1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A question for the smart people, if there ever was such a person.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Ole Cheapy, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Hello, all, I have a pdf file that was converted from a jpeg file and I want to edit the text parts in the file. How do I edit the text parts only and get the program to automatically match the unique fonts in order for the fonts to match perfectly in the documents? Thank you in advance!

2. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

The jpg is likely just embedded into the pdf, so you can't. Your only option in that case would be to get an OCR program to convert it to actual text.

edit: Also, I sense some sort of forgery going on here :)

3. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

rofl why would you think that? I have OCR but when it recognizes the text it makes minor adjustments that are just not acceptable. How do I prevent it from modifying the original document?

4. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Ok this is just a scenario so please do not think I'm up to no good.... let's just assume that I saved a copy of my social security card and wanted to modify it in some way, not that I am, but just for the sake of assumption, how would I do that?

5. Daleth

Daleth Guest

Any way you can print the original and scan it but when it gives you the option what type of file to convert it to, don't pick pdf or whatever it is you dont want? Or just buy a really big crayon and get creative!!!!
    Just my stupid 5cents
    :twak:

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

OCR can only use the fonts that are on your hard drive, if you want to match the font exactly you'll have to install that font. I can't help further, I've no idea what the card looks like to make suggestions.

7. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

If you have an image and want to font match it you could try

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

I've had some success with that and some failures, but it may be worth a shot. :)

8. A pair of scissors and some white out? *shrugs*

Watch "The Fugitive" with Han Solo..oh wait he only made a hospital pass....too many cops who play here to let you into the secrets...shhhh :eyes: :p