1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A KR Show of Good Faith...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by JoyousGard, Apr 12, 2008.

1. JoyousGard

JoyousGard Guest

How about releasing images or a list of the various colors of pets in KR. I am pretty certain that all dragons are red in KR, but hiryus, lesser hiryus, cu sidhes, and some others have a variety of colorations...

Are the spawn rates the same? And what does a light green lesser hiryu look like in KR when compared to a green lesser hiryu?

2. simonovsk

simonovsk Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

Are the spawn rates the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how any spawn rate could be tied to the client you use.

3. JoyousGard

JoyousGard Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Are the spawn rates the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how any spawn rate could be tied to the client you use.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you're but like in the case of the dragons, there is no spawn of brown. Maybe there are similar things in the other pets.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

The spawn rate is no different, however how the clients handle colored creatures may be different. The question then becomes what's the degree of difference in the 2d Hues call routine and the KR Hues call routine.

Unfortunately, I don't have that answer.

5. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

Not only are all dragons red, but all drakes are red dragons too! STILL, after a YEAR! *mumbles*

6. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Arrrr, and greater dragons be red dragons, too??

7. Guest

Guest Guest

8. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]
    Blaze cu

[​IMG]
    Pink Cu

[​IMG]
    Ice Blue Cu

[​IMG]
    Ice White Cu

[​IMG]
    Hero Blue Cu

[​IMG]
    Reptalon

[​IMG]
    Unicorn

[​IMG]
    Pure Black Longmane Mare and Shortmane Blue Mare

[​IMG]
    Grey Hiryu

[​IMG]
    Strong or Poison Green Hiryu

[​IMG]
    Giant Ice Worm

Will try to add a dragon, rune beetle and bake kitsune when I've a moment to snap some screenies.

To answer your question, spawn rates do not differ according to which client you're using. What ya get in 2d/Legacy is what ya get in KR, too - it just might look a bit different. Or flap incessantly...

Edit/add:-

[​IMG]

9. Kayne

Kayne Guest

Thank for those Nico.

The KR Bake Kitsune looks like a KR Cu Sidhe with its tail down.
    The KR rune beetle apart from being very white looking is actually ok
    The two KR mares are identical
    The Small Ice Worm (woops did i name it wrong [​IMG]) needs no further comment.

10. brown dragons actually have a slightly different body style then the red ones, believe its slightly smaller or vicer versa

kind of annoying but once u get used to it, you can see the difference before you kill and skin them to see their scales :)

11. JoyousGard

JoyousGard Guest

Thanks a lot for posting those. Did you notice the KR Cu colors change at some point? It's hard to remember now. I went and took one of my regular blue Cu and a scorpion, but I overwrote that printscreen I will head back out and do that now.

The 2D Bake looks like the owner is feeding it drugs.

EDIT:Scorpion and Blue Cu Sidhe

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't recall any significant changes to the cu colours, but then I have had a significant knock to the head in the last seven months, too. Any subtle hue change may well have been lost on me for awhile.

I do, however, remember when the bake kitsunes looked distinctly like potbellied pigs. I like them a LOT better in KR since they've been prettied up, but I do wish their multi-tails were much more prominent.

More than anything, I wish I were better able to ensure I am actually vetting my OWN critters while in the KR client. Vetting monsters in Felucca can certainly be hazardous to one's health... [​IMG]

13. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not to put too fine a point on it, but out of curiosity, when going through and redoing the graphics for the KR client, why in the world didn't they make the graphics hue-friendly?

I mean, even some objects in the 2D client only re-hue certain parts. Some of those hued creatuers are hideous.

:/

I don't mean to gripe, but I hadn't seen images like this before, and it's rather disappointing.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Few could mistake me for a KR pom-pom wielder, RaDian, and it's no secret that what I know about design &amp; graphic art would fit comfortably on the head of a pin with plenty of room to spare.

There's little doubt the hueing of some critters needs some TLC. Frankly, I'm not too fussed about that kind of thing since with the improvements already made, it's clear they can and do address those cosmetic issues.

I'm going to try hard to find an older pic of the KR bake kitsune so you can compare/contrast what we had with what we now have in terms of improvement with just one single wee critter.

I was only in on the very last phase of beta - even so I've seen a marked improvement since then.

I love the 2d graphics. I think they are beautiful. And yet...Maybe it really is us old farts who need to open our minds just a little to the possibility that good stuff might yet come from KR.

'Course, that's just my 2g worth...

15. The old KR kits was just the dire wolf art. They basically hadn't completed the art for kits yet in KR, so they had dire wolf art in as a placeholder. They didn't even look like kits...

If you want a screenshot or an idea what they looked like, go find a dire wolf.

16. Chameleon

Chameleon Guest

I still love the rune beetle and bake kitsune in 2D graphic.

Black Rune Beetle looks more evil and given its special ability, black is a more suitable colour for it than white (which looks like it has been bleach).

A favorite of mine, Bake Kitsune in 2D look more mystical, especially with its glowing eyes.
    In 3D, it looks very common like a cu, no personal character.