1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A Plea to the gods of EA

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by Hunter G, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Hunter G

Hunter G Guest

Hi all,

I am a roomie in a money house. I strive to do as best I can hosting guests. I mostly devote all my time in game doing this because I really do enjoy it and I believe the guests come first. As a roomie I spend most of my time doing serenades, repairs, and cooking for the guests as do my roomates.
    There is a serious flaw in the way the economy is and it needs to be addressed very soon! Repairs are outrageous! I try to call the repairman but that's only some of the day so what do you do when the room is red? Stocking a refrigerator costs as much as you get as a weekly bonus and only lasts 1-2 hours. So I know in my case I end up pretty much losing money consistently not sure of other roomies but I am with much certainty they must be losing or barely making money.
    They have to do something about this soon or it's just a matter of time before you can't host because of the lack of money. Yes, there are tip jars but no one else has much money either so you can't expect them to sustain you at least at this time. Please, we need to have food and repair costs lowered or the house bonuses brought back.
    I hope the Gods of EA please read this and respond. More then that I hope they do something to fix this situation! I appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Thanks!
    Garrett Silverhair

2. I agree w/ you .. I love to host... and have always been a hostess since coming to TSO.... But when coming to EAL .. I temp host here and there... But i know i cant afford it and is I try and help out as much as I can as a guest (some call me their roomie even though I dont live there) I repair, (i have a sim w/ mech so ill bring her in to repair... Even w/ the mech .. I cant afford to fix a piano at 1600.... for each one .... ) Ive been known to give the roomies a bit of money so they can feed us ... I would love to get back into the hosting ..... but at this time I know i cant afford it ..... And i wont last long ..... either as a roomie and or owning a home .....

So im beggin to the gods of EAL as well please help so we can do what we love to do in game and not worry about going broke.....

3. yea this is really ridiculous. We need an economy that works for the players, not EA.

4. Nick6212

Nick6212 Guest

It costs my sim almost 1500 to repair a flat screen tv

5. Guest

Guest Guest

When it comes to repairs I must agree. I think that the cost of repair by player should be decreased A LOT and the cost of repairs for the repairman should be slightly increased.

Players need to be able to compete with the repairman, even during his working hours.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Or.....

Players could stop trying to buy success and start playing smart instead. For example:

Flat screen TVs, Black pianos, laptops, bubble blowers.....all expensive to buy, which means that they are expensive to repair and replace. Cuckoo clocks, Doll Houses, Basket ball hoops, cheap to buy, cheap to repair.

You can go thru the entire house and find cheaper ways to furnish greening, but you will have to clever about it to end up with something stylish, and reasonably suitable for your goals.

Food is expensive, but changing the door into the food to §5 entry fee, costs nothing but the price of the door, and covers the cost of food.

Players have had it so easy for so long, that they no longer know how to play strategically. [​IMG]

Perhaps everyone should stop asking the Team to *fix it*, and learn to play the game smarter. [​IMG]

7. ghostsong

ghostsong Guest

Yeah, I agree completely. How can they expect to lower wages and take away bonuses but not lower the prices of basic necessities and have and have an economy that works or makes sense?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Or.....

Players could stop trying to buy success and start playing smart instead. For example:

Flat screen TVs, Black pianos, laptops, bubble blowers.....all expensive to buy, which means that they are expensive to repair and replace. Cuckoo clocks, Doll Houses, Basket ball hoops, cheap to buy, cheap to repair.

You can go thru the entire house and find cheaper ways to furnish greening, but you will have to clever about it to end up with something stylish, and reasonably suitable for your goals.

Food is expensive, but changing the door into the food to §5 entry fee, costs nothing but the price of the door, and covers the cost of food.

Players have had it so easy for so long, that they no longer know how to play strategically. [​IMG]

Perhaps everyone should stop asking the Team to *fix it*, and learn to play the game smarter. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ][​IMG]

9. dittie

dittie Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Or.....

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN! [​IMG]

10. Hunter G

Hunter G Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Or.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what your saying however a business must cater to the customer or guess what's gonna happen. All I am asking is for minor adjustments to repair costs and the food like I stated previously. I know myself if I went in a place that charges a fee to eat I would probably go somewhere else. Pizza and Code are hot right now. It's whats making people money and it's also fun to play. To repair these objects costs an arm and a leg. Even tables when they break can cost over $100 each times however many broke. They seem to break in batches. I am not trying to get rich as a matter of fact hosting is not a get rich scheme. It's done by people who like other people. It's what I enjoy to do and one of the reasons I play.

I actually enjoy the way the game is now. It reminds me of the old days. I believe it has brought people back together.

Garrett Silverhair

11. <blockquote><hr>

Hi all,

I am a roomie in a money house. I strive to do as best I can hosting guests. I mostly devote all my time in game doing this because I really do enjoy it and I believe the guests come first. As a roomie I spend most of my time doing serenades, repairs, and cooking for the guests as do my roomates.
    There is a serious flaw in the way the economy is and it needs to be addressed very soon! Repairs are outrageous! I try to call the repairman but that's only some of the day so what do you do when the room is red? Stocking a refrigerator costs as much as you get as a weekly bonus and only lasts 1-2 hours. So I know in my case I end up pretty much losing money consistently not sure of other roomies but I am with much certainty they must be losing or barely making money.
    They have to do something about this soon or it's just a matter of time before you can't host because of the lack of money. Yes, there are tip jars but no one else has much money either so you can't expect them to sustain you at least at this time. Please, we need to have food and repair costs lowered or the house bonuses brought back.
    I hope the Gods of EA please read this and respond. More then that I hope they do something to fix this situation! I appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Thanks!
    Garrett Silverhair

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Garrett...you are one of the best host that Ea Land has to offer. Before someone throws in here "TIP TIP TIP" and tring to repair certain things IS outrageous. I think that EA should look at some of these busy places and pay you all a bonus compared to the amount of visitors becasue you are the ones that is making it possible to earn most of the simoleans we have. Not everyone works or sells anything and it only makes since..Im there everyday so when your on, I will give you the money o fill the fridge every few days. Just to help out a little bit.

Regards my friend....

12. <blockquote><hr>

Or.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Jackie, he's aroomie, Not the owner!!! Garett...what I do is put the broken items that are costly , in a room that is not used and I pull them items out when the repair dude gets there.

13. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Or.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Jackie, he's a roomie, Not the owner!!! Garrett...what I do is put the broken items that are costly , in a room that is not used by the guest. I pull them items out when the repair dude gets there.

[/ QUOTE ]

14. BellaofCats

BellaofCats Guest

Since this "game" is little more than a glorified chat room, I find it hard to believe that one should be forced into having their type of fun - hosting in this case - done stategically. If you are a roomie you have little choice in what objects the owner and other roomies put out on the lot. Since these items break often and in groups and with some item-owners not logging in for weeks, I can understand the repair costs coupled with food costs can soon mount to where it is hard to keep up with. Even a repairman isn't around 24/7. Sure you could take the broken items, hide them in a secluded room for the repairman to fix and replace them in the meantime IF you can afford to but who wants to consistantly be bothered with switching these items around at the rate they break? And to do this when you are already busy enough tending to the guests is just foolish on the part of the games design, not the paying player who is trying to enjoy the game in their own way. The majority of hosts, the OP included (try going to his house and seeing for yourself how exceptionally well he does before assuming this post is about the "money") do this for the enjoyment. If repair and other costs are so high that hosts go broke and cannot afford to host anymore and move out because of it, where is the fun for them exactly?

It is no surprise to anyone that people flock to the prettiest places with the most to offer. So any ideas that people will hang around a lot that offers low-end greening or charges a fee at this point is just wishful thinking. This is also in the games design - some items just offer much better greening than others and unless everyone starts charging for stuff then it just won't work. Perhaps in the future when EA Land gets going things will change. But for now, other than the CC, there is little that has changed in the way we can play or enjoy the game. This is beta afterall and everyone's opinion and imput should be considered.

Stay safe,

Bella

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I would like to see as one of the unannounced special tweakings that players with high mechanic skills have drastically lowered repair costs every once in awhile.

And because that isn't something that would spread rapidly by word of mouth if it only lasted a couple of hours, I think it would be nice if the period of special player repair costs lasted a few real life days or had a notification method to the players - maybe a letter through house ownership or straight to the "master mechs" themselves - that would let them know of the fluctuation.

16. BellaofCats

BellaofCats Guest

I think that is definitely worth looking into and a very thoughtful idea and one possible solution! Now if we could get more like this and have them seriously looked at and possibly implemented...

Stay safe,

Bella

17. CarrieMehome

CarrieMehome Guest

Charging to enter the kitchen area is a potentially good idea. However, we must remember that all sims ('scuse me, "avatars") are born with no money and no skills. So, do those sims starve while they're trying to get on their feet? No skills = no payouts or low payouts on money objects (HAHAHA - ok that goes for everyone). I go to work as often as I can, and regardless of the UGH low payouts and plentiful bugs, I've made pretty good money. I always try to tip all hostesses and the owner at each skill house enough to cover at LEAST the food I consumed during my stay there (each meal is $3). If you doubled that to $6 for each time you ate, you might come out pretty close to covering your own overhead as a guest. Are roomies able to grant a "newbie" free entry in to a door?

18. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

All I am asking is for minor adjustments to repair costs and the food like I stated previously. I know myself if I went in a place that charges a fee to eat I would probably go somewhere else

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see what is so terrible about charging food at cost. I would happily pay the cost of the food I eat. I don't see why someone else should take the costs of feeding me.

If everyone was doing this, nobody would bat an eye and it would become the norm in game. Its only because we've had everything handed to us on a plate for free for so long (quite literally) that its hard to be brave and make a change.

Polly

19. Hunter G

Hunter G Guest

I had a brainstorm....OW my head! If they would eliminate individual tip jars and make a house tip jar that is only for maintaining the house (repairs, food, replacement, etc.) that would help. Another option would be to have just for example 5% of any earnings going in to a house fund for the same. The roomies would only be able to access it for the house if thats feasible. Just some ideas. Now I go rest my head...LOL!

20. I'm sorry Gilly, this type of answer is unacceptable to me and many others I've spoken with. I'm a founder and I was gone for a bit (due to boredom and general game/PC issues) and came back because I was excited to hear of the new changes. (which I'm still waiting for since I still can't even play my main sim due to waiting around for these merges to be complete)

It is not fair for EA to expect people to play "their" way. If we wanted to play "strategic" games, there are far better games for that type of play than TSO/EALand. We, the paying customer, should be able to play this game with the choice of being able to buy/use higher end items if we like. I know you're going to say then that person should also expect to pay more for repairs, etc. But all the previous poster was requesting was a decrease or better system for repair costs.

I personally think if you have high mech skills, then you should be able to fix items without going broke or if you're a master mech you should not get zapped to death by fixing a simple light. I also think that if you have to call a repair guy then you should pay more for that service. (Anyone see what these guys charge in real life? LOL)

To suggest that people buy cheap items or charge for basic greening needs is crazy. Cheap items do not give your rooms the high green needed to maintain skilling or earning the few dollars we get now doing money objects. And let me tell you, the lower end items are not "stylish" as you state in your post. Do you realize what this (buying cheap items &amp; charging for greening) will do to homes who truly enjoy hosting? I love hosting parties, meeting new people, playing trivia with my guests, etc. and guests most definitely will go to other homes that have high end green items and do not charge for food. I know I wouldn't want to pay for food if I was at a home skilling or earning money, even though I fully understand the financial hardship it is to feed people. Not to mention we are now having to feed 30 people, for those that have busy houses!

I also always leave tips for the home-owners who have taken good care of me, but a majority of guests do not feel that they have to tip. Just like a majority of guests feel you "owe" them serenades. (So suggesting pay doors, cheaper items and tips are not the solution.) If you do end up charging for food or buying cheaper items, where does this leave some poor home-owner/roomies? BROKE and eventually having no guests at all!

EA has raised the prices of land to astronomical highs (in order to own property in EALand, you have to either wait for a trillion years to earn enough money to buy the lot &amp; furnish it, buy fake money with real money from the ATM's or have a ton of unreliable room-mates) you have made repair costs go through the roof, taken away our ability to sell back items that we have bought, (either wanting to sell it because we no longer need something or just don't like it anymore) and what seems like to me, are trying to force people to use ATM's in order to just have your Sim "survive".

At the same time you have lowered payouts on money objects/jobs and taken away visitor bonuses. All of this is the name of supposedly trying to fix the economy (which won't work because you'll still have the "rich, rich" and then everyone else) and also trying to curb the scammers, cheaters, and botters. While at the same time you are hurting the players who truly love this game and have never even considered cheating/botting and have earned their money the old fashioned way..by WORKING for it! You remember those players don't you...the ones who have kept this game going through all the disconnects, lags, errors, long updates and lack of support. (Granted, I will admit, the new team of Devs is 150% better in support and communication than what we received in the past).

And to all the posters who have suggested that if everyone charges then it will become the "norm"...do you honestly expect to see this happen? I remember in Beta days back in 2002, that we did have pay doors for everything from potties, beds &amp; food...for us back in those days that was the "norm" and you're right Polly, no-one batted an eyelash. But as others have pointed out those days are gone, and I'm sure you will find a majority of people either reluctant to charge or just plain unwilling to charge for these services that cost owners/roomies so much of our hard earned money. Then you'll be back to: a few homes (free) having all the visitors and the rest (not free) having no-one. Not to mention, when you try to charge for greening items, you get the added "benefit" of having to deal with rude, nasty guests who blast you for doing this. I personally do not play this game to have to deal with this type of behavior from people and that's exactly what non-free home-owners/roomies would have to deal with.

So, while I'm holding out my judgment on the changes that are being made, the one change I can say that is not working is the economic one.

I'm not one of the players screaming for land at excessively low prices, the ability to buy whatever I want from my home (I'm more than willing to go to a store to buy my stuff, after all it's what I would expect to do for real unless you guys want to let us online shop from our homes...LOL) or even crazy/high payouts for money objects (although consistent &amp; FAIR payouts would be nice).

I just want a game I can enjoy and play the way I want to play, with the ability to earn some money that works well with the cost of items/land and to host guests without going broke or having to charge my guests for basic necessities. I do NOT want to have to play the way EA thinks I should play.

Teddie Bearra (AV)
    Teddie Grahams (EA)
    Pooh-Bear (Formerly of BF now in EA)

21. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I had a brainstorm....OW my head! If they would eliminate individual tip jars and make a house tip jar that is only for maintaining the house (repairs, food, replacement, etc.) that would help. Another option would be to have just for example 5% of any earnings going in to a house fund for the same. The roomies would only be able to access it for the house if thats feasible. Just some ideas. Now I go rest my head...LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

A house tip jar is a very interesting idea, I guess one issue with this is where you have several roomies working their socks off and one or two that rarely contribute to running the house.

