1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A Place in UO History?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Sorcon Gartius, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Apparently I have earned a place in UO history... As an NPC!

[​IMG]

2. canary

canary Guest

As a side note to naming people, I still think it was indeed awesome that they did give names to NPCs from players who were a big part of UO... like Goodman, for example.

When I see one it does tend to make me smile. :)

3. Was there an official post somewhere about this? I've been away from the game for a bit...

4. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Just wait until you see a player who has used a disguise kit or cast incognito running around with your name.

5. canary

canary Guest

Well they on the rare occasion named NPC's after influential people who are departed.

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

The two that I know have been honored such are Goodman and Grog.

7. canary

canary Guest

You would be correct.

8. Norrar

Norrar Lore Master
    Governor Stratics Veteran

I sometimes encounter npcs with my char names...Nikolai and Tucker for example. I always kill them tho...Its blasphemy to use my name for a tinker. =/

9. I guess it just seems odd to me... Sorcon is not a common name... And in all of my years, I've never seen that NPC name. It wasn't on the list of NPC names before...

10. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I have long been under the belief that the UO Gods use player names they feel are "appropriate" all the time..... I have seen many, many NPC's with names exactly like many of my in game friends...... though I will say this..... NEVER have I seen one named Malag-aste.... and I doubt I ever will...

And I'd have to kill them for the insult as there is only one Keeper of Secrets.... ..... and that is Me even though I am on every shard.....