1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A little character advice needed

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Ravahan, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Ravahan

Ravahan Guest

So the other day I logged onto my SP character for the first time in.... Well, I'd say three years or so. Maybe four? Anyway, I was looking at the template I'd chosen (the character was never finished) and decided it just won't do. I'm thinking I'll just scrap her and start over as the best she has is mid-70's mace fighting.

While I do understand the importance of gate travel on this shard, I kind of like the idea of having to run everywhere. I have a pretty decent knowledge of the geography of Sosaria (my UOAM hasn't worked since I returned to UO in Jan and it hasn't slowed me that much) so I don't mind as much as some would. So... My questions are;

1. Are there too many thieves already?
    2. How important is resisting spells for a melee?
    3. Would I get much use out of tracking on this shard?
    4. How active are factions?
    5. How fond are people of disarm these days, and on this shard in specific due to the small number of characters you can have?
    6. How hard is wrestling to train up with RoT?
    7. What would be the best way to transfer my crap from one char to the other since I have houses on both accounts on Atlantic?

Right now I'm not looking to switch to SP, but rather go half and half with Atlantic. I've got a lot of characters there that I'm really attatched to, and its where my newbie memories are... plus, I'm comfortable money-wise. Either way, I don't have that many ties on Atlantic these days and I'm one to just let events play out as they will and see where it goes.

2. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

-Some would say too many, others would say not enough, if that's what you think would be fun to play, do so.

-Depends on who you talk to, you can use pop boxes to break para, necro spells are countered by apples and bandies if your in factions

-Yes, lot of hider/stealthers. Also helps with Deathstrike Damage & Ninjitsu

-Vast majority of those that PvP are in factions. So, taken that the shard pop is low, as active as it can be.

5. How fond are people of disarm these days, and on this shard in specific due to the small number of characters you can have?
    -*shrugs* Don't know this one offhand. Are you asking if Disarm would be used against you a lot? Or if you can use it.

-Not hard at all, just time consuming, and they recently lowered RoT rates, so it's faster now, about 10 days to 120.

7. What would be the best way to transfer my crap from one char to the other since I have houses on both accounts on Atlantic?
    -I would talk to Shalimar & see if NEW can hook you up with a secure crate to transfer your stuff.

Welcome back and good luck.

3. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Too many thieves?

NEVER!!! That being said, the key is, are there enough marks? Things have been thin as of late, with the majority of the the player base either PvP or crafters, there seem to be fewer people carrying loot around in their packs these days...and why I have switched into factions. I have the skills for disarm, but usually have them on soulstones since very few people actually carry items that aren't Siege blessed around in their hands. I hope some day they will unbless these spell books so I can go back to stealing those...but until that happens, sigil theft has been fun.

It's up to you, but if you have some skills up to RoT, I'd probably work those into a dexxer template that you can PvP and PvM with...la

4. Goron

Goron Guest

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Rav... catch me this evening or anytime tomorrow and I can friend you to a safe house just steps away from Umbra. If your skills are not finished, NEW is an excellent suggestion.

The safe house offer is good foe any new folk to Siege. Just bank the important stuff, any thing left in the house should be considered community property.

6. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Yes because the thief to non-thief ratio in Luna bank is too high. Everytime I am at Luna bank there are usually 2-3 thieves roaming around and maybe 2 non-thieves just doing their banking stuff. Makes it hard to earn a living as a thief when there are always thieves around.
    Not too important - slightly more important if you wield a 2 handed weapon and can't drink potions or don't have ninja and can't smoke bomb out of a bad situation or very low mana regen so a mana vamp completely renders you useless.
    Tracking + detect is a bane for many characters on Siege. Since there is no passive reveal here, LOTS of people run hide/stealth/ninja. Not too many people run tracking+detect to deal with it so it would be a very welcome addition to any group.
    Very - if you pvp you are in factions.
    For a mage fighting a melee in trouble it's a godsend. For anyone else, it's ok - it's a tool to use in your arsenal but it's not the flavor of the month special move.
    Not too difficult.
    Punch fighters in Jhelom pits for a couple hours until ROT then hit healers or ronins.
    OR Punch skeletons for an hour or two in yew graveyard (till about 60), then work on Lizardmen for another hour till you hit ROT, then hit healers (till 95ish) or Ronins (to 120).
    Find a nice old man ^^ to help you out.

7. Ravahan

Ravahan Guest

Wow, thanks for all the info. I had a few ideas floating around... Here's what I'm tentatively thinking;
    720 skill cap

120 macefighting
    90 tactics
    120 wrestle
    90 healing
    90 anatomy

Should I stick the other 210 in detect/tracking (and the leftover in tactics) or parry/resist? Or perhaps 120 parry/ chiv?

The wrestling is there for those guys who love to spam disarm (it bugs me). They think they've got a panic tactic, but I'll get em' back!

8. Bruin

Bruin Guest

What's your purpose? Seems like you want to pvp and if so you won't get too far with that template.

Detect and tracking are nice, but they'll gimp you too much.

Pick up bushido/parry or bushido/med. You really need some form of mana regeneration. You really want to put 120 in wrestle just to disarm?

9. Ravahan

Ravahan Guest

Well, I figure PvP is going to happen. I'll be doing a lot of PvM though, so chiv might be welcome.

Yeah, I did forget that I couldn't depend on gear of mana regen... hmm...

I may get rid of or soulstone off wrestle in the future, but it sounds fun for now. Sort of a drunken idea I still liked after the hangover was gone, so I figure run with it. Its there more for something to do if I get disarmed rather than being there TO disarm. extra evade chance and with 90 tactics I can still do the special moves.

So with GM med that's 110 points left. I'm thinking parrying...

So;
    120 mace fighting
    120 wrestle
    90 healing
    90 anat
    90 tactics
    100 med
    110 parry

Seems like it'd do fine in PvM, and I don't think it'll be a problem PvP either with pots. I know it seems silly, but for the moment I'm commited to the wrestling thing. Any thoughts?