Perhaps an idea that could be worked on for the wiki? Also eventually this is something that someone could make via custom content - particuarly when one day, we may be able to add script/code to objects.

Polly

22. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All I am asking is for minor adjustments to repair costs and the food like I stated previously. I know myself if I went in a place that charges a fee to eat I would probably go somewhere else

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't see what is so terrible about charging food at cost. I would happily pay the cost of the food I eat. I don't see why someone else should take the costs of feeding me.

If everyone was doing this, nobody would bat an eye and it would become the norm in game. Its only because we've had everything handed to us on a plate for free for so long (quite literally) that its hard to be brave and make a change.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]
    I agree Polly i would love to see lots charging for food again but i also know the newbies can't afford often the measly $3, but what if we did something to the effect of keep buffet out and lock HC up into a kitchen locked room? This way we don't starve them and we get a lil help from the players who eat the HC. Just a suggestion, heck ill try it out in game.

23. Players could stop trying to buy success and start playing smart instead. For example:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree w/ the lavish spending to make the house look great... But i rarley see that in most houses that i frequent.... But that doesnt include the cost of repair for a piano that alone is 1600+ to fix.... Is there a cheaper piano out there ?

W/ the Door pay... I think that is a great Idea.... But that should also be posted on the House Bio..... There are many times im running the sims that dont carry money on them ..... It doesnt take long to go and make a jam to cover the cost..

24. I understand what your saying however a business must cater to the customer or guess what's gonna happen. All I am asking is for minor adjustments to repair costs and the food like I stated previously. I know myself if I went in a place that charges a fee to eat I would probably go somewhere else. Pizza and Code are hot right now. It's whats making people money and it's also fun to play. To repair these objects costs an arm and a leg. Even tables when they break can cost over $100 each times however many broke. They seem to break in batches. I am not trying to get rich as a matter of fact hosting is not a get rich scheme. It's done by people who like other people. It's what I enjoy to do and one of the reasons I play.

I actually enjoy the way the game is now. It reminds me of the old days. I believe it has brought people back together.
    I agree ... 100%

except what about the sims you bring in that dont have money because you may keep it on your main sim........ and or trying to save up for your own lil get away home ?

25. Hey Garrett...you are one of the best host that Ea Land has to offer. Before someone throws in here "TIP TIP TIP" and tring to repair certain things IS outrageous. I think that EA should look at some of these busy places and pay you all a bonus compared to the amount of visitors becasue you are the ones that is making it possible to earn most of the simoleans we have. Not everyone works or sells anything and it only makes since..Im there everyday so when your on, I will give you the money o fill the fridge every few days. Just to help out a little
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I agree .... I dont you Garrett.... but what ive heard ... I would be incline to come and give ya some money too..... Im a lil bit busy skillin my sims so i can make some money.... But i do pizza here and there..... so ill come see ya sometime.... Just to help keep ya going strong .....

26. Jackie, he's a roomie, Not the owner!!! Garrett...what I do is put the broken items that are costly , in a room that is not used by the guest. I pull them items out when the repair dude gets there

What diff does it make if he isnt the owner..... As i said previously ... He sounds like a great host..... Its people like him that have guest coming back .... If it werent for him ..... There wouldnt be a great house to come and make money at.....

27. Since this "game" is little more than a glorified chat room, I find it hard to believe that one should be forced into having their type of fun - hosting in this case - done stategically. If you are a roomie you have little choice in what objects the owner and other roomies put out on the lot. Since these items break often and in groups and with some item-owners not logging in for weeks, I can understand the repair costs coupled with food costs can soon mount to where it is hard to keep up with. Even a repairman isn't around 24/7. Sure you could take the broken items, hide them in a secluded room for the repairman to fix and replace them in the meantime IF you can afford to but who wants to consistantly be bothered with switching these items around at the rate they break? And to do this when you are already busy enough tending to the guests is just foolish on the part of the games design, not the paying player who is trying to enjoy the game in their own way. The majority of hosts, the OP included (try going to his house and seeing for yourself how exceptionally well he does before assuming this post is about the "money") do this for the enjoyment. If repair and other costs are so high that hosts go broke and cannot afford to host anymore and move out because of it, where is the fun for them exactly?

It is no surprise to anyone that people flock to the prettiest places with the most to offer. So any ideas that people will hang around a lot that offers low-end greening or charges a fee at this point is just wishful thinking. This is also in the games design - some items just offer much better greening than others and unless everyone starts charging for stuff then it just won't work. Perhaps in the future when EA Land gets going things will change. But for now, other than the CC, there is little that has changed in the way we can play or enjoy the game. This is beta afterall and everyone's opinion and imput should be considered.

