1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A question on taste

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Elander McTavish, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Elander McTavish

Hi all, i know i'm new here but i thought i should ask the forums before going ahead with a plan. Certain people, not just in this game but in every game, lend themselves to a certain rudeness that i have little patience for. I am a nice person but seeing people be rude for no reason to others is something i hate when a place like siege has such a delightful community. Is it in poor taste to pay assassins to take out hits on other players for excessive rudeness? or to take out hits in general? as a crafter i'm not capable myself, and i know i'm opening myself up to plenty of grief killing, which i welcome for my poor choices XD. i was just wondering how the community felt about such acts. any thoughts?

2. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

I think you should probably get some thicker skin since in the real world there are people who aren't going to be nice, and they exist online too.

3. Pignasty

Pignasty Journeyman
    Barter Town

It's been a while since I saw someone take out a contract or put a bounty on another character. Why not give it a try?

While there are rudeniks in the real world, it would be legally problematic to have them killed there.

In UO, and maybe especially on Siege, killing someone can be the best way to make a new friend. But failing that, it sure is satisfying. ^^

Angyl of Ohr, Kattasrophe and Blaeke like this.
  4. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As a crafter myself, I would suggest just hanging on the periphery and go about crafting things and selling them. That theme has worked well for me for well over 10 years.

Jack Nickelson

5. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

my suggestion would be to do two things, 1) learn how to defend yourself with the skills you have 2) make some friends to roll with that can help you defend yourself. i would hope that you have some amount of either magic or mysticism, so you can try to learn how to use that to either kill people or make it so difficult for them to kill you, that they give up.

Barania likes this.
  6. Aran

He's not talking about self defense, he's talking about getting other people to kill people for ~being mean~ in chat.

7. Victim of Siege

i was assuming he meant being rude about killing him, smack talk and such. guess that's what i get f0r assuming things. Ass-U-Me

8. Blaeke

Blaeke Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have always been fond of hired hitmen within this game. I say go for it Elander!
    :sword:

Angyl of Ohr and Pignasty like this.
  9. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Pignasty likes this.
  10. ApollyonSP

ApollyonSP Seasoned Veteran

This is siege perilous, post a bounty against your enemies and develop a reputation. If you provide the gold then somebody will provide the gank and dryloot.

11. Aran

12. Elander McTavish

Im guessing aran is the genleman in question here as his avatar clearly displays his awesome gun collection (missing the new ar-15 he intends to buy). I can only imagine the ferocity within him as he motorcycles across the desert on his commute home (in his sweet black leathers) avoiding hit and run drivers while waving a shotgun at his enemies. So let it be known to the realm, as this is my first hit i am taking out lets do it with a bang (get it? gun joke). i am offering 100,000 gold for the for the first proof of killing and looting Bastion Windsong (screen capture would be a nice touch) and 25,000 for each following kill with a total maxing out at 200,000. at which point we will re assess and see how he feels at that point. thank you

Angyl of Ohr and Blaeke like this.
  13. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*chuckles*

14. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Your best bet would be to place the hit quietly. Posting it in public forums usually gets the turd to kill himself with his alt or with his friends and than they collect your money. Next time you can always pm the Bo and for the right price Bo will kill anyone, anyway and take screenshots for your viewing pleasure. The Bo is no stranger to this kind of work

Angyl of Ohr, Troop, kelmo and 7 others like this.
  15. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

*inhales exhales* Time to give ya a Zenish pep talk, via she whom had studied human psychology in rl as her master in college.

We can not control how others act nor react. :) Nay there are those whom get their thrill pushing other peoples' buttons and if you let them control your buttons ...they win ! Folks think they possess the illusion of control on how others behave or act or react. Sometimes we can change others but most of the times the surest thing we can control, and do control, is our own reaction to JERKS ! :)

:) find ur inner peace grasshopper and kick some arse ur way , do not let some dork push your buttons, just cuz they know now or think they know now how to push ye buttons !

:)
    And if all else fails........... show ur temper ur fire and...LET EM BURN BABY it is Siege !!

#15 QueenZen, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    Kattasrophe likes this.
  16. Victim of Siege

*quietly PM's The Bo*

Blaeke likes this.
  17. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

Let em burn.. Let em burn.. can't hold it back anymore..

#17 Kattasrophe, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  18. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

*Glances at Victim trying to remember anything noteworthy in the recent past, then shrugs shoulders*

Well... UO is older, so I picked the version that is a tad older too.

Bo's Business Card...

19. Angyl of Ohr

Angyl of Ohr Adventurer

This is yet another example of why I love Siege!

:devil: