1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Record For Me...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by uoBuoY, Jul 3, 2008.

1. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Seven (yes, 7 in a row ) results: "You fish for a while, but fail to catch anything."
    That is 7 in a row for my GM Fisher!!!
    On top of this only 50% of my Fishing attempts yield something other than utter failure or useless footwear.

This encourages Fisherpersons...how???
  2. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

Must be yer bait. :confused:
  3. Azureal

Azureal Guest

I know it seems rough. Sometimes it is. As for your question though..some might answer the mibs/sos are the encouragement.

For me though, I just fish when I cant be arsed do anything else. It sounds crazy, but I find it relaxing.
  4. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 27, 2004
    Like the streak yesterday - my thief with 110 skill failed 8 times in sequence on that Doom skull candle.
  5. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Yeah, the term Skills should be replaced with the abbr RNG. I swear to god every skill is based on it. My main with 110 Magery can still have a 6-7 fail streak when trying to cast EVs.
  6. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 13, 2004
    Fishing - much like mining - is only an endless string of F1's (F1 is macro'd to "Use Last Object"->WaitforTarget->Last Target" with an occassional Alt+Num 8 ("say Forward"). I just can't do anything that boring for more than 30 minutes. Fishing lost me long ago (it was the first skill I GMed back in 1997).