1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

A Question to the Dev's about leadership

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Rumil of Lorain, May 30, 2010.

1. Rumil of Lorain

Rumil of Lorain Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

We have the Queen of Brit and the Queen of Ter Mur and the Empress of Tokuno,
    I see a little gender discrimination, I know Lord Brit is no more and so is Lord Blackthorn.
    Since Malas doesnt have a regent I say we have a King of Malas,

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Look what the male King Casca did. :D At least the women can't start a war. *ducks*

3. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Tell Magie Thacher that!

4. Rumil of Lorain

Stratics Veteran

I believe Casca was just a pawn in the Three Queens overall plan to subjugate the male population into slavery, if you have noticed most if not all of the influential males are either missing or dead.
    With that said I demand equality who among the male population are with me,come dont hid behind their skirts buck up be a man show our dominance over the weaker sex.
    Or forever cower to your mistress's bidding

5. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

That's hilarious, that was exactly my first thought. :)

6. CatLord

CatLord Guest

We can always join the Guardian...

7. Evlar

Evlar Guest

Leopoldo Galtieri started it...

[​IMG]

Margaret Thatcher finished it...

[​IMG]

:stretcher: ;)

8. siyeng0

siyeng0 Guest

IC:
    Why, but you are correct! Absolutely, deliciously correct! This female tyrannisation of our beloved Sosaria and all its facets has continued for entirely too long. It seems that one can no longer throw a wine glass in a fit of pique and thwarted, impotent, festering resentment toward one's mother-... I mean, ah, righteous masculine rage!... without striking a Queen; an Empress; another Queen; a Princess; a Duchess; a Temptress; a Seductress; or an especially attractive trollop.

It is unacceptable! The rule of women would never have been allowed in my day. In the Golden Age of Britannia, where townsfolk toiled joyously under the benevolent eye of the illustrious Lord British and fell prey to each other with wonderful, slightly baffling frequency - a time when boys had a chance to grow up to be men! - women were resigned to their rightful place: in the kitchen, in the birthing chamber, in my brother's be-... uh, in... in the house...? Yes! In the house. They were demure; they were dignified; they deigned to gaze in feminine desire only upon the faces of their husbands! And occasionally my brothers. But not me. Never me.

Was it my nose? Was that it?

But I digress! I never wanted any of you anyway!

I have entirely forgotten the point of this argument. Why are you here? Leave me alone! This interview is over! Guards! GUARDS!

OOC:
    I think that after the last effort, anybody trying to become King of anything will probably get stoned* to death just on principle. But I think it'd be likely that Umbra would have a kingdom or an empire; Luna would quite obviously have a puppet council of paladins, holding onto fast-fading values and having to rely on the merchant class (that's, uh, us) for financial support.
    *Not that type of stoned.

Edit:
    ........are you sure he was male? I mean, you know... these elves...

9. Rumil of Lorain

Stratics Veteran

Alrighty there are two of us I think thats all we will need, to arms my brother off with their heads *reaches for his glass of Rum and topples from his stool*

10. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

*picks Rumil up off the floor of the Tavern* Alright bro, haven't you learned by now that if a man sticks it out around here, A Queens gonna take a cleaver to it. yeah me neither. To arms Brothers!!

11. siyeng0

siyeng0 Guest

To arms! To arms! No more shall we suffer under the dastardly thumb of the breasted menace! The seas shall be free for men to sail; the fields shall be fallow for men to till; the stableboys will be unoccupied for me to-...

*ahem* As I was saying! As I was saying. Uh. Something about women, wasn't it? Oh yes. Down, down with the dirty hens. Let us have a king, a real king, a marvellously manly king with a keen eye, a firm hand, an iron will and a pert little bottom. No more elves, though. I must say I've had it quite up to here with elves; I warned the people from the very start that there could be no foolery more dire than handing the seat of Royal Britannia over to the accursed fair folk. Give me somebody with British's competence; the Empress's efficiency; Casca's admittedly attractive countenance; Queen Zhah's ability to fly; and Queen Dawn's outfit. Then I will be happy.

