1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A question about the new publish expected next month

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Val Van Wolf, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Val Van Wolf

Val Van Wolf Seasoned Veteran

For those of you who have been reading about the publish, watching videos etc. is there anything in the publish that is likely to bring more players to Siege and keep them here? If there is, could you post about it here? Thanks in advance....

Another little question I might as well include in this post. Are there any houses in Siege where 2 are built in such a way that they appear to be one long house. If there are, let me know where to find them. I want to try something like that since there is so much room for placing.

OK, thats it....still training Garnet, but getting close...

2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Nope. I mean a big chunk of new content is bound to bring back old players who quit playing because they ran out of stuff to do (like myself) but that's not siege specific.

As for the chain houses, there are like 5 houses designed in that fashion in GIL territory. Location is in the area above the Brit/Yew/Skara x roads. There were some others too, but I don't know if they are still around.

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

No one in the testing phase is really allowed to discuss what is going on.

As far as bringing people to Siege, most UO players already have their minds made up as to what Siege is.
    Some believe it is nothing but a meat grinder. Like a Sam Peckinpah and Quentin Tarintino vs a litter of kittens.

Some claim Siege is a ghost town, a mere hollow reflection of it's "former glory".

Those of us that still play here know. What brings folks and keeps them is the community. There is all sorts of community here. *smiles*

There are many wonderful houses out there. Gilfane has some of the best and most ingenious houses (but not all) on the Shard. Dress light ;) and go look around.

4. MANSBETH

MANSBETH Seasoned Veteran

Yes ....there is a couple that I know of.
    Kelmo mentioned GIL and he is correct.
    I believe Morgan Ironfist has two houses that look like one...
    Lady Hoffs may also have spectacular plots/houses together.

They are something to see!

5. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

As we do not get new skills this time, that may help us keep the people we have now. We do get new mastery to the skills we already have but that should not make people want to make a new char to test it out.
    New Dino land is here as well as on normal shard, so that should not make players leave Siege unless they are to scared to test it in a PvP world. I believe the new land will be Trammel rules on normal shards as Devs fear adding new land with Fel rules. I wish they had the balls to changes route and add more PvP land. I could be wrong as I can only guess.

The crafting changes, stone working should not be effected of the ruleset, unless players get tired of script miners, here Siege should be their choice.

I really don't think the new public will effect us much, when it comes to new players, only if UO as whole get more players, we will too. We can only hope.

6. Gerbiler

Gerbiler Adventurer

The kittens could take Tarentino imo.

7. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Rawr !!

8. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I suspect they have the balls to do it, and the brains not to. Those who play the type of characters Chump Thumper plays would drive nearly every other non-pker type out of the new area right off the bat and the Devs would just wind up with a second land area to try and bait people into as they have to with fel since early 2000. More wasted coding time.

9. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Tanivar, you know we will never agree here :p

10. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Yep! :pie:

11. Synbad

Synbad Journeyman

Are the new tameables any good? Without divulging too much info :arr:

12. FrejaSP

Only Devs can tell you that, as we all have to wait for it hit TC in september.

13. Synbad

Synbad Journeyman

OK thanks

14. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

I sooo hope that some experienced Siege folks were accepted into the focus group to point out which adaptions have to be made for SP...however, my past experience tells me that there will be stuff on Siege that doesn't belong here after this expasion goes live...

15. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Hopefully if there is, it'll be a quality that adds another positive to the idea of moving to Siege from prodo. :)

16. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

or at least it'll come with cookies.