Stay safe,

Bella
    Guess its no suprise now huh? I agree 100%
    ------------------------------------------------------

LOL sorry guys... I read each post and gave my imput ... Rest asure Im done reading and posting for now ....

28. <blockquote><hr>

I would like to see as one of the unannounced special tweakings that players with high mechanic skills have drastically lowered repair costs every once in awhile.

And because that isn't something that would spread rapidly by word of mouth if it only lasted a couple of hours, I think it would be nice if the period of special player repair costs lasted a few real life days or had a notification method to the players - maybe a letter through house ownership or straight to the "master mechs" themselves - that would let them know of the fluctuation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the time I do repairs whether it be at or another house I may be at, Take bookcases for an example. I cost maybe 2$ so I start clicking around and usally make all the repairs. Same goes for the toilet and showers. If I do see a broken crafted computer though, I don't touch it because even with maxed Mech, it still cost $667, That's when I place the item in an empty roomie or inventory. Another good way to save is whrn the repair dude gets there, I put it back in place and then click on it andd have the repairman do it. If you do this with all the expensive items you cam dismiss him and save a few buxs

29. <blockquote><hr>

Jackie, he's a roomie, Not the owner!!! Garrett...what I do is put the broken items that are costly , in a room that is not used by the guest. I pull them items out when the repair dude gets there

What diff does it make if he isnt the owner..... As i said previously ... He sounds like a great host..... Its people like him that have guest coming back .... If it werent for him ..... There wouldnt be a great house to come and make money at.....

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't what I was referring to about him being the host. It was about the owner who has all these expensive items in the home that break all the time. And there's not much a host can really do about it except to talk to the owner. I dunno, how much it will help. If you take them and place them out of the general mentioned before, you can bring them back out after the repairman has arrived.
    Best of luck Garrett.

30. Guest

Guest Guest

And your attitude is just as unacceptable to me....this is not a "glorified chat room"....Yahoo with a lovely screen saver is a 'glorified chatroom', this is a game...the game may not be as high intensity as WoW, but it is a *game* none the less!

It has goals...common ones, as well as individual ones:
    *Create an income flow thru working money objects or a job.
    *Maximize skills to increase cash flow or craft with.
    *Build a house of your own or with others.
    *Find friends.
    *Get visitors to your house.
    *Complete a job track...or all of them.
    *Find rare pets, collect rare objects.
    *Keeping our Sim alive and healthy.

Some people do better at those goals than others, and that is the whole point of my post. If we want to succeed at achieving the game goals in the *new* game, then we have to start treating it like a game. No more payouts, no more shortcuts to easy money, no more lazy follow the leader in decorating.

And it does not require any less attractive items to achieve it. As I pointed out in the Game Advise post, The black piano does not increase the amount or rate of creativity we skill....and the fun factor (does *not* affect room score) is not that big, between the three pianos...especially considering that most houses have computers, TV's and pool tables which provide better fun than any of them for their guests to green up on.

And showers.....what is so much more attractive in the silver shower that makes it worth 3+ times the green one?
    Showers:
    Silver shower -§1771, Hygiene = 10, Room =2
    Green shower -§402, Hygiene = 8, Room = 2

These are the types of strategic choices I am talking about.....people actually thinking about the cost vs. benefit ratio of the furnishings they chose, rather than just buying the most expensive one they can find...or what everyone else has!

As to food....a player with high cooking skill can make burgers that fill as much as home cooked....with just a bar-b-que. Which is way cheaper than a black fridge, stove, dishwasher, trash compactor, food processor and all the necessary cabinets.

This is not the old game....and the old tried, true and calcified ways of playing will not work very well in this game. Think outside the box, break out of your rut, and get creative.....and smart!

And welcome to EA-Land. [​IMG]

31. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I agree w/ the lavish spending to make the house look great... But i rarley see that in most houses that i frequent.... But that doesnt include the cost of repair for a piano that alone is 1600+ to fix.... Is there a cheaper piano out there ?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes.<blockquote><hr>

W/ the Door pay... I think that is a great Idea.... But that should also be posted on the House Bio..... There are many times im running the sims that dont carry money on them ..... It doesnt take long to go and make a jam to cover the cost..

[/ QUOTE ]That's a good point. Nobody would expect a pay door on a lot, so some warning should be posted. Perhaps a CC sign posted by the door itself would help supplement the warning, particularly for those who don't read house bios.

32. DGLita

DGLita Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Or.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what your saying however a business must cater to the customer or guess what's gonna happen . All I am asking is for minor adjustments to repair costs and the food like I stated previously. I know myself if I went in a place that charges a fee to eat I would probably go somewhere else. Pizza and Code are hot right now. It's whats making people money and it's also fun to play. To repair these objects costs an arm and a leg. Even tables when they break can cost over $100 each times however many broke. They seem to break in batches. I am not trying to get rich as a matter of fact hosting is not a get rich scheme. It's done by people who like other people. It's what I enjoy to do and one of the reasons I play.