...wait.

...wait, no. No. Just... pay no heed to what I just said, I did not think it all the way through-...

Oh, bugger it. *steals the man's rum while he's down*

12. Rumil of Lorain

Stratics Veteran

*lifts head a little* whats this about a pert little*hic* bottom and a queens outfit,
    Tavernkeeper another rouuuu *topples from his stool again*

13. siyeng0

siyeng0 Guest

*looks down at the other man*

...this is why we are labouring under the matriarchy, you sodden old pantaloon.

*riffles through his pockets for loose change, stands up and goes to pledge his allegiance to Queen Dawn*

14. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master

*grabs a bottle and topples onto the floor with Rumil* ah well, 'tis probaly safer in this Tavern anyway

15. Rumil of Lorain

Stratics Veteran

IC:*bangs on the outhouse door * SiyengO you about *hic* done in there I need to use the queens throne somebody dun stopped up the kings and it smells god *hic* awful in there by the way its your turn to buy a round forget about False *looks down at the empty bottle* he aint gettin up soon.

OOC: Been a long time since I used IC or OCC on a forum but I digress
    I actually do think we need some sort of male leadership, I dont mind women being in charge,
    we need a male that is their equal and just not in name only and we do not need a council as you well know they lead to chaos.
    So how about it do you think we need a King of Malas or just leave well enough alone

16. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master

*hic* take more'n that to keep me down. now wheres that barmaid.....

17. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master

I'm all for it, as long as this King of malas doesn't start anything like trying to dry it out.

18. Not exactly behind their skirts.....rolleyes:

19. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Well if you want to get into sexism in UO....

Why are there no female Ogres?

No Female Orcs.....

No Female Trolls...

No female Cyclops....

No Female Titans.....

There is a Succubs... and demons...

But no female Centars...

no male harpy.... (And yes there are males.. though they are very rare and from what I understand very handsome)....

Brigands and Savages come in both sexes....

As do Ronin and Ninja....

Just saying...

Oh.... and British gave his life for us... in a way by taking the shards into the void.... ever so thoughtful of him.

They killed off Nystal..... and he was a man... oh and the idiot (whos name escapes me right now) who left us that lovely crater in Moonglow..... was also a man...

Blackthorn was a man... and the insane Meer who caused the whole of Yew to be swallowed by swamp was a MAN....

So... maybe men should not be allowed to practice magery.... just a thought...

Though for the men..... there was and she is still alive and kicking..... Lady Minax..... who can hardly be called a lady... more like Witch...

20. Rumil of Lorain

Stratics Veteran

As for the genetics I cannot say as I really don't know why some creatures have no opposite gender that's a question we can ponder another time.

Now I know we men have made a few small mistakes but anybody can have a bad day, year, millennium.
    As for Lady Minax she is a little homely even for a man.
    So I come before you today *takes a sip of rum* oh sorry doctors orders
    as I said I come before you today to ask no plead for a man to hold ehm
    A man to to take up the battle against the Three Queens, a man who can take charge a man who has a striking resemblance to Barry Manilow.
    A man who will be King

21. chuckoatl

chuckoatl Guest

We gave a rib so you gals could even be around. We can screw up all we want.

22. canary

canary Guest

Heck I'm still waiting to see CHILDREN in the game, much less female versions of certain monsters. Why is Sosaria barren and childless? Can an artist PLEASE tweak the alpha version children (which were removed so ppl couldn't kill kids) and release them? Pretty please? It's odd having a world where every single person is an adult!

23. Its a sign! Ever see Children Of Men? :eyes:

24. canary

canary Guest

haha I did! It would be interesting to see some fiction on the lack of kids. Maybe that could be an interesting storyline...

25. canary

canary Guest

Well they DO have a mayor, but god knows how he was elected.

26. Rumil of Lorain

Stratics Veteran

Ahh yes but he is Mayor of Luna only besides he pays bounty for elf ears not someone I would elect,
    Who is in charge of Umbra I see no one.
    The land needs a leader one who cannot be swayed by a harlot in a skirt