1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A Question About Load Times

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Captn Norrington, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

Hiya, not sure if this is the correct forum to ask this in, but was wondering if this happens to everyone or just me. every time I've used Stratics for the last month or 2, It seems like everything takes an extremely long time to load, its been getting worse to, currently I have to click a thread 5+ sometimes 10+ times to get it to open, I click it, it trys to load for 4 seconds, then fails and I click again etc. this is the only website that does that on this computer, not sure if its normal, or if my computer just doesn't work well on this site for some reason.

If it is just my computer, anyone have any advice on how to speed it up a bit?

2. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

This happens to me too, even when I try to navigate away from a Stratics page to another site.

3. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It's been happening for months and months and months. It only happens on Internet Explorer. Either use a different browser or open every link in a new tab rather than trying to load it in the same one.

#3 Spiritless, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Captn Norrington likes this.
  4. Captn Norrington

now that i'm using something other than internet explorer everything is back to normal speed, thanks for the help :)

5. Surgeries

Surgeries Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

LOL...I just have to say...

How long has Internet Explorer been out? How many people, does one suppose, works/worked on Internet Explorer, altogether?

How long has it been tested?

And yet, given all the money, and man hours devoted to that program (and it really could be one guy, for all I know, all alone in a basement somewhere, frantically chewing gum and eating Popsicles, so he has the resources to hold the program together), they still have amazingly limited productivity, while compromising our security, all at the same time!! :)

I think our Dev Teams, past and present, deserve a round of applause. Seriously.

Just sayin'

:)

Captn Norrington likes this.
  6. Captn Norrington

Agreed, the dev team had done a fantastic job of running the game for so many years, especially with all these EA budget cuts and the constant firing of UO employees.