1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

A most peculiar IDOC

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Tanager, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Tanager

Tanager Adventurer

Aug 21, 2012
    I've been away from Sosaria for a couple years now, and every time I return I can't believe I ever left. I love Siege, and last night was one of the reasons why.

Much of the shard turned up at least for a little while as we watched Viscount Goop's swamp crumble. It was sad, but at the same time very heartwarming to see so many standing side by side. A few bumps and bruises, some black eyes, but not your normal IDOC by any means.

There was plenty of booze, chatting, and music from UO Radio. The JAWS music in particular was fantastically well timed - the slaughter began right on cue! It IS Siege, after all, so there had to be murder and grey screens. For the most part though, this was a very respectful IDOC with lots of familiar names on my screen and it made me smile to know so very many were there to save Goop's treasures.

Goop has said he'll be back eventually, and we'll keep his stuff for him - I'm sure he has many PMs right now. Knowing he's coming back (or at least reasonably hoping) makes such an IDOC easier to swallow, and yes... even enjoy.

Thank you, Siege
    Zalfein, Rieley, startle and 10 others like this.
  2. Tyrath

Tyrath Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 24, 2003
    Was fun to be there among so many old friends, was sad to be there because it was Goops house. Was very happy to see so many there collecting for Goop and was happy this one time to see GIL get the placement and state they would hold it for Goops return. I don't make a habit of doing the IDOC thing but this one was very worthwhile to participate in :)
    Zalfein, Rieley and SpyderBite like this.