Garrett Silverhair

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it in one Garret - A Business.
    Skill and money houses need to be run as a business, not as a charity.

Put in a pay door, charge for food, make it work for you. And as for high repairs costs, well thats as a result of the flood of bullet train stock. That bargain silver shower you picked up for $150, actually cost $6000 in the city it came from. Repair prices are based on the ORIGINAL buy price.

33. Guest

Guest Guest

*just hitting reply*

I keep seeing all kinds of people talking about charging to food, etc, but i have yet to see it implemented. My roomie and i just started a house and dabbled with the idea of charging but at this point it would be house suicide because noone would come if they could get it elsewhere for free. If we are gonna start charging for these services we provide then we need to get it together and do it! EA isnt going to lower the prices of things, but honestly even as payouts stand we are doing quite well so people should be able to afford to pay for some food! [​IMG]

34. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

That bargain silver shower you picked up for $150, actually cost $6000 in the city it came from. Repair prices are based on the ORIGINAL buy price.

[/ QUOTE ][​IMG]

I hadn't even considered that!

35. DGLita

DGLita Guest

<blockquote><hr>

*just hitting reply*

I keep seeing all kinds of people talking about charging to food, etc, but i have yet to see it implemented. My roomie and i just started a house and dabbled with the idea of charging but at this point it would be house suicide because noone would come if they could get it elsewhere for free. If we are gonna start charging for these services we provide then we need to get it together and do it! EA isnt going to lower the prices of things, but honestly even as payouts stand we are doing quite well so people should be able to afford to pay for some food! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats your house called, Ill be over.

36. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Or.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what your saying however a business must cater to the customer or guess what's gonna happen. All I am asking is for minor adjustments to repair costs and the food like I stated previously. I know myself if I went in a place that charges a fee to eat I would probably go somewhere else. Pizza and Code are hot right now. It's whats making people money and it's also fun to play. To repair these objects costs an arm and a leg. Even tables when they break can cost over $100 each times however many broke. They seem to break in batches. I am not trying to get rich as a matter of fact hosting is not a get rich scheme. It's done by people who like other people. It's what I enjoy to do and one of the reasons I play.

Garrett Silverhair

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if the same trick that keeps the maid on a property 24/7 (hiding a dirty plate or newspaper) would work similarly to keep the repairman on the lot 24/7 (hiding a broken object so that it doesn't affect room score anywhere, and that he doesn't have access to. Barring that, I REALLY think that at the very least they need to make the repairman available around the clock, because Garrett is right, the cost of repairing stuff, even with high mech, is prohibitive, and 'playing strategically' won't work if you're not talking about greening objects but instead are talking about group money objects since there are no 'cheap' ones of those.

I also agree with Garrett that we're past the point of being able to charge a flat fee for food if you want to be popular. That's the fault of the players, as I made note of in another thread, and had the changes been made a year or two ago, it might be working by now, but now, 5 years into the game for so many players, they are just not gonna put up with being charged for food knowing that the houses that want to get high up on the list are gonna eat the cost of food to get there. Many of those same players will place more money in a tip jar than is the cost of what they eat, too though, if nothing more than the effort of making up for sims who refuse to tip at all, which there is no excuse for. We're *all* poor, so nobody has the excuse of *not being able to afford it* when everybody else around them can. If a sim can't afford it by now, then they are not spending enough time in money lots, at a sim job, or doing anything that makes money, or they are doing what they want to do instead of what is most effective to make the most money in a short amount of time, which now with the way the economy is set up, the latter is a necessity....a sim cannot just fixate on one activity anymore and expect to be successful, or to even be able to pull one's own weight, nor can they continue to only think about themselves and what is going to make them happy, and screw the rest of the community. That isn't gonna cut it anymore.

37. By the way Gilly, I did not think it necessary for you to insult me by stating that my attitude is unacceptable to you. All I stated was that your answer was unacceptable to myself and many others. Your answer...not you. I did not say anything about your attitude! And I'm going to assume you were quoting several different posters in your reply to me because I did not once call TSO/EALand a "Glorified Chat Room".

While my opinions of this game will remain the same, as will your answers, there is still the problem this game has with many complaints from paying customers and no solutions on the horizon.

Lag has been excessive lately, even in houses that only have 2 or 3 people in it. Just tonight, for example, I got booted twice from game and was stuck at 50% load more than once, when trying to go to a store (to buy some of those lesser priced items you referred to) but alot of good that did when I couldn't land and ended up on desktop. (with no error message to even give me a clue to what happened).

And while I understand that the devs are working to try to fix these things and make things better, it doesn't make the frustration that your customers have any less. And it most certainly doesn't make the situation better when everyone is given the same "stock" answers over and over again.

38. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm a founder, too, but didn't leave the game. Already paid my dues over the past five years. Bad enough they took my money away, but hey -- what can ya do? Now objects are gonna start breaking? When folks have no money? So it kind of IS like they wiped our objects, too, if the darn things don't work anymore.

