1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A Note for the Dev Team

Discussion in 'UHall' started by jack flash uk, May 30, 2010.

1. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Re 3rd part detection

i have noticed an INCREASE in scripter miner levels on Europa

Full trained warrior/miner chars
    Armed with Dexxer weapon
    Mage protection cast
    small mining houses, usual loot drop boxes/pack MEGA FULL
    Small gap in the front steps of house for recalling purposes so items cannot be dropped on recall point
    PRIVATE HOUSE
    blackrock dump bin on steps
    chars mining for long hours, NO YOU ARE NOT ATTENDED

scripts cannot be disrupted, chars impossible to kill with low end spawn, where their little houses of ill gain are popping up, little chance of detection UNLESS adventurers happen to pass by on the periferies of the land

AND THE THREAT OF DETECTION SEEMS TO NOT SCARE THEM

sadly your GM's are not mopping them up

so PLEASE i just hope you are monitering NOW as this is making me SICK

no need to flame, please DEV team take notice

2. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Probably have to page on them first and then GMs can assess them with 3rd party detection tools rather than ask silly questions about their robes.

3. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Perhaps it just hasn't been activated yet? At least that's what I hope if nothing has even changed yet.

4. Tazar

Tazar Guest

My guess is the scripters are stocking up while they can... When the first warnings/bans start, it'll be a different market.

5. *sits back, pops a cold root beer, and waits for the mind-your-own-business posts to start*

:popcorn:

6. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If it's just 3rd party detection, I wonder if EA are just calculating a figure of what percentage of players use them? Then they will decide from there what to do.

Atleast thats what I assume.

7. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Although I have to admit, I'm curious what these have to do with scripters?

8. jack flash uk

well it seems if there is a scripter tucked away in the middle of nowhere these things a help combat low end spawn etc kill the spawn, or allows you to recall away without spell disruption

the gap in the steps is a new one on me, with a private house it appears you cannot block them as they recall in over the top of items you drop

this is a new one on me, clever little cheats:)

approx 33k ore in 1 hour not bad i suppose

9. jack flash uk

also rather alarming is the amount of VETERAN players (sourced form uo.com/myuo/char search)

running scripts

i agree with about, players might be grabbing as much as they can, while they can, i just hope this is being monitered!

10. jack flash uk

Checking Cavern, there seems to be some blackrock pieces dotted about??????????

will let you come to your own conclusions

11. jack flash uk

Of course, this char does not need to stop or say "hello", we all know that, but now there are two of us watching , kinda think an attended miner or scripter's attention will be aroused even to just give us abuse etc

12. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

My guess is that certain people are stocking up before the hammer comes down... Of course it remains to be seen if the hammer will actually come down...

13. Is any of this in Felucca? If so, have you tried energy field, etc?

14. Just found a spot with 4,726 shadow ore laying on the ground...

getting out my smelter for a bit! LOL

15. jack flash uk

if only it was in Fel :(

well it looks like our new friend is finished for the day smelting, hidden i guess shortly to log

6th in queue the whole time...............................

better luck next time

16. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Um maybe am losing it here and have no choice to but to point out the obvious but Where in this post is the proof of scripter activity? Do we still need to go back to 101 to teach people how to make miner characters?

17. Myna

Myna Guest

cant you block the small gap, standing there, or put a tamed horse there whatever?

18. jack flash uk

Well our friend lives in a small hous eon the coast south of sacrifice shrine, east of ranger huts

so i leave there and go to see if one my regulars is out to play, and yes, right above Umbra but the serect tomb is Pur*le busy gathering without a care in the world

19. jack flash uk

Sadly not, its a private house and the gap is part of the foundation footprint which you cannot get onto

20. jack flash uk

i have a miner thanks, i know what to do, and yes you can see something is not Human about this, as with SO MANY doing the same thing, hmmm following instructions carefully maybe

21. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

But you don't mine by hand do you? I'll send you to a doctor right now if you do.

22. I mine by using the Enhanced Client macro.... what's wrong with that?

23. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Nothing at all. That's not by hand so your not crazy. That's semi automation if you set your macros right. Uoassist is even more automation if done properly. I haven't tried to convert the uoassist multi-macro to enhanced yet though so don't know which one is more efficient.

24. A bit harder to set up, but once you have it going in the EC it is much more efficient, especially searching for new ore/lumber spots.

25. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot

What's so wrong with that?I double a garg picky, click on the floor and then use the use last object function in the classic UO client. then i hit click until either the picky is gone or a garg pops up. Thats how mining always has been ...

26. Rumil of Lorain

Rumil of Lorain Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

*psst elemental*

27. jack flash uk

yip, elemental, YES how i mine :)

i actually find it quite theraputic!

28. jack flash uk

UOKaiser, if you don't have one, pls make a char on Europa

go to umbra gate and head out of umbra west with to umbra road

turn right and follow the edge of umbra till you reach the secret tomb with the 4 fire pillars outside, you will be standing NEXT to a small house with several HEAVY bags on the steps

now, IF the colour named miner is there pls take a few mins

then explain to me, HOW HE IS NOT RUNNING A SCRIPT, and that he is by coincidence acting the same way as all the other miner is see with small houses (usually) tucked away out of sight.

if you can convince me, then i will accept that i am wrong

he is not hard to find

i shall await your reply, wont take you long

Jack

29. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot

oops

Well you got the point. :)

30. jack flash uk

Seems the char i was orginally posting abouts' house is decaying as of today

so she must be moving now she is on the GM paging radar, will have to keep an eye out for her on my travels

though i thought if you place another house your old house "is like new" for a while? and her heavy bags have gone

31. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

Moving, or permanently banned?

