1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A question about placing a stone oven

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Dag Nabbit, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Dag Nabbit

Dag Nabbit Seasoned Veteran

I placed the classic Villa home and wanted to put a south facing stone oven in the NW corner on the first floor. It keeps getting blocked and I am getting the message "The targeted location has at least one impassible tile adjacent to the structure. Construction aborted. Please try again." I have no such trouble placing with the Hearth of the Home Fire in the same place, so I don't understand why I can't place the oven where the Hearth easily fits. Any tips on what I can do?

2. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

A stone oven cannot be placed where there is a roof tile above it, hearth of the home fire does not have this restriction.

Kayhynn likes this.
  3. Kayhynn

Kayhynn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

^^ This is what I've determined as well.

4. Dag Nabbit

But I was able to place the stone oven in the NW corner of the second floor. If I am understanding what you are saying, this shouldn't be able to happen, yeah?

5. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

It also depends on how close the roof tile is to the oven. If it is a slanted roof then the tile may have been high enough to allow placement. However, when trying to place on the first floor of a multilevel the floor tiles of the second floor will always be too close to the oven to allow placement. You have to leave out those two floor tiles when customizing your house to allow for placement of the oven. Since you used a classic style home you cannot customize it and must find a place inside which allows for placement of the oven, such as the second floor spot you described.

Dag Nabbit likes this.
  6. Dag Nabbit

Thanks for the info. It's too bad I can't place the oven on the first floor though. :(

7. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

UOOven.jpg

This was how I incorporated it into my house design. Notice I left the roof tiles out and put a border around the hole to give it the appearance of a short or possibly collapsed chimney.

Dag Nabbit and azmodanb like this.