(And you can't sell your stuff back and buy cheaper stuff, gimmie a break. They got rid of that option)

I don't recall having this problem in Second Life. Sure they might charge you for a texture upload here and there, but you can build your own furniture for free, without "skilling" or "making money" for a few months first.

I agree with whomever said they need to have the economy centered around players, not EA's bank account.

Because without players, the revenue stream goes "poof".

But what do I know. Maybe a There-style "pay-as-you-go" economy will work for this user-base. Me, I woulda gone with a Guild Wars-style "one payment and you're done" option and then marketed the hell out of it and kept the SIMS online name (how can you not leverage such a successful franchise?). But that's just me.

Now watch I'll get the usual flood of "Grrr go play SL" posts for pointing out a design flaw. Which is always so much more effective than actually making a point.

p.s. And when "the game" first came out, in Beta, it WAS touted as not a game, but the first incarnation of The Metaverse. So folks who got into it for that reason have every right to speak up when the competition-obsessed act like their way is the only way to play this "game" "You dip the way you wanna dip, I'll dip the way I wanna dip" lol

39. Jackie, he's a roomie, Not the owner!!! Garrett...what I do is put the broken items that are costly , in a room that is not used by the guest. I pull them items out when the repair dude gets there

That wasn't what I was referring to about him being the host. It was about the owner who has all these expensive items in the home that break all the time. And there's not much a host can really do about it except to talk to the owner. I dunno, how much it will help. If you take them and place them out of the general mentioned before, you can bring them back out after the repairman has arrived.
    Best of luck Garrett.

In all reality of EAL... It isnt the owner who has these expenses only ... If we (everyone who plays EAL, owner, guest, and or roomie) all pitch in a little bit at a time... Remember a little goes a long way ...It is everyone's responsiblity ... I dont know about you ... But when im on a lot. Exspecially if I am there every day skilling my sims... If they need help to repair because the repair guys isn't there ... I will log in a sim w/ Mech and do the repairs myself ... If i can afford it... Sometimes no matter how much mech my sim may have it doesnt matter, I cant afford to fix some things.... They go above and beyond my pockets... But I do personally try and help... It is only right if we want to make this work for everyone included..... (the roomies, owner and guest ) Everyone needs to help and pitch in a lil at a time .... Maybe EA will help us down the line sometime, but until then we need to stick together and help each other out, Even if it is the littlest thing such as fixing the bookcase at $14 w/ no mech ... I do it , Ive seen several others do it ... LOL one time a guest and I brought in our "mech" sim to help ..... Now if we can do it , are there others out there that will help our community flourish ?

40. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Or.....

[/ QUOTE ][​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 'strategizing' on how to make your budget fit your lifestyle is as important as how many guests you squeeze in or how many 'skill points' you gain in 24/7.

It's part of the game that's been lost for a long time.

41. Guest

Guest Guest

Players can compete with the repairman. There is a way in game to repair items for free. I will ask someone at Town Hall if it is meant to be that way or not. If so I will post how to do it. Many people are aware of it and I believe I brought this up to a dev before. I would hate to post an exploit tho. LMAO not like it would break the game. I asked Parizad about this at Town Hall. She said it would not be an exploit. You can do repairs on a res lot. I can think of a way to make money off of that. If I could not make it doing anything else.

ETA: I do agree the repair fees need to be drastically lowered. Maybe a set amount per object? idk It costs more to repair the expensive items. With the dynamic pricing everything we have is expensive.

42. <blockquote><hr>

Players can compete with the repairman. There is a way in game to repair items for free. I will ask someone at Town Hall if it is meant to be that way or not. If so I will post how to do it. Many people are aware of it and I believe I brought this up to a dev before. I would hate to post an exploit tho. LMAO not like it would break the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like an exploit.....unless you sucker some player into fixing them and then just don't reimburse him for the cost?

But there are suggestions on the wiki about creating special occupations...if folks are interested, there are many 'suggestions' listed there.

**Suggestion for Stratics folks..since the merge is almost a fete comple....we should be looking on towards the future.....maybe once a week say on Monday morning, maybe pick a suggestion and bring it here for discussion for the week? Maybe if we start chit chatting about ideas for the game...it'll get some minds off of the 'other stuff'.

43. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't buy cheap items. I think they are a waste of good money. If you go shopping you can find good items for a great price, that have been brought over in merges and moves. I just save for as long as it takes to get what I want. You can't sell anything back to EA so why buy something that will not make you happy in the long run.

After everything has been merged, maybe the devs will look at the prices of objects. Until then there is no point. Every merge changes the amount of items in the economy therefore changing the price in the catalog due to dynamic pricing.

44. Guest

Guest Guest

How many simoleans have you given away since EA Land opened? I can't believe you want EA to foot the bill for feeding your guests. Shouldn't that be the concern of each individual player? Where their next meal will come from. Too many slackers in this game. Too many people catering to them.

