1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A Matter of Honor...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by uoBuoY, Jun 5, 2008.

1. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Can someone please suggest the least intimidating Balron or Succubus location for gaining Honor? My experiences with these 2 monsters and assocated spawn has not been pleasant. I would really appreciate a recommendation or 2!

Thanks for reading

2. Settle in for a long, long, LONG haul ... regardless of any other "easy" advice you get ...

just saying.

3. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

take the succubi in the fan dancer dojo.3rd floor down (big square room).lure the ronin out of the room and you should have the succubi's all to yourself, without any other monster buggin ya

4. Hunter Moon

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There is a secret room for Balrons down at the bottom of the crystal wisp dungeon beyond the telleporter maze and behind a hidden door. It is a large room with one Balron and 3 imps so not that hard except for a paragon one.

Inside of the skeleton area down from Spirituality in Ilsh there is a dungeon that has a Balron in the middle most room. It is pretty easy since that is all that is there unless you get a paragon one. Also in this same dungeon there is a succubus area at the very bottom of the dungeon. She normally spawns on that small island at the bottom or close to it and so you can run in and evade fighting the 3 or so fire panthers at the top of this area. Again, not to hard except the paragons suck majorly...

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

5. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Heh, that maze was quite a challenge the first time I discovered it. Took a while to figure it out...:)

6. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Yeah, I love this dungeon. Also need to mention the overly annoying Imp spawn. The Blood elementals and the Demons. Lots of fun down there for a bard, I have to admit. I used to love luring the Succ up and using her to slaughter Demons.

However, I didnt know that paragons can spawn inside dungeons. That does suck. Sigh.

7. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Is there any reason why you want Balrons or Succi's in particular?

I find the easiest thing for honor is Swoop if it is free (takes you up to 5-6 dots on follower level, to take you to Knight level use Miasma in the labyrinth, and to get you to 3 dots on follower level pretty quickly is any demon in fel. No paragons and pretty easy to kill. I find maintaining Honor at 3 dots on follower level is the easiest and also keeps your fame and karma topped up.

8. Hunter Moon

LOL yes my husband and I were bouncing around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to get it down the first time. It is a very cool area that few know about and I never see anyone there when I go to work the balrons.

9. Hunter Moon

If it is the same reason I started killing them, then it is because after a certain level, you can't seem to gain any higher unless you do monsters of this caliber. I hit a wall on gaining until a guildy suggested succubus.

10. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Ahh well if you are above 6 dots on follower level I would suggest miasma as the quickest way to get up to knight. I have found that the only critter to get you there in one session, assuming your char is up to killing it solo. If it is then I wouldn't recommend anything else, however, being a knight of honor seems to have no real benefit, 3-4 dots on follower level will pretty much get you anywhere you need to go for embracing it.

The only character I have 'knighted' in honor is my pally bushy warrior, but even on that one I only maintain it around 6-8 dots normally as I have seen no benefit to being 'knighted'. She only goes to knight when I hunt miasma, but since the bos nerf this area is a royal pain as far as looting goes and keeping the crap spawn off you when you need to continually go in and out of the dungeon.

11. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I hope you know that after 4 points on last level of honor you can only gain if you have at least 50 bushido on your char. Even if you get gain messages you won´t have any benefit and will not get more honor points filled up.
    I killed hard things with my tamer (ancient wyrms f.e.) for a year and did not pass 4 points before a friendly soul was so nice to tell me about the bush requirement for honor...

12. Beefybone

Beefybone Visitor

I really can't stand any of the ML dungeons. They're so ugly and ill-made, and they scream "We want to rip off WoW's instances but this game won't support it!" Then there's the matter of farming a boss named Smegma or something, to get enough generic grey goop called Smoot or Blegh, and using it to craft some arti nobody wants.

13. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Heh, well said. Smegma, Smoot and Blegh. Rofl.

14. Ash

Ash Guest

Think you may have some bad information as my tamer is up to 7 points on last level without much problem at all and has no bushido.

The only benefit i know of from having bushido is gaining perfection from melee attacks and dealing more damage.

15. Tazar

Tazar Guest

There must be something else going on. I earned Knight of Honor on my mage. Use all the tricks you can to gain honor, do not move around much, make sure the monster attacks you first (have invis or something ready!), do not use poison (does that include the pet?) etc. It is possible!

16. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Yeah, the person that told Arkanos about the "bushido requirement" was talking out their nether regions....

My LEGENDARY SMITH is a knight of honor, thanks to the Ancient Liches and Skeletal dragon left over from an EM event, outside Luna on Lake Austin. And, I didn't have any Bushido on the SAME ACCOUNT (and have never had it on the character) until over a year after first attaining the rank.

Personally, I didn't think Ancient Wyrms were even HIGH enough fame in Tram-ruleset ares to get past 4 dots, unless paragon. I know that I stopped gaining on Dragons long before I did Ice Fiends.

Skeles, on the other hand....

17. arkanos

arkanos Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

:sad3: very sorry, seems like i obviously posted incorrect info on the honor thing.
    i beleived the guy when he told me that you cannot gain past 4 points into honor without bushido on the char, because prior to this i killed things that gave me honor gain messages for over a year (I do lots of lvl 6 maps) and I did not ever got higher than 4 points.

Well, sorry again. Looks like i have been fighting the wrong things.
    Ice fiends? Good to know, they are much easier than AWs.

18. Fel Hythloth Balrons spawn alone in large rooms.

All the places in Ilshenar have the chance of parragon ones spawning which just make the whole process take longer.

Ninjitsu mirror images makes them even easier than a vampire samurai template. Just don't have hit spell on your weapon.

19. Joyous2K

Joyous2K Guest

THe last time I battled with Smegma was in high school sex ed taught by my soccer coach. Boy we had some good times with that gem. Thanks for the memories!!

20. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

My first and only encounter with smegma came from reading Playboy as a young teen in the Early 1980s. Some wiseguy wrote the "Playboy Advisor" asking why the Massachusetts DMV wouldn't let them have "SMEGMA" as a vanity plate. The answer was quite enlightening, though the subject would always come up when my college friends decided to run out for burgers a few years later - we kept referring to cheeseburgers as smegma burgers.

21. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Original poster here...

I never considered Swoop. I did an sort on Fame in Stratic's Hunter's Guide. Went to bottom of list. Why isn't Swoop in this guide?

I made it to 6th dot Follower with Ice Fiends...that took a while...about 12 hrs for the last dot!

Thanks all for your suggestions. I hope some day to have enough Fame to try taming a Greater Drag.

22. packrat

packrat Guest

You don't need Honor to tame a greater dragon. I tame them all the time. Just peace and tame. I think honor is a cheap way of doing it anyway. I never use Honor to tame an animal. There should be some risk when you tame any animal.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!