1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

a Question about ICQ if i may

Discussion in 'UHall' started by jack flash uk, Nov 20, 2009.

1. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 21, 2006
    every now and again i get an auth request and the message has )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) or some other crap, is this spam or some language filter option, ie am i ingornig potential customers here???
  2. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Ignore it I say. I get it every once in a while and when you open the message its like the wierd letters like éÜÉüàå§ and other stupid symbols. In fact last night I got a message from "12345" with weirdo letters for a message and I added it to my block list.
  3. pgcd

pgcd Guest

Non-latin encodings usually mean that whoever is sending has no idea of your encoding or simply doesn't care - russian and chinese spammer fit the bill very nicely.
  4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 24, 2005
    Yes I get these, Even if they were potential customers I can't speak that language so I tend to block them instantly.
  5. Serine

Serine Guest

I have my icq set so only i can add new people to icq . so i never get any request from unknown users .
  6. wrekognize

wrekognize Guest

Is there a way to turn off birthday notifications? I have yet to find this.
  7. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008
    I had this but it meant that when people tried adding me or messaging me about trades etc it didn't get through. Much easier just to block the spammers.
  8. I have gotten this too. Its a spammer, block and delete