1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A question about reforging with barbed kits

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by DJAd, Nov 4, 2012.

1. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I saved up some cash and decided to knock out a few armour pieces using reforging. I got the hang of the spined runics and managed to make a few parts with just a single over capepd mod (MR3, HPR 3 etc). I was then able to imbue on to these right nice and add any extra mods I wanted.

I then decided to give barbed kits a try. (On Test Center first). I did a few items with 2x chosen names, then some more parts with 2x chosen names but using a powerful charge.

After checking the items after I wasn't able to imbue any more properties onto any of the items I had just made. I understand this is normal as they are way over the 500 intensity.

My question is, does everyone always use powerful charge when using barbed runics? I wasn't able to add mods to normal made stuff or powerful stuff, so it got me thinking, why would you not use powerful?

Sorry if a dumb question, I only just got my head around imbuing and now want to learn about reforging as much as possible. :- )

2. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The only thing i can think of is if you use no powerful, maybe imbued resists/mods to 500 weight, then enhance.

3. Ganesh89

Ganesh89 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

if using barbed you usually do not want to imbue additional mods any more since it gives you way to many mods right from the start, therefore you want as much "intensity" i.e. use powerful reforging, as possible and hope to land a nice piece with high resist + usefull mods and then enhance with the forging tool

DJAd likes this.
  4. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

this :)