1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A proposition. KoC, TnT, JSV.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Speedy Orkit, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

As we all know, the faction changes will be coming out in about 3 weeks. HOTL, fey legs, RBC, etc will be worth almost nothing to us. A HOTL for instance is I believe 3k silver, the equivalent of about 30-50k gold. I know many of us have these items currently and very few use them. Our once 1-2m suits will now be worth 100-200k. Why not use these items rather than horde them if we will be using enhanced items anyway? It will add a bit more risk to the field as well as harder opponents all around. I'll be running full arti suits up until this point stocked to the brim. If anyone else is interested in doing this no need to post, or reply, etc, just do it. I know we've all thought about how our horded items will become useless, so why not?

A note though: Before running your sammy helms/ember legs/quivers, attempt to turn them in. I bought around 40 sammy helms and 2 were old school, which pretty much meant I got 38 sammy helms for free.

2. Goron

Goron Guest

Dude, I run every arty I own...
    People accuse me of running crap gear- well, maybe if you guys would sell it back to me then I wouldn't be running out... I mean really, look how much shak had...

3. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Why would somone sell it back... we are evil faction... meaning we can use the ****... its not minax bound :)

4. Goron

Goron Guest

Well, if you want to continue hording items, than so be it.
    I personally think Speedy has a good idea but if you don't theres not much I can do about it.

5. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Agreed, which is what I would like to get away from. And you can't claim everyone is bad, I let you and Akaku 1v1 about a week ago, he got ya, and then even let you rez and loot :). I just don't see the reason to not be running these items, players like Krystal that I KNOW have tons of gold and items still run mostly GM equipment, when if she ran max HCI, DMI, LMC etc would be a much more enjoyable fight.

6. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Speedy, i've been out of the loop. Where did you find that HOTL's and such will be available for silver purchase? hook me up with a link if you could be so kind

7. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Um speedy most of the horders on siege are in KOC. look at shakaja **** and kage

8. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

TC 1...

the link to it is logging in...

This is going to be fantastic! Everyone can potentially run fantastic gear.

The previewed list we got a week ago in writing... is not the complete list...

9. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

For one I don't horde anything... I don't hardly have any items... lol ask anyone in my guild I blow all my gold on GT...

10. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Alright im gonna check it out, thanks Black Rain

11. Goron

Goron Guest

Well for starters hording items and letting people 1v1 has nothing to do with each other, and I never said you were bad in the first place anyways...
    I even publicly praised you for that occasion here:
    http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=926492&postcount=10

I will ALSO mention I was running a sammy helm in that fight, my last one to my name:) no hording for me. Unfortunately what you don't know is Preston popped out and looted it right before I got my body... leaving me with no sammy helm:-(

12. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I'm not making any correlation. I'm just trying to get people to use what will soon be worthless to them. I've always run good gear, it's why so many people have trouble killing me, 15SDI 60DCI and all 70s is hard to kill when you run 30HCI and GM armor.

13. Goron

Goron Guest

:-(
    I run 15sdi ~40dci (how u get urs so high?) sexy MR (cant remember exact) and all >65s and I have no problem dying on Goron:) you should try sucking more:scholar:

14. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Violet Courage
    My ring(1/2 15dci 10sdi)
    Shield - 10 dci
    Aegis - 20dci

There's 60DCI easy.

15. Goron

Goron Guest

Hmm... I am trying out RBC for my bless, so i cant do hotl (violet) :-/

And your ring is tasty (u bless?).

Now, call me a newb, but isn't the Aegis a shield? Or is there another Aegis item?

I suppose I should stop going for so much lmc and mr and try for more dci eh?

16. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Aegis of grace - 20dci 10 resist and poopoo resists. And yes I bless the ring

I usually run a set up like this...
    VC
    Aegis
    Ring
    Shield

Leaving me legs, gloves, sleeves, and gorget for LMC/MR. If you run RBC, substitute the VC for RBC and toss on fey leggings.

17. Goron

Goron Guest

hehe, which leads me back to the start of my problem: got none:)

aegis of grace- the hat... I forgot about that, I kept thinking of the shield AEgis:)

18. Roland'

Roland' Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

i wouldnt mind running decent items.... but if you hadnt noticed JSV is on the short-handed side most of the time. no one likes losing items cause you dont have enough back up to get remounted after a bola or archer.

19. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Welcome to Siege Prodolious... :sad4: