1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] a penny for your thoughts....

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by klimo, Nov 27, 2012.

1. klimo

klimo Adventurer

I am interested in the community's thoughts on the value of a complete 81 name set of reindeer that is matched with a complete 81 name set of sleighs. I can't seem to decide whether I am holding onto a possibly unique thing, or a 162 lockdown waste.I realize in the grand scheme of all things "rare" , this wouldn't be decidedly upper-end ,but it did take 6 years to complete,with 90% of it being built when the sleighs and reindeers were far more readily available then now.As time passes on, are these a keeper ?
    Thanks for the imput guys

2. Angel Dust

Angel Dust Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I would say Yes. Just because of so many being deleted from turn in, who knows how many are left, maybe a rarer name is no longer available. value wise, I couldnt even begin to say.

3. Manticore

Manticore Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Klimo, I say, use a flat 18x18 and display them all out matching their names. Take a screenshot and enter the Holiday contest and win one of Mesanna's prized reindeer. Then I'll give you 500 mil for that reindeer. This will indirectly measure the value of your collection :)

Lord X and Nails Warstein like this.
  4. Nails Warstein

Nails Warstein Rares Festival Silent Auctioneer
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron Ultima Broker

I will pay you 501m

5. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I can begin to name a price on them... 0
    Sorry but unless some insane collector wants them even then they will fetch close to nothing. I've prob thrown a few full sets away for points o_O

6. klimo

klimo Adventurer

I was thinking as I mentioned in the opening thread there is 2 valid points of view , I appreciate the input of 4 respected collectors , and can see now that there is indeed 2 valid points of view - thnx for the input again guys

7. Decadence

Decadence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

[​IMG]