1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A question on HCI and skill training

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Merus, May 16, 2015.

1. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

OK, so for skill training I get that you want to have the skill of what you are training on to be +/- 20ish skill compared to your character skill. The way I understand it, you do this in order to get around a 50% chance to hit based on skill vs skill.

So, would adding in HCI on suit pieces alter this rate and thus alter your skill gains chances? Or is the chance to gain solely a function of skill compared to skill and adding HCI would only help your skill gain by adding additional successful blows?

Part of the reason I ask is the inherent 5% HCI that the gargoyle race gets, so I am wondering if I need to scale my monsters a little differently than I did my elf.

2. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Weapon skill check is the only thing that does count for training weapon skill. Hci or dci does not matter, just hit or get hit.Found it always faster with a good amount of hci.

3. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Lore Keeper

I always use max HCI and seem to be done quickly.

4. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I always train with HCI. Usually because part of my healing regimen involves life leech... and thus I need to hit even while training.

5. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I always use max HCI and max HLD for faster gains.