1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Price Check] A Magic Orc Helm

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Nails Warstein, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Nails Warstein

Nails Warstein Rares Festival Silent Auctioneer
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron Ultima Broker

*UPDATED* This Helm does NOT, repeat does NOT lose its MAGIC title when you ID it with GM Merchant. This was tested by me and Daeol on 11/9.

I found this helm on the ground during a Chesapeake festival event tonight. I think they used to spawn, and I wondered if they still do. If not, its a non-spawning rare now, I wonder how much someone would pay for one. Thanks.

PS - Do not put it on, its annoying. Can't be removed for an hour, reduces your intelligence, and makes your character confused.

[​IMG]

#1 Nails Warstein, Jul 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  2. Nails Warstein

Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron Ultima Broker

I guess no one knows

3. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I saw someone selling this, tried to jump on it as i like orc stuff but he sold it before i could get to him. couldn't find any information on it other than this lone post. what is this?!! i think i might be kicking myself that i wasnt the first to buy this for the 8 mil he was asking. Anyone with any info?

#3 Smoot, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  4. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's an unidentified magic item, I think. Take it to test center and use item id on it to see if it becomes identified. Probably has a feeblemind charges on it. If it is NOT that, than item id won't affect it when used successfully. If it does loose the "magic" in the name, than be wary of wearing it, displaying or selling it as anyone can remove the tag using item id. Good luck and hope it isn't an unidentified item!

5. Wolf Master

Wolf Master Adventurer

I have one as well. If there is any rarity, would be nice to know :)

6. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i can remeber them well.....used to spaw many years back......and like u say they cant be removed for an hour and it lowers your intellegence..no idea what actual use they had

7. Nails Warstein

Updated Post to Inform Players that this Helm cannot lose its Magic tag in its title for those who wanted to know.

8. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

really cant believe theres no info on these. i mean none. i Do remember them spawning when i killed thousands of orcs training a pet. Has anybody checked to see if they still do? I wish i had the time to massacre orcs for hours like i used to.

9. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Still wondering about these. I might just suck it up and slaughter orcs for a while. I know for a fact they spawn around 2008, when i killed many orcs outside of a house i had.
    Were there alot of orcs at the event you found it at?

10. Nails Warstein

These were placed on the ground during the event.

11. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

i could be confusing these in my memory with an evil orc helm. who knows, but will still keep any eye out whenever i loot an unfortunate orc.

12. Mithryl Elves

Mithryl Elves Elves Suck
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Whats imbuing weight?

13. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

i would assume 450. also reverts to "barbed orc helm" if you enhance (tried it on test)