1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A proposition for all that hate Trammel...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Shinobi, Jan 2, 2011.

?

Please read the first post before voting.

1. Yes, make it now and I'll join.

9.8%
  2. It's a good idea, but it's not for me.

22.0%
  3. No, I don't like the idea.

68.3%
  1. Shinobi

Shinobi Guest

What if I make a guild on each shard that allows access to anyone, and emissary status to everyone? The hardcore players who despise Tram, and want it gone, will have their wish. It won't be like the old days of course, but it's the closest you'll get without going to a deserted Siege. Sure, there will still be insurance, but there will also be PvP in all areas. Fights will break out in Luna, and all over UO. All areas of the game will be fun, and bank sitting will decrease in popularity.

Of course, i don't expect EVERYONE to join. This is just for those players who would enjoy nullifying Trammel to an extent. If it gets large enough, it could become like a small shard within a shard. Anyone not wanting to leave/disband their guild, can have their guild allied.

Please vote on whether you like this idea or not. And PLEASE, only vote if you are a player who despises Trammel, and not someone who doesn't even enter red gates.

2. Skrag

Skrag Visitor

I don't think people will give up their existing guilds.

3. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

4. Shinobi

Shinobi Guest

Simple, I can ally the guild.

5. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If you wanted to make Trammel more like Felucca as far as flagging and that kind of thing goes, you wouldn't ally everyone.

You would declare war on everyone. Otherwise fun things like field spells and area effects won't work properly.

6. Shinobi

Shinobi Guest

You still flag if your guildy attacks you. They appear grey just as they would in Fel.

7. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Or everyone come to Siege Perilous and there is no trammel! *gasp*

8. Shinobi

Shinobi Guest

This is for people who have established chars/gear/etc on prodo shards and don't feel like starting over.

9. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What Farsight means is certain spells and situations don't work right against guildies. It isn't "real" PvP, so to speak.

But to address OP, Factions, in the perfect world, would provide that escape. It doesn't in full, but that should be a goal in 2011.

10. Elden of Baja

Elden of Baja Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Just Fix Fel.

No Guard Zones
    THATS WHY YOU HAVE TRAMMEL SAFETY, STAY THERE
    If you do anything more than swing your weapon (Special/Shuriken/Explo Pot/Spell/ command a pet) at someone who flagged on you, you cannot recall or Enter A House. <- really annoying on chesse right now. Have to kill everyone in there house.

11. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Lemme know how this works out...

*toilet flushes*

12. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Yep, it will only cost you 140,000 silver to replace your faction arties if you die! Or less depending on if the person(s) ransom demands...:scholar:

13. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Shinobi, it sounds as if you are bored. Is it that difficult to find a mark these days? Imbuing sort of put a damper on the *psst...put your item in this bag and use an axe on it to make it uber*? :hug:

14. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It is a great idea.

Expanding on this idea... isnt it ironic that all the 1998 fanbois had to do was to form a guild and everyone in it all agree to only use npc purchased items, not use insurance and stay in Trammel.

15. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

This thread has been cleaned up a bit. Stay topical and play nice.

16. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

well, again...in the right situation this might be a good idea...however placing a thieves guild at the center of any organization only leads to trouble.

17. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

meh...ur always killing my post counts. :yell:

18. Shanna

Shanna Guest

Instead of giving up my beloved guild, I wish there was an option you can turn on that will allow your toon to play by the Fel ruleset in trammel and other such areas.

Of course such an option would be abuse to some degree if it's continually switchable but it's a concept, right?

19. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

I assume that not everyone in the guild would like that, otherwise the current guilds would already war each other instead of going red and remove themselves the access to the other lands.
    I doubt that it'll work, but try it. And ask people why they don't want to join you if they don't, so you have a feedback. Maybe make a thread or something for feedback to see how it goes.

20. Aragon100

Aragon100 Guest

And in what way does this make up for AoS changes? You know the changes that ruined UO.

Noone of the classic shard supporters would be interested in OP:s or yours idea. Both is totally uninteresting.

A real pre AoS classic shard is what is needed not some small changes created out of today UO. Today UO is uninteresting.

21. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Some of us live and work in Fel. We never left. Keep town guard zones.

22. ress me plz

ress me plz Guest

I don't like trammel, but No, I don't like the idea.

23. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Its not really all that hard if you want to fight ike in fel - GO to fel

What you are proposing will be butchered as you will either on purpose or inadvertenly guild someone who will just kill everyone even those just sitting at the bank.

Seriously PvP is a pathetic childish battleground for infantile inbiseles who whine when they die and gloat when they kill. Sadley that is 80% of the reason that true players have decided to leave fell to the children.

