and Cillitha make sure you get all your belongings out of there! Once you are gone with the horses I am boarding the windows and locking the doors.
    I will be damned if that evil Firmus destroys any of my property again!”

    Aalia swallows hard, Firmus ….. He seems to back in town….” I really need to see that he is disposed off once and for all. She walks of.
     
  4. Sam the Scribe

    Sam the Scribe Visitor

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2007
    Messages:
    699
    Likes Received:
    0
  5. BbqLou

    BbqLou Visitor

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2008
    Messages:
    207
    Likes Received:
    0
    Did you actually type all of that?
     
  6. Sam the Scribe

    Sam the Scribe Visitor

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2007
    Messages:
    699
    Likes Received:
    0
  7. Cear Dallben Dragon

    Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2005
    Messages:
    2,005
    Likes Received:
    17
  8. Lady_Rachel

    Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2004
    Messages:
    957
    Likes Received:
    133
    He stood magnificently atop the rocky outcrop. Hooves grating against the shale. His massive chest swelled as he thrust his shoulders back, the muscles in his wings taut in readiness for flight. With a snort he descended and stood before the body of a man. Face twisted he raised a hoof and ground it into the still flesh.

    This was no honorable fight between two foe! No looting from a pack, no kicking a few leaves over the body, then moving on to the next challenger. This was personal between these two.

    She could feel Flick quiver slightly. Tense, ready to battle. If she could distract it long enough the man could yet be saved.
    She burst through the trees, her steed tossing it's head, mane flying, nostrils flared.

    The beast turned to the noise. It's rage had not been abated by the death of this man. It flowed through his veins like a molten fever. Swirls of energy danced about it nibbling at his heels as she cast upon him. A bolt opened a wound in his shoulder. Tossing back his golden head he roared and with a beserker's fury he was upon her.

    ********************************************************

    " Shh...M'lady you will be good as new in a moment now.."
    She could feel Aimee's nimble fingers knitting the threads of her life together again.

    " He was a fiend to be sure. Best the valley is rid of that one. In all the battles fought in this valley we have never seen the likes of it. He would have ground that man's body to dust if he could. "

    Setting some gold inside the wagon she gave Aimee a quick hug, mounted Flick and rode back to to grab her pack.

    The beast lay still in the grass. Her energy vortex still casting about for danger as she approached.

    The man was there now. Whole again. Cloaked as he was she could not tell if he sustained any damage from the hooves of the beast after he had fallen.

    " You sacrificed yourself for me! " He exclaimed.

    " He did seem intent on turning you into small bits sir. Any idea why? " She answered grabbing her pack from the ground.






    [​IMG]





    " I am Finnegan M'lady..." He grinned.

    " It is nice to meet you sir. " He had dodged her question.
    " I am Rachel. "

    And there it was...fleeting across his face for the briefest of moments. Accustom to meeting new people she was attune to the slightest change in the way they reacted to others. He had become markedly guarded. Just at the mention of her name. They had met before then...ah well. Who was he then that could rouse such a fury from the Daemons.

    " I am returning to the gate M'lady. Are you going in that direction? "

    Nodding she followed him through the woods and passes. He was quick. Harpies dropping from the trees didn't stand a chance. He laid waste to a group of brigands that jumped them as they came through the pass. She didn't even have a chance to raise her hand to cast. He was deadly with a bow.

    Elven she could tell when able to catch a glimpse past his cloaks. But he would not meet her eyes. Secrets to keep then...

    As they stood at the gate he bid her farewell.

    " Well met...Finnegan." she smiled at him.

    His eyes met hers for just a moment.
    Then he was gone.

    In the full sun she felt cold.

    Firmus!

    But how could that be? Attempting to enlist the Daemons again? Obviously their answer was no. If not them then who would assist him? No time to dwell on that now. She must warn the others that he was loose again upon Sosaria.



    [​IMG]
     
  9. Sam the Scribe

    Sam the Scribe Visitor

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2007
    Messages:
    699
    Likes Received:
    0
  10. Sam the Scribe

    Sam the Scribe Visitor

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2007
    Messages:
    699
    Likes Received:
    0
  11. Sam the Scribe

    Sam the Scribe Visitor

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2007
    Messages:
    699
    Likes Received:
    0
  12. Lady Aalia

    Lady Aalia Atlantic's Finest
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

    Joined:
    May 13, 2003
    Messages:
    816
    Likes Received:
    2
    Aalia is buzzing around her office as usual. She and Andrasta have been busy with updating runes and the discussion rounds at the Stratics plaza have been keeping her busy too.
    She is bundling more runes to be ready in the morning, not realizing how late it has gotten.

    Schneeball has been fast asleep on his mat for quite some time, snoring quietly.
    Aalia walks out to the balcony, She watches the men walking to the sheep pen, they are here to help settle the flock in for the night and to accompany their women home. Feeling a bit lonely she pulls the curtains close and walks back inside.
    Andrasta will be up early again, so it’s time to settle for the night. She thinks to herself.

    She wakes her pup and together they disappear into a blue swirling mist leading them to Zento.