32. jack flash uk

i am not entirely sure tbh, the last script miner i saw removed just disappeared, along with the heavy chests, and his/her house is still there, i guess very soon will start to decay

hopefully gone but not sure at all

33. jack flash uk

UOKaiser you found the easy to find house yet?

Europa...................

34. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If they were banned for script mining there house would be in flames right now. Not decaying.

As for weather or not they were scripting, my miner is a loner in the mountains. If i see one person or a hundred persons I DO NOT TALK TO THEM i keep on doing what i am doing. i do not have enough time to stop and say HEY im not a scripter thanks for saying hi.

As for the house placement, where and how or if its private or public doesnt prove a scriptor or not. I think you are just jelous you dont know how to make a decent miner and program the macros for it using UOA or The EC.

With that being said let people be and when the hammer falls there glory days will be gone.

35. jack flash uk

thanks for the post, jealous? nope, got all the ingots i need thank you, your right, i dont know how to make a supaduper macro, thats what my friends are for, they show me how to do them :)

with what oyu have typed here, i would not give you a second glance, as oyu do not show the tell tale signs of an E****O script runner

IF i need to go mining i go, and enjoy the theraputic effects it has on me, same with lumber, though rarely go

not sure that you will run a "macro" for hours and hours at a time tucked away in a small house in the middle of nowhere to stock up say luna vendors or to fill order for RL money?

do you do that?

prob not

like i posted above, go to umbra Europa, take a look , tell me he is not script mining but attended "macro" mining i dare you:)

36. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

That's insanity. That's how it used to be in 1997. Once UO assist was approved by uo those days were gone thank the UO lords. Even before Uo assist was approved those days where gone for many. Hell even when figuring out the archaic client macro those days were gone. There is no way some on will be able to mine long with that method let alone get anything sort of worth the effort. Please stop that, I hate to see fellow miners killing themselves

37. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

I'll have to check it out later. Im in the forums by mobile. Celebrating my birthday today :) If hes there later I'll pass by in europe. i'll save this tread to check.

38. jack flash uk

Small house demolished so must have moved somewhere else

shame.

39. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Elemental mining is one way to mine. But though it gives bulk ingots over a certain period of time. You have to pay close attention to that mining. The time it takes to move from spot to spot and dig out a elemental is also a downer to time per ingot. This method is good for short runs. But for longer runs elemental mining will actually end up impeding your ingot per time spent.

40. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

just realise you said the house is gone. So won't be able to check it. But if it was being decayed status must of being that way for a while.

41. Rumil of Lorain

Rumil of Lorain Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Celebrating my birthday today :)
    happy Birthday with many more to come

42. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

If he was banned the chest would still be there. This means he just moved his chest away.

43. CatLord

CatLord Guest

Catskills Shadows (the unit that has been banning scripters since 2006) is now out of work... and I welcome them to play UO again!

There last report said:
    - the usual scripters that had houses in the Feluccan Islands took them down... (Wednesday)
    - the Ter Mur miners have not been seen since that day...

3rd party Detection and the Hammer hanging on their heads... seems to be enough to make some people sell their gold for $, sell accounts and move on to greener pastures...

If all of this is a Bluff... it sure is working.

On a funny note... I'm not a great pvper. Monday morning I was spawning and got raided... I took down 6 characters of the same player (he kept coming back with a new orange =COM=)... then a 7th showed up and vanished from the field when running on foot faster then me on animal form... i found it hilarious, sent a loud thank you to the virtual skies... and proceed with finishing my spawn. :)

44. jack flash uk

The Umbra house is still there, though miner has finished for the day by the look of it

take a look though he is there most days, and evenings

the other house was demolished (the one i posted aobut originally, sacrifice house), i guess now that she knows we know where she is, she has upped stick and moved somewhere else

45. jack flash uk

i remember many years ago when i was mining and training i used a reward gargoyle pickaxe, got attacked by the ele :) on foot so running for my life the golem i had for protection stayed behind, redlined till i got back to the golem for it to save me

someone explained to me why the eles were spawning....
    ah the good old days

innocence:)

46. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

I would think that if a scripter was permanently banned there is a reasonable chance that the contents of the account would be destroyed. If that chest truly was loaded, it takes a while to transfer a heavy load of anything, anywhere. If he was watching the house, I would have thought he would have noticed someone moving a great load of ingots/ore.

47. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

It's simple. Place commody deed box, smelt ore. Deed all ore. 1000000 stones is only like 65k-75k ore same thing with wood.

48. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Crapola!, just unpacked my lumberjack to do so serious logging.

Since they have not done anything as yet with the awesome detection plan, I will pack him back up in fear of being paged on by witch hunting teams.

Get with it Dev team!

49. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

Right I'm an idiot. I'm still stuck in the dark ages when we had no commodity deed boxes... :)

50. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

Happy Birthday Rumil. The question is, are you sober? And if you are, why are you?