1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A question about creature summoning...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by snigneczi, Dec 31, 2008.

1. snigneczi

snigneczi Guest

I've discovered that using blade spirits has become a rather effective method of hunting and killing for me lately, and up until today was having great luck with it. But I've gotten a message several times today that I cannot summon anymore creatures as I "have too many followers." I know the limit any summoning of creatures is 5, but when using blade spirits today I've only been able to cast one and then keep the message about having too many followers. What the heck does this mean and how do I fix whatever problem this message is trying to tell me about? Help?!

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

blade spirit takes 2 slots. If you happen to be riding a beetle, that's the other 3 slots. ordinary mounts or ethys take 1 slot.

3. snigneczi

snigneczi Guest

I thought a mount might be causing probs, so I stabled my horse and have no other pets... the only thing that I can think of is that I've lost a couple pets, rather carelessly I'm afraid (LOL), that were purchased in blessed shrunken versions... up until today that's the only thing that's changed in line with any casting that I've been doing, (got tired of killing of regular horses)... could that be any part of this at all? Dismounted and by myself right now, I'm still only able to cast or summon one creature...

4. A mage should be able to summon two EVs or two BS, if afoot or mounted on a normal Horse, or enty mount. If you have any other pets in tow that will affect the summons.

5. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It will be interesting to see what the effect of the new 3 and 5 slot mysticism summonables will be. Those 1-slot spellweaving furies are amazing for the size of the skill point investment needed.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

if you're on foot, with no actual followers, and your stat bar doesn't show '0/5' I suggest you page a gm. Tell them:
    I have 'stuck follower slots', I currently have no pets out of the stable, no magically summoned creatures, am on foot and not riding an etheral but show ? followers. Please could you unstick it.

7. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You should wait a while first though - pets/summons/followers who are too far away won't show up in your followers list. And log out/in to check if that resets anything.