1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A mod to show incoming names on the channel window?

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Sweeney, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Please? I tried one but it didn't work.

2. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

A chat mod isnt possible atm, the scripts cannot be modified. But you can code it into an external journal for example. Use the name window to get the names and add it to your journal log.

This is the theory, how it works with LUA and the UI you have to learn it. If you really want to learn it ask your questions ;)

3. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

http://uo.modders-exchange.net/modpackaging
    "You See Messages"

Requires CustomSettingsWindow, CustomSettings, and CustomLocalization mods.

Defaults to off, has two settings in a "Journal" tab added to the User Settings window...
    1. "Show 'You See ...' messages on first view" - adds "You see" message to chat when you first approach somebody
    2. "Show 'You See ...' messages on all names" - adds "You see" message to chat whenever their name pops up over their head (first view and when you use an all names macro)

Works just fine for me - just re-tested it using a fully patched client.

4. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

That's the one I tried before.. I think previously I overwrote a file with prior version. Would help if some of those things had read mes. Thanks.

5. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It would help if they had readmes... unfortunately, I have almost no free time whatsoever.