    Back in Yew the Library is now empty. A chilly fall breeze pushing through the Halls, moving the curtains and flickering torches.
    No one is there to notice the dark shadow that is sneaking up the stairs leading to the office. He reaches the teleporter and the magic tile propels him to the next floor.

    He gazes around the Room, tables and shelves lining the walls… he starts to flick through the books tossing them aside as he seems to be searching for something specific.
    Disappointed that the bookshelves only hold books and letters by people long gone, he aims for the heavy steel doors. He recited a dark spell and the two doors swing open as if made of mere wood.

    [​IMG]

    He steps into the small chamber, hiding a smirk under his green hood. “So this is it! “He cackles.
    Bony fingers glide over the polished metal chests, sliding under the lids and opening one chest after another.
    After many hours the shady figure escapes out of the building, a satisfied grin on his face.

    In Zento Aalia sits up dazed in her bed. She cradles her head in her hands trying to dismiss the remains of the nightmare that still has her body trembling.
     
  13. Lady_Rachel

    Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2004
    Messages:
    957
    Likes Received:
    133
    " But you can't just go off without an escort! I am sure he is just fine. "

    " Now Sterling no arguments. Something isn't right. " Rachel tucked some food in a pack.

    " Of course it isn't right! Firmus is loose again! Look...at least let me escort you as far as the entrance? You're sure it is safe once you are in there? "

    " Yes, yes...quite safe..nothing can get to where I am going unless allowed to. "


    " I'm sorry to drag you off..But I have to check. I just have this feeling. Something awful has happened and it is linked directly with Raven. I can not sit idly by when I know where I can get answers. I won't be long. Promise. "

    She hugged Sterling quickly and whispered...' Trinsic gate ' ..and was gone.

    Off balance she bumped the table sending a tiny tea cup tumbling to shattered on the floor. Muttering about dainty crockery she journeyed quickly to Trinsic.



    Leaving a disgruntled Sterling to stand guard Rachel spoke the password allowing her access to the dark maze. Once inside she made her way across the pitch black floor. If one did not know the way through the maze they could wander for days going in circles. Small rooms with braziers were scattered along the way. She stopped at one, warmed her hands for a moment, then reached down and pressed a hidden switch twice. Instantly she was in a large marble room.


    [​IMG]


    She bowed low to the Wisp and spoke a greeting to it in it's own language. It's pulsing glow reached out engulfing her momentarily. It answered a return greeting and asked her what business had brought her this far. What one wisp knew they all knew. As the Eldest of all this wisp was by far the wisest in Sosaria. Cloistered away it controlled the vastest knowledge of all time. It looked down upon humans as children just learning to crawl. Occasionally they would look favorably on a human and indulge them as a parent might with a precocious toddler. Rachel counted herself one of these lucky ones.

    " Is Lord Raven in danger? "

    All was quiet for a moment.

    " I will trade information. " It answered.

    Bowing her head she told of her meeting with Firmus in Daemon Valley, and her fears of what might be forthcoming now that he was once more loosed upon the lands.

    " The Mage Council is dead. " It answered...

    She stood stunned. Staring into the void beyond the Wisp her heart felt like a stone.

    " Strong...strong...", it cautioned. " Raven was not among them."

    " Where is he? " Her eyes snapped back to the Wisp.

    "Unknown. He was not among the dead. Location...unknown at this time. Last seen...Minoc. His home. We came upon the Council after the deed was done. Unknown who performed the slaughter. Raven was not there. "

    " I need..", she took a deep breath to steady herself.
    " I need to know that he is safe. "

    A bright blue pulse filled the marble room momentarily.

    " Information is given. We will advise you when located. "

    Bowing in respect she left the wisp and returned to Sterling.

    " Well? What did you find out? " Her eyes remained fixed on the shadows by the entrance.

    Smaller wisps flickered about tinkling greetings.

    " He is...somewhere. Where is not known right now. But he is in danger Sterling. I just hope he knows that. So many powerful....how could they all be dead? Why didn't he take a guard? He left me with one? Would have been better if you had guarded him!" Her voice cracked with the last words.

    " Here now. Not in front of these wispies. Too bad we can't go to the Valley right now..Work off some steam. I know just the thing! Let's go back and finish breaking that tea set? Bet that pot would make a good crash against the wall. "


    The parrot squawked at the sound of shattering crockery.

    " And to think I put her up to it. Hope no one finds out it was my idea. You know when she is done killing all the breakables in the house she is going to go after Firmus don't ya? "

    Sterling finished securing the message to his leg that Rachel had quickly scribed upon their return.

    " Quick now...to Thorn."

    She launched the parrot as the porch shook.

    " I hope that wasn't the good vase!"


     
  14. Sam the Scribe

    Sam the Scribe Visitor

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2007
    Messages:
    699
    Likes Received:
    0
  15. Sam the Scribe

    Sam the Scribe Visitor

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2007
    Messages:
    699
    Likes Received:
    0
  16. Sam the Scribe

    Sam the Scribe Visitor

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2007
    Messages:
    699
    Likes Received:
    0