1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) A question of templates

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by Don't Tread on Me, May 24, 2012.

1. Don't Tread on Me

Don't Tread on Me Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Ok, I know that these things should to to UO Hall, but I value chessy input and all them can do their own thing. Yeah, nuff said.

So, I got a char and I'm tweaking his template here and there. The char is pvp based and I keep running into "well maybe this" issues. So, here's a chance for people to put in their 2 cents.

Current temp:
    120 Swords
    120 Arch (actually just transferred, training up, but will be 120)
    120 Heal
    115 Tact
    110 Bush
    81 Poison
    50 something med

So I HATE not having resist on the guy, but kinda like the poisoning. So for now, lets work with a non-resist dexxer and see what we can do. My ideas were 1) drop tact to 90, put bush to 120 (when i find a scroll) and put parry to 70. 2) same thing, but put enh pots to 70. 3) leave bush alone and put some anat on the guy.

I looked up the meditation and with good mana regen, it really doesn't do much. like .3 or .4 mana a second... maybe worth it, I dunno. I have some more ideas too, imbuing jewlery and the like, but I'd love to hear your thoughts. Readyyyyyy GO!

2. RL'S pker

RL'S pker Sage
    Stratics Veteran

when i played I had a template kinda like that. I don't know what items are in game these days, but I'll share my set up.

100 swords(120 with captain john hat)
    120 archery
    120 resist
    120 healing
    90 ninjitsu (120 with jewls)
    90 tactics
    80 poisoning

I know you were going the bushido route, but ninjitsu seems to go better on a nox template IMO. Shurikens were beast mode, and animal form paired with mirror images ftw!

I must admit though, I didn't play dexxers all that much. I mainly played my mages. Ninjitsu will keep you alive through a lot though. I know on my Grey Goose char it was always funny to be dismounted when you had attunement, and gift of renewal on. Then hit some mirror images, and animal form out of there. It drives people mad:)

3. Don't Tread on Me

Don't Tread on Me Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Grey Goose is (was I guess) a beast to kill! I like ninja too... use it on my normal archer dude, kinda need it as you say. I like what you say... and I LOVE that it has resist. Perhaps maybe I lean towards your old template. I like it! Though with faction arties being all f___ed up, it's harder to take things away from jewels being a poor sap like myself.

*rummages through things*

"where be me pirate hat?"

*rummages*

*writes nasty-gram to red dagger pirates for stealing hat*

Mirt likes this.
  4. Avo

Avo Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

*sits on his hat* there be no hat here matey! Just a poor pirate trying to make it in this world, with honest pillaging and looting...

Mirt likes this.
  5. Emma Silvermane

Emma Silvermane Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I think ur nuts tread !!! by the way where are u? u dropped off the face of the icq .. I thought i was the only one to do that .. look me up sometime we need to talk :) *hugs* hope all is well with you im still working on that suit for the new uo player in your family .. mirts still crunching the numbers hehehe

Mirt likes this.