1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A librarian's request

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Risso, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Would it be possible in some future Publish to make it so you can create copies of locked down books? Thanks.

2. WildStar

WildStar UO Baja News Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Campaign Benefactor BRPA

Yes please! :thumbsup:

3. Tamais

Tamais Lake Austin Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron Editor

Yes :) I've found down locked books with guild histories,(from inactive guilds) and player written stories . These are lost for ever when the houses drop :(. I can't copy them since they are locked down.

#3 Tamais, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  4. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I would like to add my vote to this as being desirable too; someone asked this weekend for copies of my library, but I have hundreds of books and would need to unlock them, copy, relock them and reset the security individually for every single book...

Jade of Sonoma likes this.
  5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

How about they fix books first. At least in the EC.

Also Pinco UI has a "book recorder". It will dump the contents to a text file, but then bit of a mission to put back into a game book I suppose.

Being able to copy locked down runebooks would also be fantastic.

MalagAste likes this.
  6. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

the 2D client has a macro you can assign to a key called "Paste" - I'll give you 1 guess what it does

7. BrianFreud

BrianFreud Lead Wiki Mod & Doer of Crazy Things
    Professional Wiki Editor Wiki Moderator Campaign Supporter

Add me to this list as screaming "YES PLEASE!!!!" :D

While we're on the subject of librarian things... The various bookcase containers could really use an improved gump. They're some of the largest containers in game, yet they have one of the smallest gumps. They show 3 shelves, and many books across. Something the size of the secret box's gump, turned sideways, maybe with lines to indicate shelves... that would make them far more friendly to use to display books.

Brian

#7 BrianFreud, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    Tamais likes this.
  8. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Copy locked down books? Yes Please.

Copy locked down runebooks? No. Rune libraries put way too much work into them to have all of their work taken and used elsewhere (I've seen one case where a rune library was meticulously copied and then setup as a competitor location in Luna where the homeowner actually was charging for access).

Tamais, Luvmylace and Jade of Sonoma like this.
  9. Luvmylace

Luvmylace Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I am not pleased with that prospect since I have invested much with Luna and Abyss libraries on Catskills. I would ask that that be restricted to read only books ,not player rune books. The library is the owner player's chance to serve the community ,but it is a huge undertaking and should not be free pickings. Rune books should only be copied by the owner. The library is free to use and I sell limited numbers of copied books . Recall and mark your own!

#9 Luvmylace, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
    Tamais likes this.
  10. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I like this idea for written books. Do not like the idea of copying runebooks that are locked down.

Perhaps we can add a permission/security in pull down menu on locked down books and runebooks that allows them to be copied or not. Then it is owner choice.

Andrasta likes this.
  11. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I suppose a second request would be to automatically set the security settings of each book placed in a container, rather than having to go through and change each one which can be very time consuming with a large collection.

WildStar and MalagAste like this.
  12. WildStar

WildStar UO Baja News Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Campaign Benefactor BRPA

This one deserves a double "Yes Please!"