1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A Prophecy

Discussion in 'UHall' started by hawkeye_pike, Oct 28, 2008.

1. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Once again, a great patch will go public, and Stratics forums will be spammed by people who are whining, complaining, cursing, badmouthing, slamming.

I've been on TC for 2 hours and liked what I saw. I especially like the effort and ideas the Dev Team still puts into UO. Those changes may have the one or the other flaw (every system has), but in general they are very well thought out and will enhance our gameplaying experience a lot.

Keep going, UO-Team! :thumbup1:

P.S.: Criticism is always a good thing, as long as it is constructive and isn't insulting. We all should keep that in our minds.

2. What little time I spent on TC the last couple days was good for me as well. While I didn't get into the heavy battles, it was interesting enough to make me smile.

3. a slave girl

Stratics Veteran

"...a great patch..."

If it's really "great" then we won't have anything to complain about will we?

4. Overall I have liked what I have seen on TC and on Origin, the only little thing I saw that would be nice is to slap a rubber band on the GY spawn so when folks recall out the spawn remains at the GY area.

5. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm curious as to how you balance these two statements, given your own personal criticism about the posts that are likely to follow in response to this coming Patch/Publish.
    Yes. Yes we should. And it should begin by eliminating the words "whining, comp;aining, cursing, badmouthing, slamming." Particularly since a complaint is what most criticism starts with.

Remember that just because something fills your ideals for UO, it doesn't mean that it fits everyone's.

6. Are you kidding? This is UHall.

If there wasn't ANYTHING AT ALL to complain about, someone would complain that they had to wait for the patch to finish, just so they COULD complain.

You're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy....:gun:

7. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

We had a saying in the Navy which applies. "If they aren't complaining (we used a stronger term), they aren't happy."

Although, the initial "prophecy" is about the same as predicting that the sun will come up in the morning. It doesn't matter what happens in game, people will complain about it here.

(By the way, I went to TC as well, and LOVE the new content)

8. kinney42

kinney42 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

lol I went to TC a few days ago to see the Lich think at glow. I spent 2 hours trying to make a suit with 100% lrc and good resists. Got all resists to 60+ and headed to the lich.
    Found it, it instantly targeted me, teleported me to it, killed me in 1 hit, and took 2 of my insured armor pieces.
    Needless to say I left test center and gave my computer screen the finger.

9. D'Amavir

D'Amavir Guest

I think, minus the faction items, that this could be one of the better patches in a long long time. The new quests are both enjoyable and limited in scope. They don't grant people that run them over and over with alt after alt any items that cause a balance issue. Just deco stuff mostly.

I haven't seen a lot of the loot from the invasion creatures but I hope that they aren't something too nasty that will just end up making things worse yet again. But for the quests themselves, I can say I am a fan.

10. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Balance....phhht, for wimps, there is no balance in life.....

And there will be whiners and crybabies....always is.

Devs did a good job and need to ignore the negative BS on stratics, constructive criticism can come in a polite form as well.....the boo-hooing makes the player seem very, very immature.

later