45. <blockquote><hr>

How many simoleans have you given away since EA Land opened? I can't believe you want EA to foot the bill for feeding your guests. Shouldn't that be the concern of each individual player? Where their next meal will come from. Too many slackers in this game. Too many people catering to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, you've got me a bit nogginfogged for sure.

Not sure what 'strategy' has to do with 'charity'? And I think I'm more than aware that everything is still in it's 'tweaking' stage.

That's why I"m being a little more laid back right now.

But now I've got 8 sims per account....all in the same city. (OK Amnesty for me is pretty much going to making worrying about locks a mute point.)

We will have 8 sims....that means we can have each sim have a specialty. One sim to work fac jobs and make gnomes, a sim to work the restaurant and telemarket....one can be trained to teach....etc....you get the idea.

Object strategies are the same....if I can't afford to fix the black grands...I don't buy them. If I have a bunch of pianos sitting around and no guests....I place them in my inventory instead of leaving them out on the lot.

If something is broken, I pick it up until it's time for the repair guy. Then I put everything in one place for the repairguy. That way he doesn't have to walk around looking for it.

I've found it nice in TC3 that when I'm ready to buy nicer stuff, I just hand off the 'cheaper' stuff to needy sims or I pawn them off to crafters coming in so they can salvage them. You'd be surprised how happy poor crafters are to get free stuff to smash.

Would you believe that I have the very same buffett with the very same food on it from when TC3 first opened? If someone says they want buffett, I set it out...they get a plate...and then I put it back. (That food is almost a year old in a few months. LMAO)

But there isn't a single person that has left my lot and said they couldn't get a meal or that anything was broken. And I'm a sloucher...I work when I want to work.....an hour jamming here or there and then I'm back to simming again for the week.

I'm as happy as a lark. Though I am trying to set more realistic hours to play sims. I've been going every waking free moment playing sims for years. I've actually felt more relaxed playing and not feeling like I 'had' to be on to give the cities a body count.

46. Paulina

Paulina Guest

Well said dutch. And when are we going to go shopping together? Did you ever get those plaid green chairs? LOL

47. Claudia - you are the type of guest that makes people enjoy hosting so much...but unfortunately the "helpers" in this game are far and few between. But I honestly appreciate guests like you and wish we had more of them.

Teddie

48. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, you've got me a bit nogginfogged for sure.

Not sure what 'strategy' has to do with 'charity'? And I think I'm more than aware that everything is still in it's 'tweaking' stage.

That's why I"m being a little more laid back right now.

But now I've got 8 sims per account....all in the same city. (OK Amnesty for me is pretty much going to making worrying about locks a mute point.)

We will have 8 sims....that means we can have each sim have a specialty. One sim to work fac jobs and make gnomes, a sim to work the restaurant and telemarket....one can be trained to teach....etc....you get the idea.

Object strategies are the same....if I can't afford to fix the black grands...I don't buy them. If I have a bunch of pianos sitting around and no guests....I place them in my inventory instead of leaving them out on the lot.

If something is broken, I pick it up until it's time for the repair guy. Then I put everything in one place for the repairguy. That way he doesn't have to walk around looking for it.

I've found it nice in TC3 that when I'm ready to buy nicer stuff, I just hand off the 'cheaper' stuff to needy sims or I pawn them off to crafters coming in so they can salvage them. You'd be surprised how happy poor crafters are to get free stuff to smash.

Would you believe that I have the very same buffett with the very same food on it from when TC3 first opened? If someone says they want buffett, I set it out...they get a plate...and then I put it back. (That food is almost a year old in a few months. LMAO)

But there isn't a single person that has left my lot and said they couldn't get a meal or that anything was broken. And I'm a sloucher...I work when I want to work.....an hour jamming here or there and then I'm back to simming again for the week.

I'm as happy as a lark. Though I am trying to set more realistic hours to play sims. I've been going every waking free moment playing sims for years. I've actually felt more relaxed playing and not feeling like I 'had' to be on to give the cities a body count.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL not really sure what your talking about. Where is the strategy in feeding the masses for free and wanting money from EA to do it?

Maybe you misunderstood my whole post?

49. Guest

Guest Guest

LOL what did she mean? What was the point of the post?

50. BellaofCats

BellaofCats Guest

Your reply to Hunter G: "How many simoleans have you given away since EA Land opened? I can't believe you want EA to foot the bill for feeding your guests. Shouldn't that be the concern of each individual player? Where their next meal will come from. Too many slackers in this game. Too many people catering to them."

Your reply to Dutch America: "LOL not really sure what your talking about. Where is the strategy in feeding the masses for free and wanting money from EA to do it?

Maybe you misunderstood my whole post?"

And maybe you misunderstood the OP's post? Hunter G/Garrett said "All I am asking is for minor adjustments to repair costs and the food like I stated previously."

Where, exactly, in that sentence did you get the idea he wanted EA to feed the "masses" for free or "foot the bill"?

Got to love it when people twist around another's post and then point the finger.

Safe travels,

Bella