1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] A macro approach I wanted to share.

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Fink, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Fink

Fink Guest

I have a series of vetting macros in a hotbar, no keybindings on them. Each one bandages a particular pet as a stored target. I have two vacant slots in the hotbar next to these tiles, with the keybindings F5 and F6.

Whenever I pull pets from the stables for hunting, I drop the corresponding macro tiles into the vacant slots. In this way I've assigned vetting pets to those two keys without mucking about with clearing & resetting keybindings.

I know this approach won't be news to some of you but as soon as it occurred to me it seemed like such an epiphany, I had to share it.

I have named all the macros "Vet - PetName" and so forth to tell them apart as I only have the standard icon set at the moment. What I do is use tiles that look like the pet.. Animal Form for dragon & wyrm, Talon Strike for raptors, Vet for cu sidhe (dog + heal symbol), Poison for rune beetle, etc.

I should look into getting custom icons, though..
  2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Oct 21, 2008
  3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    I use basically the same thing only i have greater heal tied to my macros for each pet and bandages and keep them in the bar below my main bar
  4. zoop

zoop Guest

Good ideas, thanks both.

Im finding the ECs cabilities to handle macros far exceeding UOA and especially UOA's stability and robustness so far. Let's hope they working to polish this more. (It wasn't that hard to be better than UOA, although for UO itself it is a big step)