1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

a question for the vets

Discussion in 'UHall' started by HOLLYWOOD_Siege, Jul 20, 2008.

1. HOLLYWOOD_Siege

HOLLYWOOD_Siege Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

i have been doing the quest in heartwood, the quest when iam turning in 10 tinker tools and ive gotten a scrappers recipe But, does that quest also drop runic saws or just recipes? Thanks :thumbsup::thumbsup:

2. Just recipes. No runics from any of the Tinkers, or Smith quests. The only quests that give runics are the Carpentry and Bowcrafting ones.

3. HOLLYWOOD_Siege

HOLLYWOOD_Siege Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

4. You're very welcome. Don't feel bad though. The Scrapper's recipe is one of those that some people never even see and can be sold for 2+mil. I've been doing the Bowcrafting quests for the past week and a half and after putting in somewhere around 35-40 hours worth of time, I've only gotten 5 Oak runics and 1 Yew runic.

5. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Don't forget carpal tunnel and tendinitis...

6. Eh, not when you use the "Make Number" and "Toggle as Quest Item" features available in KR. Makes for easy quest completion, along with letting you read Stratics in a reduced window while doing the quest at the same time. :thumbsup:

7. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

What's KR? :p Seriously though you're more patient than I am.

8. Right now, Heartwood quests is the only thing I use KR for. If it didn't crash every hour to hour and a half like clockwork I'd use it full time. At least in Heartwood I know there isn't a Balron about to gobble my character and don't have to worry about getting logged back in fast enough to save my butt.

I didn't have the issues that some had with downloading KR initially, and only 1 hiccup in getting it running, so don't have the bad experience that a lot of people had.

9. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Yep... KR is win for Heartwood crafting quests.

If you're just farming up recipes and talismen for turn in points, the tinker's tools is probably the best way. If you want the chance for the runic, have to go with footstools although it's a bit less resource friendly IMO due to the weight of the resources involved comparitively.