1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] "A Magic Katana"

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by CowFace, Jan 1, 2009.

1. CowFace

CowFace Guest

I have recently come back to UO after a 4 year "Hiatus" and came across an interesting item in my bank box.

It is "A Magic Katana" with *Demon* Slayer. I will attach a picture with this post. Also, this item is on the Chesapeake server.

Just wondering what you guys think of this item. From what I can gather there are no more items with the "Magic" tag. One idea given to me was that it was not identified prior to the AOS launch, which is why it kept its name. Does anyone know what it may be? Have you seen any others like it?

For now I suppose it will just be bank candy until I can find out more about its potential value.

Attached Files:

2. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

I would guess you could sell it for a few hundred thousand. They seem to be about the same price as double exceptional items. They make great little decoration pieces for your house though. I have "A Magic Warfork" on display at my house, it is also a demon slayer.

Stayin Alive,

BG

3. Wetherlocke

Wetherlocke Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I just came across one myself on an old character who hasn't seen much action over the past few years. Magic katana with orc slaying. Very nice deco piece for my guardhouse's anti-orc display. :)

4. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Far as I know if someone uses the item id skill or an id wand/staff it reverts to just a normal item title.

5. CowFace

CowFace Guest

Aye, so I have heard.

I also just found a dagger on my Siege char with "use charges"

Didnt think daggers were supposed to have a certain number of uses.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

That's because it's Siege. Any weapon used as a tool, for skinning cows for eg, will get 'uses' and eventually break if you continue to use it for that purpose. Many a new player on the shard has lost his best weapon through not realising this fact about the shard.

7. CowFace

CowFace Guest

Figured as much. Wasnt sure myself though. Thanks for the info.

8. Techthys

Techthys Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, this is true, unless it has changed in just the past few weeks.

I think the title "A Magic (Whatever)" appeared on all old slayer weapons and remained there until they were Item ID'd, before a patch changed that. Does that sound correct?