1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A Prediction re: the current URL situation

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cogniac, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

In the guild gump there is a field in which to enter the url of your guild website or guild forums. This then appears in your guild listing on UO.com. Many, if not most, guild websites and guild forums have banner ads.

I give it a week until we see reports of people getting suspended and banned because griefers are searching the UO.com guild listings for guilds with links to sites with banner ads and paging on the guildmasters.

2. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Well i can say this: If anything good comes from this mess it will be a change to the rules. All those griefers who think they are hurting players by reporting URLs will only cause them to either blindly follow this rule and drive the few last good players out or force them to make changes to the rule which will be good for everyone.

I really wish they would stop catering to people who are destroying this community.