1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A little help with my swordsman, please

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Aherm10, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Aherm10

Aherm10 Guest

Greatings all!
    I have a swordsman with the following skills:
    Anatomy 100
    Chivalry 58,5 (mainly for sacred journeys)
    Healing 90
    Parrying 90
    Res. spells 100
    Swordman 110
    Tactics 110
    Tailoring 0,1 (just to get BODs for my tailor-charachter)
    Skillpoints left: 1,4

Stats:
    Strength: 103
    Dexterity: 102
    Intel: 25

What I would like to get some advice on is:
    How good is this template?
    What should I do to improve it? For instance: is 90 healing necessary?

2. Aherm10

Aherm10 Guest

Greatings all!
    I have a swordsman with the following skills:
    Anatomy 100
    Chivalry 58,5 (mainly for sacred journeys)
    Healing 90
    Parrying 90
    Res. spells 100
    Swordman 110
    Tactics 110
    Tailoring 0,1 (just to get BODs for my tailor-charachter)
    Skillpoints left: 1,4

Stats:
    Strength: 103
    Dexterity: 102
    Intel: 25

What I would like to get some advice on is:
    How good is this template?
    What should I do to improve it? For instance: is 90 healing necessary?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm adding your skills up and I get only 658.6. So you have 41.4 left assuming you're at 700 skill cap.
    Healing is useful indeed. Plus you can rez others.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm adding your skills up and I get only 658.6. So you have 41.4 left assuming you're at 700 skill cap.
    Healing is useful indeed. Plus you can rez others.

5. jaashua

jaashua Guest

Well, that's pretty much my template too. All depends on your tactics and gear as to how well you can do, but, so far, I'm having more fun than when I used to play an archer or mage as there is no cheap way out. No getting the mob stuck behind a rock and plunking at it safely. So pets or EVs to do all the work.

It's still pretty recent since I returned, but I plan to go to Destard soon and melee down some dragons.

6. jaashua

jaashua Guest

Well, that's pretty much my template too. All depends on your tactics and gear as to how well you can do, but, so far, I'm having more fun than when I used to play an archer or mage as there is no cheap way out. No getting the mob stuck behind a rock and plunking at it safely. So pets or EVs to do all the work.

It's still pretty recent since I returned, but I plan to go to Destard soon and melee down some dragons.

7. Aherm10

Aherm10 Guest

You were right, Hildebrand.
    Turns out I have been at a Ninjitsu-NPC and bought skill-points for ninjitsu. Because I did'nt have mondain's legacy the actual skill didn't show on my skill-list.
    I probably bought the skill-points a couple of months ago when I was a young player and didn't know what I was doing.
    So now that we know that I am an idiot, I have found out that what I am aiming for is raising my skills to this:
    Swords 115
    Tactics 110
    Healing 100
    Parrying 100
    Resisting spells 100
    Anatomy 100
    Chivalry 60

That should leave me with 15 skillpoints. Any more advice? That doesn't need a 120-scroll that costs 5 million...

8. Aherm10

Aherm10 Guest

You were right, Hildebrand.
    Turns out I have been at a Ninjitsu-NPC and bought skill-points for ninjitsu. Because I did'nt have mondain's legacy the actual skill didn't show on my skill-list.
    I probably bought the skill-points a couple of months ago when I was a young player and didn't know what I was doing.
    So now that we know that I am an idiot, I have found out that what I am aiming for is raising my skills to this:
    Swords 115
    Tactics 110
    Healing 100
    Parrying 100
    Resisting spells 100
    Anatomy 100
    Chivalry 60

That should leave me with 15 skillpoints. Any more advice? That doesn't need a 120-scroll that costs 5 million...

9. I would increase chivalry (65+ is no fail on Sacred Journey), parrying or resist (for better defence [​IMG])

10. Aherm10

Aherm10 Guest

Thanks for your help guys! Guess I'll be aming at improving my defense. The 120 swords scrolls are way to expensive for me...

11. jaashua

jaashua Guest

115 swords scrolls go for anywhere between 100k and 200k. That should be good enough.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Perhaps look into a stat scroll too, when you can. Look to bump up the dexterity a little or your Int (if you find you need more).
    Then look for weapons... but that's another topic.