1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A new vendor bug?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't know for sure what's causing it, but I set up some vendors with bags to sort out their stock. I'm very careful to not make the bags priced for sale, only the stock inside.

Today, I go to add some semis in a bag on my rares vendor and find they're not being priced. If I drop them in the vendor's main pack, they'll price up as normal. However, if I drag and drop these into the bag they should go in, the price comes off.

I've then noticed the bag has assumed a price of its own too. Now I'm certain that you can't have individually priced items in a priced bag on a vendor, yet that's exactly what I have ended up with.

I had this happen a few times the other day too, so I thought I'd pop up a warning here so nobody gets caught out by this bug.

Wenchy

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I usually try not to put so many items on my vendor that it requires bags if I need more room I open a new vendor. The biggest reason I started moving away from using bags is because no one wants to dig through them as a player most people want to just click the vendor and see right away what it has for sale on it. I know I myself have been super lazy while shopping and bypassed any bags I saw because I didn't feel like opening them.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I have never had a vendor in game...... but as a shopper I'll tell you right now there is nothing I hate more than looking for somthing and having to sift through bag after bag... when I open a vendor I like to either see clearly what's "in" the bag .... or just plain right now see what you got.

NOthing is more irritating than seeing a vendor with a ton of bags and nothing labled and then finding half the bags empty.... waste of my time and if I'm in a rush... I'm not gonna even peek at what you got ..... I'm gonna get your vendor up and close it right away.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Did you put something in the bag that 'bounced'? Items that won't stack or items that can stack in another form, cause this. It has been reported (repeatedly)

Oil cloths do it, (cloth graphic) cans of savage kin paint do it (honey graphic) and bugged 'stackables' like bandages and arrows do it, to name just a few.

If I'm trying to put arrows in a bag and some try to stack with some already there I know I've got to take the whole bag off and reprice [​IMG]

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I hate jumbled bags too, so mine are very clear. I have a small shop in Fel so it wouldn't make sense to have umpteen vendors all selling different potions for example. Either way, this is a bug, and one I've not experienced till very recently, in 8 yrs of vendor ownership.

I keep everything clear, but regardless, if I'd been in a hurry and entering the prices quickly, I might not have noticed the problem at all. Or, I could have thought "that item's bugged", dumped it, but not realised the main pack was priced at 54gp and left it. I'm sure you can imagine the potential for disaster there.

Petra, it seems to be affecting a range of things, some were stacked last night. I can't remember what the first vendor had bugs with, one was potions in bottle stacks and this was stealable semi rares. But once the bag is bugged, nothing seems to take a price [​IMG]

Wenchy

6. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

your supose to price it as you set it inside the container to set price, putting price on item outside container then moveing inside it will not carry into the container, as it never has for me

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, normally I price items by dropping them into their bag, as I always have.

With this bug, that seems to work for some items in the bag, then for whatever reason, I add another and I'm not being asked for the price and description. The item just goes into the bag without a price. Then the bag itself can change to a priced bag too.

But I mentioned the price wiping off when I moved a priced item into said bag, just because I tried pricing then moving to see if it made any difference. It's less hassle than setting up bags again, which I've done several times lately due to this bug.

Wenchy

8. "NOthing is more irritating than seeing a vendor with a ton of bags and nothing labled and then finding half the bags empty.... waste of my time and if I'm in a rush... I'm not gonna even peek at what you got ..... I'm gonna get your vendor up and close it right away. "

This is why even though I have a lot of stock on each vendor, I use boxes to separate the stock for what each vendor sells, but put a 2pc stack next to each box so it can be told from a glance what's in the box. I also put the price of what's in the box in the description for the display to make it even easier. Helps a lot for the deeded items especially arrows, bolts, ingots and boards. It's easily identified, yet keeps all of the stock in order, allowing me to stock more per vendor. I also make sure to stock on a regular basis so the people that show up and see an empty vendor are few and far between.

9. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I agree about the bags, especially when playtime is limited and I'm looking for something in a hurry. I also use mostly vendor signs.

One big let down is vendors labeling the shops wrong or "in general", ie: just stocked or Mabel, or...lol...I got it all.( seen like 2 items in that one)

Luna's lost it's poilish, there's maybe 2-3 that have what they say.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I couldn't agree more!.... I wish there was a way to search better "in game" not on any shady outside search engine.... but in game a better way to find an particular item your looking for at a decent price ..... like you could have a compass or something where you tell it your looking for a ring that's got 1/3 and LRC.. and it gives you the name of the vendor the co-ordinates and what facet you'll find the vendor on... and if there is more than one shop it lists them all...

Maybe I'm just crazy but that would be nice if there were somewhere you could go to get that sort of information "in game"... but you know sometimes looking through vendor after vendor for that special perfect item can lead you to some treasures that you never would have found had you just done a search and gone right to one vendor and never opened any others...... You know... kinda loses something.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I couldn't agree more!.... I wish there was a way to search better "in game" not on any shady outside search engine.... but in game a better way to find an particular item your looking for at a decent price ..... like you could have a compass or something where you tell it your looking for a ring that's got 1/3 and LRC.. and it gives you the name of the vendor the co-ordinates and what facet you'll find the vendor on... and if there is more than one shop it lists them all...

Maybe I'm just crazy but that would be nice if there were somewhere you could go to get that sort of information "in game"... but you know sometimes looking through vendor after vendor for that special perfect item can lead you to some treasures that you never would have found had you just done a search and gone right to one vendor and never opened any others...... You know... kinda loses something.

[/ QUOTE ]

What we really need is an official EA version of search uo that we can check from the official UO home page. If they simply added code to the server to find all items on vendors list the locations and props and prices we would be all set.

12. maybe the problem is your priceing the bag in the begining instead of hitting ESC to set at not for sale

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Definitely not, after the first occurrence I triple checked my vendors as I went and the bags were all set as non sellers. I tend to always mouse over bags as a paranoid check, especially on my more valuable stuff.

If the bags had been priced to begin with, the stock I'd originally put inside them wouldn't have been priced either. I ended up with bags that had priced items inside, and a price on the outside. With new items inside that didn't have a price or vendor description. It's lucky I wasn't restocking while a customer looked on. The potential with this bug is pretty serious.

I'll try and do more thorough testing and see if I can re-create this bug, because so far I've been re-stocking and just wanting to get the stuff loaded up and priced.

Wenchy

14. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

RTLFC

As a vendor owner I thank everyone for there insite into this. I still sell alot of stuff on my vendor as I dont stock junk. I do not like sifting though bags myself, but with the amount of stuff I like to stock would take 5-6 vendors. I do put in bags (well metal boxes). I guess now ill start having to add a bonus priced items in the bags. A fur for 50k, or a pendant for 200k. Open the bags might get a nice lil treat. [​IMG]