I am sorry that your theiving days have been abused away I once love to play a thief but now it is just scamming. It is the ONLY way to work a good mark up.

Nice idea but NO.

24. Babble

Babble Guest

Just point them to a freeshard, easier and less hassle

25. That's pretty much where it is headed...isn't it?

Less people playing UO = Less money coming in = bye bye UO. So yes...just "point us all to a freeshard"...good idea.

26. Shinobi

Shinobi Guest

Welp, regardless i have already started the guild. It seems (keyword) to be off to a good start. If you care to join, or you just hate me and want to kill me repeatedly, look for someone in The Province of Gun [GUN!] on Atlantic. Please keep the opinions coming, any feedback is appreciated.

27. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

i hardly ever give my 2 cents on these types of threads but on this one here it is

as someone else mentioned, FACTIONS could make this possible. And if they ever make factions attackable by other factions accross all the lands ill actually join a faction.

THe only downside is "what happens when u are in malas and hit that 5th murder count?" Simple, that player is instantly transported to YEW gate in Fel, id be down with that.

28. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I did not see the vote option for "Worst idea ever"

29. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

As much as i hate to say it, this will probably be the case eventually. The free shards will probably exist much longer than Mythic UO.

That being said, seems im one of the few who would put a character in a guild like this. Fel is a mess, ganking is pretty much the norm, hacking, gimp templates. A guild like this would just be fun, the "serious" pvpers probably would laugh at it and not join, so the pvp that would take place would be alot more fun and laid back. Heck id put a character of it.

30. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I don't like the idea out of two reasons:

1. It will fail cause nobody would join.
    2. It is a useless workaround for a messed up Trammel/Felucca system.

I don't understand your whole approach in the first place. Instead of convincing guilds to join a centralized alliance system, it would be easier to convince them to just move to Felucca if they wanted PvP. But they won't.

The point is that you cannot undo the damage that was done by the Trammel/Felucca split. Every approach like your suggestion or a classic shard has one flaw: It brings back the even bigger flaws of unconsensual PvP: Mass murdering and griefing without consequence.

The whole PvP system is flawed and would have to be overhauled with a completely new concept where PvP is possible, but also has a consequence. Nobody from EA/Mythic is going to dare and touch this, because they all are afraid they will lose a lot of veteran players, no matter how good the new system would be.

UO has turned into a Trammel SIMS game, and the handful of PvPers who still live in Felucca don't make a difference. If you wanted to change the game in such a way, you'd have to accept the loss of the SIMS players (the majority), make a fresh start and hope that new players who like a certain amount of risk and challenge join UO. Nobody's going to take that risk. Why? Because such players have already left for other games, and they're not going to come back to a game with graphics from the past millenium.

31. Just Do It

Just Do It Visitor

:scholar:

32. Aragon100

Aragon100 Guest

Agree, and i cant understand why EA/Mythic refuse to take in subscription money from the veterans that left after trammel and AoS.

They left alot of potential subscription money over to the freeshards owners and i have to ask, why?

I believe they refused to take in millions of dollars from these subscribers if you count from trammel was introduced. Money these classic players would have loved to throw on a EA/Mythic classic shard.

What kind of business model is it to stubbornly avoid these subscriprions?

A pre-AoS shard is what they should prioritate.

33. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Strongly Agree. Im done posting here about the need for a classic shard, because i just think it will never happen. But yes it would be very good for UO. Really, i think the only reason EA keeps UO going is so they have claim to the oldest mmorpg. The money UO makes probably just pays for EAs paper coffee cups :p

Really wish there was at least one, maybe a few "classic shards" tho. But this isnt even really a thread for that.

Like i said, sure id join Shinobi's guild for the reasons i said, even if it would probably fail.

34. Hey are the shinobi on atlantic that brags of making huge bets for gold and dupes players into joining a guild only to steal there stuff?

I remember seeing a shinobi characture on atlantic bragging how he duped a player out of a statue. Bragging what a world class theif he is.

My comment is only addressed toward the name. If your not a theif character, I have the wrong player.

Just wondering with the idea of creating a guild and all that?

35. ohmyGED

ohmyGED Visitor

Pfffffffft......it's nice to be a thief and have access to multiple guilds / alliances.....

*smiles*

36. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Just kind of make it like Warhammer and what UO used to have. A new Order vs Chaos shard.

37. sure, good idea. No one will join because they are afraid.

People won't accept or maintain guild wars either because they're scared.

I'll join or ally or war your guild on any server that I have a character with a suit (that isn't already in a guild that actively pvps on felucca). Wow that's a lot of exceptions.